ITT: we brainstorm solutions on how to save the TV animation industry

ITT: we brainstorm solutions on how to save the TV animation industry

Don't post your show ideas, just general business solutions on how to better produce, market, and monetize animation in a way that would result in another renaissance by bringing in audiences, lowering risk, creating more obvious money making venues etc

Attached: 1643880626340.jpg (600x900, 429.49K)

Create something great

Don't outsource in Korea

they are too much focussed on control and want to mandate what the audience likes
and are not willing to invest the time or cooperation necessary
to develop cross medium IPs like the gooks do

All the cartoons you grew up with were outsourced to korea

Create a good story. Not the best, not the worst, just something that anyone can pick up and say 'well that was pretty nice'

Wow it's THAT simple who would've thought

This best thing you can do is birth and train the next generation replace the ones currently in it and let them take the wheel probably. The ones in charge now will get old and die, and since most of them seem to be childless womanchildren and alphabet people, they won't be much opposition from others rooted from them to keep up their legacy.

Don't pander to men in their 30s. They're pirating the show anyway and will never buy merch

webnovel IPs are out there en mass
which went through mass audience review

Instead of opening up a cable channel counterpart of your US channel in some foreign country that nobody knows about and nobody will watch, sell your shows to the national/local television networks.

Don't greenlight Steven Universe clones.

And look at where we are now!

Use VAs fresh from the acting academy.
If you need a celebrity VA, use a youtuber. I bet DAgames is cheaper than tara strong and chris pratt and kids would prefer DAgames.
In general hire cheap and inexperienced students who graduated, to make animation less incestuous.

And you want to adapt those instead of actual animators' work?

>start making animation and crowdfunding other people's projects

Unfortunately you probably won't get a lot of actual business ideas here, since a lot of anons wouldn't really know what goes into animation on the money crunching side of things.

Personally I think the way the Japanese funding process for shows seems to work pretty well, where there's not as much middle management from networks and more of a direct funding from sponsors in a committee. This would require american producers to step it up and take additional business liabilities to get this done, though, and limit the control traditional studio networks have, so I don't see it happening outside of smaller projects.

People bitch about outsourcing but I think the collaborative production a lot of european productions have helps to minimize costs while still keeping up quality, you just need to be selective about it (a recent example is how genndy outsourced primal's animation to a french studio).

Merchandising funded shows could make a comeback but I think its basically going to have to be videogame adaptations. The real issue is that the ones happening right now are for legacy titles like castlevania or mega hits like arcane. Ideally there could be a new wave of low budget projects meant to advertise games with an ongoing revenue stream like many multiplayer games, though this would require a pretty direct ask from developers/publishers to front the money and without a lot of examples of success this isn't likely to take off outside of one studio that could easily corner the market. I would've guessed yotta since they were making all those sonic shorts and other game ads but they seem to have fallen off the map.

We get rid of television, radio, and all forms of entertainment. Finally, we can live our dreams, instead of just vicariously interacting them out through media, and return to the true faith of (random made up bullshit)

The losers who die of dysentery are just going to have to cope with not being part of the elect

As far as tv animation, I think with the way the economy is going, the fucking over of animators' pay during the streaming era leading to unionization efforts, and diminishing returns on entertainment outside of large subsidized productions like netflix, its likely we're going to see a decrease of original tv properties, but potentially an increase in short films and feature film specials made by smaller studios being paid by streaming services to make stuff. The binge formula seems to have really killed a lot of the interest in ongoing storytelling so its possible there's going to be consolidation to make smaller productions that capitalize more on spur of the moment interest, like movies, or movies that're backdoor pilots, or a series of shorts packaged as a season when it really just has a feature length runtime.

Basically we're getting lipflap tier tv shows and ova style films as the most realistic ways for things to make their money back.

Bring back the layout department, and compensate for it by trimming the animation budget. It doesn't matter how much a character's head wobbles if the layout sucks. Fan animatics on YouTube look better these days than what makes it to air on TV, and that should be a wakeup call.

>ITT: we brainstorm solutions on how to save the TV animation industry

Attached: 20201217_072724.jpg (1758x1216, 249.62K)