Are you ready for college age Mary Marvel?

She’s the new Shazam. Her comic was postponed until after Shazam 2 is released. And it’s scheduled to be released around National Coming Out Day in October 2022.

Remember Jon Kent in October 2021?

Attached: 4BCAD1B4-F454-406C-9F25-77D0125E22BF.jpg (760x1066, 1.03M)

Here’s hoping it gets discreetly cancelled cause the book sounded fucking terrible from the start

I like Mary marvel and the story “oh now she’s the captain” is fine enough for a miniseries but I don’t like the design they gave her and Doc Is a good artist but I like Mary Marvel being cute

Attached: 6F11A5F2-234B-4DBD-B0F1-531856C887F4.jpg (828x906, 600.62K)

I don’t understand why we need to suddenly shit on Billy as an excuse to give Mary a book. She is, and always has been, a cool character of her own right

They did it with Freddie 16 years ago when he replaced Billy.
It’s just a temporary thing to give Mary some spotlight.

It really is weird like a Mary book would sell on her own cause she’s popular in her own right, there really is no need to diminish Billy to push her

I really think Mary is the next “big” character that DC will reveal as queer.
They did a lot of reveals in 2021, don’t think it’s going to stop in 2022.

Attached: E66165BD-F01E-46B7-BB24-207FF7C9C50B.jpg (960x1225, 1.25M)

Yeah Mary going away to college away from the family is a fine setup as is. She misses them, questions if Billy will be alright, even questions her own future being pulled between responsibilities

For Freddie it makes a little bit of sense since he’s literally called Captain Marvel Jr and really the only way for his character to grow is to either get his own identity or take up Billy’s. The thing is Mary Marvel doesn’t have that issue her character can easily stand on its own with out taking out Billy to prop her up

Maybe pre-Flashpoint, but not anymore with the current Shazam Family status quo.
Especially now since Mary is Billy’s older foster sister, and no longer his twin biological sister.

This is so dumb the Marvel family already has a lgbtq member, Pedro

Attached: 6623B9AF-1957-4D31-AAA4-C68C3706AFF2.jpg (1462x2048, 322.14K)

>She’s the new Shazam
>scheduled to be released around National Coming Out Day
So she comes out as FTM and turns into the classic Captain?

Attached: marc-lee-shazam2019-a.jpg (778x1200, 274.72K)

That doesn’t mean anything, they can easily fix it by giving them the Captain Marvel monikers again to have separate identities. And again her character and agency is still able to stand on its own without diminishing Billy to prop it up

Does the word Shazam sound like it’s only male to you user?

I think it’s happening.
The She-Ra writer is writing it, it’s a coming of age story, it’s set in college where Mary is away from the rest of the family.
Who else is Mary going to interact with besides a new female roommate/friend/lover?

Every DC franchise has two queers now.

Because all that shit with Billy happened in a Teen Titans book, and everybody knows the Teen Titans are all about shitting on every character as much as possible.

Why would anyone hire anybody from that show it was hot garbage

>it’s scheduled to be released around National Coming Out Day in October 2022
Man, this is almost like a parody.

Name not big enough, there's a reason they made Alan Scott gay instead of focusing on his gay son more.

And yet everyone hates Gay Alan so much so that it seems like they actively are trying to ignore it now