TeenNick discontinued their NickRewind block yesterday after 11 years...

TeenNick discontinued their NickRewind block yesterday after 11 years, probably because cable is dying streaming has made it easier for people to see the 90s shows online. The block has been replaced with iCarly reruns.

Attached: 1920px-Nick_Rewind_logo.svg.png (1920x302, 41.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bOuReZy7Jto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably because" teens" girls aren't interested in cartoons that released before they were born.

Now we can all relive the dissapointment of watching great cartoons be shifted in favor of complete pedo garbage

>11 years

christ. Feels like just yesterday that block premiered. Its amazing how after 20 you start just taking years like nothing.

Thank god 90s nostalgia is over
Even if they move over to 2000s nostalgia next it will be better since cartoons haven’t changed much since then so the reboots will be a lot more accurate and won’t have to live up to actual standards

90s nostalgia isn't over retard, it just started in 2020s. 2010s were 80s nostalgia with Stranger things and Ready player one.

You want to bet they are going to dump all their classics back on Nicktoons?
The channel they were all intended for?

90s nostalgia has been going on since about 2010, picked up steam in 2014/15 and peaked a few years ago with Hey Arnold Jungle Movie and the Rocko movie

I’d say 80s nostalgia started in the late 2000’s and died around the time of Ghostbusters 2016 when that movie crushed people’s souls

It never died, Dua Lipa and The Weeknd are still popular this year

80s nostalgia was already in swing in the mid 2000s with media like GTA:VC and went in full swing with the death of MJ

I’d just prefer they bring back SNICK and air the old shows on Saturday nights. It won’t be as often, but at least they’ll be on a channel at least 3 people still watch.

God fucking damnit, i as looking for this yesterday and it bothered me that it was all icarly reruns

Fuck nick

Michael Jackson died in 2009, but your point about it starting earlier still stands.

I don’t think they have much once the classics leaves. And they removed D&J reruns too. I don’t see this channel lasting any longer might be put to rest soon.
Especially once they soon expose Dan “Ill give you a lollipop if you let me suck your little piggies.” Schneider.

It's a good time to reflect on this experiment, what went right and wrong.
Nickrewind (and all its previous names) had two main problems that prevented it from realizing its full potential.
One is corporate decided to essentially spam the same 4 shows as its only content, and rotate them constantly. Nickelodeon has a vast, vast library, but many shows never even appeared or only appeared for a few showings over a decade. What could have been a real variety changer to get people to tune in eventually became a late night rerun of the same Rugrats and Hey Arnold episodes, which isn't going to drive people every night. Hell by the end they even dropped the other two and only had these two. Maybe the thought it would be the most consistent ratings for advertisers, but it dried up interest. Likewise when they killed off all the little interesting stuck like the SNICK revival
Second is that it simply was created in a time that's so distant that it had purpose then but became obsolete now. Streaming didn't really take off yet, and most of these shows were not heavily available outside pirating. Some might have DVD/VHS releases, some were featured a few episodes at at time On Demand. So to have all the shows in this block was seen as the way people could view them again. Now you can go onto Paramount Plus or Hulu and watch any episode of many of these series at any time you want, they even have a Nickrewind section to make it easy to find. Much like Toonami, there's no point in having this block (or even Teennick as a channel) anymore. And this is why, despite people begging for a retro channel, it was never going to last. Streaming was going to always be the way to give access to all the.se shows
When this block debuted it got 600,000 viewers late night on a channel most people didn't get. That was a decade ago but feels like a lifetime ago. It was fun to see it happen.

Attached: p1991169_e_h9_aa.jpg (300x300, 24.8K)

When are channels just going to stop broadcasting for TV and do everything online?

When everyone worldwide cuts the cord, which will never happen. Some can't afford streaming or prefer the familiar formulas of cable.

It just doesnt make sense to me why they would end it in the first place

>tfw nostalgic for nostalgia
youtube.com/watch?v=bOuReZy7Jto

Attached: 1604388249073.jpg (680x680, 125.33K)

The biggest issue, as you said, was that it very quickly became the same 4 shows reran endlessly for over a decade. Some shows, despite featuring in the advertising all the time, maybe aired once in 10 years after those first months.