Unsounded

She's the only one who cares.

Attached: ch16_129[1].jpg (600x900, 270.4K)

So is it the body that everything is tied to and not the head?
Grandma two toes did note that it was strange that Duane's brain is obviously completely rotted at this point, yet he can think and remember and alll that. Perhaps aside from sight and speech, Duane doesn't need a head.

>getting hassled by crows
FUCK OFF TITBIRD NOBODY CARES

I assume Duane is essentially just a lot of rotten flesh being compelled to move by his curse and aided a bit by his own magic rather than closer to a regular zombie like the slaves we saw before.

Maybe he can't die.

>So is it the body that everything is tied to and not the head?
I'm assuming that the extra port Duane has as a tacit caster is the anchor point for his soul.

>just a lot of rotten flesh
He's not really rotten at this point, and not really flesh. More like dessicated skin over bone, like a mummy.

I believe the tacit port is in his neck. that's where Bastion put his thingamajig when he raised Duane. That's probably the anchor of the whole thing

It looked like the silver "appliance" went into his upper back, not quite at his tacit port.

Sette commanding the Dog-butt twins to find Duane's lost scone is awesome. Insane twins are best twins.

Attached: Dog-butt twins go head-hunting.jpg (666x337, 89.03K)

>Sette took Jivi's hat again
Even during all this after witnessing him hack a bunch of aldish soldiers up, she still can't resist.

She's just hanging on to it for him until he's done crying like a little bitch.

He lost it mid-meltdown. She's just keeping it safe for him.

Attached: Jivi commits war crimes.jpg (360x289, 40.83K)

You can see it flying off him when he's hacking at the dead guy, man I love the attention to detail in this comic.

shocked the soldiers/lori are just letting two of their shrine kids run off into the woods with a sharte-shaped-mutant

Shhhh dwayne is sleeping

This, and the thingamajig Bastion put there.

The eyes that were prepared are probably connected to the device on him, allowing his body to see.8

>Ssael did describe King Rortide himself as copper-bearded and swarthy, with broad features and shoulders that could uproot the Soud Vaghal.
>It’s worth noting that the Rortidians was a coalition of different tribes all united under Rortide and his dynasty, and not a single homogeneous people.
So the Aldish castes were just exaggerating the features of the original Rortidians and forcibly applying it to everyone they had conquered then. With Coppers being the most long lived and physically imposing because of the tie to King Rortide, and the rest being based off of the other tribes. And Ssael (with help from Tittybird?) designing the dammakhert deliberately to opt the original Tains and their descendents out.

I wonder if the origin of the castes will become relevant in the comic eventually.

the eyes interface with the soul. If his soul thing is in the spine with the rest of his body, he's out of contact with and can't use the pymarics

>I wonder if the origin of the castes will become relevant in the comic eventually.
Almost certainly, in the next book. It's in Alderode and focuses much more on what's going on up north

Those two little kids seem awfully cheerful, have they just not realized yet that two of the girls were crushed to death?

Probably. I doubt they've spread that around widely yet.

They take everything in their stride.

Attached: Insane twins are best twins.jpg (461x281, 45.84K)

That's my hope. Certainly everything else with Ssael is going to come up eventually. It'll be interesting to see how Ashley manages to tie it all together and make it relevant to present day Alderode, Duane, and Sette. Why Ssael decided to betray his people to help the Rortidians, just how much the truth of his myths and the twin gods' myths have become warped into what they are now, and how much of what he's credited with was his own doing versus the help of a very interested Tirna/bird lady. Hell, maybe Ssael was the inspiration for, or a founding member of, the black tongues. I wonder how badly learning that Ssael was a black tongue and he's been fucking one of the twin gods would shake Duane.

>sharte-shaped-mutant

Attached: 1497496463486.png (800x580, 256.76K)

Hmm. So what happens from here? Ash has mentioned a torture chamber in the next chapter. Who gets captured? Where do they wind up? This page seems to suggest Duane and Sette might be about to strike out on their own again.

>Who gets captured?
Duane, dude. The queen is going to get her mitts on him.

Depends on Duane's mental state. He may not have the willpower to do anything at the moment, leaving them vulnerable to getting carried off to a chat with Queen Sonorie, where he'll probably have all sorts of poking and prodding done to him since it'll be a fresh batch of faces that won't believe he's a person

I think they're just really young and either don't understand or are being sheltered from the worst of it. They're substantially younger than how Sette is depicted, so maybe around 8-10 I'd guess. Plus even if they were told, they're raised with the expectation that half of their sisters will die a very early death.

Who does the Crescians want to interrogate here?
Quigly?
Bell’s Wright?
Tomas to keep him out of the way?
Duane?
Friends or relatives of the above?