Your honor. I can tell you are a reasonable horse. I am very pregnant because of what happened with Lupe...

Your honor. I can tell you are a reasonable horse. I am very pregnant because of what happened with Lupe. She ate my bus accident and all I wanted was to make Lupe into a book. I have too many anuses ahead of me to spend my life in a cigar factory.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16.1K)

I've never watched KoTH so I have no context for this

Peggy is bad at spanish.

Going off the flag in the background, I'm going to assume that Peggy, who thinks she's fluent in Spanish, is trying to talk to the judge in Spanish but she's butchering the language and getting the words wrong.

>teacher is bad at his subject
Hy тyпыыыыыe, I mean, do Americans really?

Attached: Zadornov.jpg (300x222, 12.53K)

Isn't this bitch a substitute teacher for spanish classes.

Yes, that is the joke.,

Well they are taught by our college graduates so did you really think they'd have a chance?

Peggy is a substitute Spanish teacher, but she's TERRIBLE at Spanish. During a trip to Mexico she accidentally kidnaps a little girl and brings her across the border. When she brings the girl back she's arrested. The judge isn't buying that it was an accident, so Hank convinces Peggy to speak Spanish to the judge directly.

The show is satire, but the real life issue it is satirizing with Peggy’s job is that american public schools can be notoriously shitty and underfunded. No one cares that Peggy can’t actually speak spanish when they have her sub a spanish class. They only need her to baby sit the students for that particular period while their regular teacher takes a sickday, so that the school doesn’t get sued for neglect. Now, if a spanish teacher were to take a maternity leave and Peggy got to sub for a whole year, that might be a problem. But nobody thinks that far ahead because, again, shitty and underfunded.

Peggy then takes the absurdity to another level by being ridiculously prideful and confident in her own abilities. So instead of just giving the kids a free period and letting them do busy work like “review the novels on page such and such,” like she’s supposed to, she actually tries to teach them using her shitty spanish, and teaches them incorrectly.

>novels
*nouns

Substitute Spanish teacher of the year*

It's really hard to believe that a substitute teacher would be able to go on a field trip in the regular teacher's place and take the students to an entirely different country for a day.
Substitute Teacher of the Year for 3 consecutive years, mind you. But schools would almost never give awards to regular teachers yet alone substitutes.

When King of the Hill returns, I want Peggy teaching English for Spanish-speakers at Heimlich County Community College... A continuing education, no-credit class of course.

Despite being a substitute Spanish teacher who thinks highly of her skills.

> schools would almost never give awards to regular teachers let alone substitutes

It would be pretty within character for Peggy to make up an award ceremony just to give herself an award, and for the people around her to just kinda shrug and let her do it, as long as it wasn’t inconveniencing them.

yes. she's a substitute spanish teacher who doesn't give a shit about teaching. she went to mexico as a chaperone on a field trip, and despite the little girl's pleas, Peggy rushed her onto the school bus.
The girl "but I live in Mexico."
Peggy replied, "yes, yes, Viva Mexico."

She was arrested for human trafficing at the border by the federales, and the lawyer's defence was centered on the idea that the educational standards in America are so low, that the US was to blame for putting Peggy in a teaching position to begin with.

He won the case, and Peggy (I think) was banned from returning.

Don't forget Hank does this in one of his elaborate ploys to protect her ego from harm by tricking her to demonstrate her absolute incompetence without her ever actually realizing that's what's happening.

Was that the last time she was ever shown teaching? I remember at some point she commented on when she "used to teach" and then changed to writing for the newspaper.

Was this episode even aired in Mexico? I tried to find a Latino dub of it but couldn’t.

>do Americans really?
Mike Judge made Idiocracy, which is "Do Americans Really: The Movie"

>sub for a whole year / a problem
It's not. I assure you, it is not. America really is this bad. It's not a parody or a joke. Texas has what are called "permanent substitutes", basically $100 a day babysitters from grade 1 to 12 who hand out standardized test forms. The districts love them because they work for nothing, and can be fired at-will with no contracts. Peggy is a realistic substitute in Texas. My science teacher in highschool was a theology major who didn't believe in evolution, or atoms. My history teacher has a framed poster of George W. Bush and affirmed her faith in "the lord Jesus Christ", and my math economics teacher actually said, "minimum wage is fine if you play your cards right/ print your resume on yellow paper to stand out." He was 87 years old.
It's satire, but the best satire is only 1 degree away from tragity.

She probably stopped teaching after the skydiving thing happened

Yes. Yes we do. There's a confederate flag on my wall, about 54 guns in the house, 5 dogs, and I have pico de gio for breakfast burritos. Yes.
Most of us know it's a shit hole country, but that's due to the unchecked capitalism. We've little to no hope to change things.

In the episode, Peggy convinced the principal ( or was it the vice) to take the place of the "real" teacher ( Who was sick or something) to go on the field trip to Mexico instead of cancelling.

also the "Substitute Teacher of the Year" award, she made it up when she started teaching. ( it was said in a episode but not the same one as the field trip)

Peggy is a great terrible character.

Except in the first few seasons, where she was actually a fluent speaker of the Spanish language.

>doesn't give a shit about teaching
Err, not really, Peggy's quite passionate about it. Her problem is that she's incompetent and completely unaware of it, which is exactly what causes these issues for her, moves the plot along and is the subject of jokes. They're extra funny if you know enough of Spanish (or at least some Romance language) to understand what was the correct way to say things and how excactly she messed the words up, e.g. in the op pic she was probably going to say cabalero (in some languages the word 'cavalier' is synonymours with a respectable/chivalrous man, at least it used to be) but said cabalo, idk what the correct spellings for those are.

It's probably well-documented by fans somewhere but the few instances that come to mind is her substituting for the sex ed teacher early on in the series and also tutoring a kid in a kennel in the episode where Bobby's allergic to Ladybird.

Peggy was not this terrible at spanish in the beginning seasons. They made her worse and I'm not sure they were thinking the fall gave her brain damage.