I have come to appreciate him alot more as an i got older

i have come to appreciate him alot more as an i got older

Attached: supes.jpg (183x275, 10.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Superman-World-Krypton-John-Byrne/dp/1401217958
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Imagine if the Punisher had his powers for a day. Or even an hour.

would be based

Superman's is simply outdated and a retarded concept. I don't care what retarded shit he does to trick people IRL but with modern technology his identity would be public. Also, his boy scout is lame and even though Jon sucks. He is at least an updated idea that hashes with modern reality. If superman were real he would be a social activist and hero instead of some old school boyscout and faggot

nah you are

you have to be over 18 to post on this site

Zoomer lol

> no u
yup averageboyscoutfag response
> Superboomer is over
> small town farm boys aren't relatable anymore
> nobody likes journalists
Honestly if DC ever retool him Batman begins style. Keep what works and change the old stuff. Batman evolved from a simple costumed detective to an international superspy, ninja and scientist. Superman is a nice farm guy with super powers who has stayed to much like the same. Honestly, a superman retool that made less of a farm boy and representing him as an actual symbol of international justice who was more antagonist of the status quo instead of its primary defender would be better

> superboomers with no actual arguments just name calling
You zoomerfags need to stop projecting. Just liking old things isn't a sign of maturity

Superman doesn't work since only stable first world
nation give you the luxuary of believing in
absolute good. A world of grays can no longer tolerate him

What's a good reading order for pre-Crisis on Infinite Earth Superman?

Attached: RCO055_1641524477.jpg (1039x1600, 495.97K)

14-year-olds aren't allowed to post on 4channel.

True, if you wanted to make superman a virtuous paragon type and not just a dark knight like batman, he would have to get into conflict with institutions and governments. Since he is so strong the conflict is less about punching bad guys and more about navigating the specifics of human moralities as well as his presence as an alien outsider. No matter how many Toymen or Parasites he stops, there are other tragedies perpetrated by organized human groups that aren't supervillains. Thats why Luthor is such a based human idea and he represents the fundamental challenge to superman as a moral defender of humanity. A normal human cannot be death with in just pure strength, but trying to unravel the corrupt system he weaves around himself.

Luthor is based on nietzches ubermensch
while superman got the namesake

In the John Byrne run, Krypton is blown up by a death cult which was formed over a feud regarding clone rights, which Krptonians created to extend their lives with organ and body part replacements, making themselves immortal. Their leader went crazy after his mother arraigned for him to marry a woman, who turned out to be a clone of his mother, because she decided no woman was good enough for her son. So, he murdered his clone mommy wife and then murdered his mother.

Attached: World of Krypton 003 (1988)_0019.jpg (1280x2033, 676.45K)

The incest murder from part 1 of Byrne's 81 part run.

Attached: World of Krypton 001 (1987)_0026.jpg (1280x2043, 773.18K)

Byrne making sure everyone knows that this was an incest related murder. I noticed they omit this in collected editions of the Byrne run.
amazon.com/Superman-World-Krypton-John-Byrne/dp/1401217958

Attached: World of Krypton 002 (1988)_0010.jpg (1280x2023, 722.88K)

nah they have plenty of good points you are underage and a faggot

By the sliding timeline, Clark and Lois are millennials now.

Attached: blah-blah-blah.jpg (764x382, 128.8K)

>i have come to appreciate him alot more as an i got older
Might want to cut down of the booze then

Because Superman is written for 12 - 16 year olds.

that's far too many things - you're looking at 1938 to 1985/86. since the pirated copies exist, I'd check out the Golden Age Superman, which is a mix of both Action and the self-titled. And I'd also check out stuff like the few collections from the SA and then the bronze age, which are also pirated. Or narrow down your question and come back.