Why is one character praised for being overpowered and boring but the other character is hated for having these traits?

Why is one character praised for being overpowered and boring but the other character is hated for having these traits?

Attached: saitama-vs-superman.jpg (1710x900, 249.5K)

Because one is in a comedy show

Because Saitama is kind of a joke character. Same reason why someone would praise the Mask for toon powers but be angry about the Beyonder having the same.

because caped baldy worked hard for this
and had to sacrifize everything

one punch is better written.

People don't actually read Superman, they build up an idea of how Superman is in their heads and then never actually read his comics because he's "OP and boring".
Most people who talk about Saitama are at least familiar with OPM

As someone who used to hate Superman due to me perceiving him as boring, I can honestly say that I still hate Superman.
But he's pleb filter and people who claim he's boring are retards

Saitama is parody, the joke is that being the most powerful character of the setting makes him bored and depressed.
>Another E vs W thread
Fuck off.

Superfag cope
Superman fans are the worst capeshit fans.

One punch is like any dumb shonen anime the only difference is that the author kept the main gimmick longer, although he put the boring support casts ahead of the story. there's nothing original about this show and the joke was funny for up to a volume. And how old is that arc?

>Comedy
Not with the way TARDrata is handling it.

OPM isn’t a joke series anymore and hasn’t been for a while now.

Dragonball started as a parody of serious fighting series as well but as time went on and it became more popular the series became more serious. (Kinda like OPM :O) Things like Goku being really dumb is a joke(making fun of "genius" fighters), the fact that he is so small but so strong is a joke(so many first enemies are big and scary), most of red ribbon army was a joke (purple ninja), Oolong is a joke(big scary monster that is actually weak), the first wish is a joke(panties) Krillin wins a fight by being reminded he doesnt have a nose.

>he stopped reading after boros
good decision

In a thread featuring One Punch Man? Hardly

>He reads the webcomic and ONLY the webcomic
Nice.

Is OPM still in redraw Namek?

This. although the webcomic still put the comedy ahead of dumb shonen fights. one punch man is like any shonen since kinnikuman.

OPM is genre subversion
tell me when he needs to train to beat something

People are upset about OPM's plot choices and constant rewrites and pretty much everyone doesn't particularly care about Saitama himself, authors included. In a strange sense, ONE and Murata ended up agreeing that Saitama isn't that interesting and so the conflict of the side-characters and their relative strength to one another is the main source of conflict. You know how Superman pulls his punches as to avoid turning crooks to mist, or how he is busy with other threats? Same deal here, having the strong guy fight at full power all the time is not interesting, and so you either write bigger scope stories to physically punch out or smaller scope stories that can't be solved through that. In a sense, neither are praised for their sheer power, and Saitama is actually in the same boat as Superman.

There is no subversion. this is the shonen formula since the 80's. how come shonen fans didn't understand this

it is genre subversion no need to train
no real stakes

>having the strong guy fight at full power all the time is not interesting
Saitama is pulling his punches, that's part of the joke. His 'ultimate move' is called Serious Punch for a reason, he's explicitly not punching as hard as he can.

>tell me when he needs to train
I don't think this is as important to the shounen label as people think. Jojo Part 3-6 have zero training as far as I can remember, and even One Piece mostly shoved all that training into one-panel sidestories set during a timeskip.

Well yeah, but that's not my point. I mean more in the sense that One Punch Man does not find its titular character all that interesting and would rather focus on the characters that are trying their hardest against villains that can hold back against them. Of course he could obliterate Fuhrer Ugly, but he's not here, so we have to ask if any of the weaker heroes can do that.

one punch man is no battle shonen
no matter if you attempt to conflate it

one punch man is shonen and it is comedy
but it is not a battle shonen like dragonball
or my hero academia

Saitama is part of a larger disection of heroism that is central to the themes of the webcomic. Is saitama more of a hero than genos, who actually risks death every fight? Is mumen rider more of a hero because unlike saitama and genos hes dedicated to helping people even though hes relatively powerless? Is king a hero for ultimately facing his fear when he had no intention of even being able to help regardless? Is tatsumaki a hero just because shes powerful and gets paid to help people? Is sweet mask more of a hero for overcoming his evil nature? Saitama is interesting because of how his character affects those around him and how he changes the world hes in on a personal level (or how he fails as the case may be)

100% of the time ive seen superman used hes either been a blatant mouthpiece for the author to shill a moral or hes been evil because "superman do bad thing thing bad". Burger politics are boring and character drama isnt.

Lets just this out of the way first
Webcomic: good
Manga: bad

>he nitpicks while gargling on east cock

It doesn't mean anything. the author only creates fake drama for saitama to solve. Superman challenges are completely different.