Maybe it's confirmation bias on my part but did anyone notice that after Invincible there's been a resurgence of...

Maybe it's confirmation bias on my part but did anyone notice that after Invincible there's been a resurgence of serious/story-oriented cartoons like MOFTU and Arcane?

>Arcane was years in development

I feel like it came out exactly at the right time though where this era of serious adult cartoons.

Did Invincible (and avatar coming onto netflix) make companies realize that serious cartoons for adults have massive money-making potential? If so, then we're in a golden era of streaming cartoons.

Attached: mark.jpg (798x420, 24.48K)

none of the cartoons you've mentioned are for adults you stupid manchild they're for teenagers with some mature themes the same way catcher in the rye and the sandman comics are

Attached: Screenshot 2022-01-18 at 19-39-47 7a6c115d171954c933705a0eec6ed914 jpeg (JPEG Image, 474 × 494 pixels).png (474x494, 111.91K)

>Mark: You want to explain to me what you’re doing here?
>Anissa: I CAME LOOKIN FOR BREEDIN…
>Mark: You came looking to procreate
with the son of The Viltrum Emperor??
>Anissa: AH NAH...I-I ain’t coming for no little sons! I ain’t got no bedtime, no toys, *nothin’.* I came lookin’ for MAN’S DICK!
>Mark: A man’s dick? Excuse me?
>Anissa: Oh I know who you are, Mark Grayson, but see I-I calls ya’s ‘Dick Grayson’, Ive been looking you this entire time, so you can go ahead and bring them Guardians and Cecil is meeting for you back inside, it don't make me no difference.
>Anissa: Now, I tell you what...I like ya and I want ya, now we can do this The Human Way, or we can do it “The Viltrumite Way” the chaws is yawwwws.
>Mark: Well I don’t think you and I won’t be doing anything, ANY kind of Way.
>Anissa: OKAY I...I see you choosing The Viltrumite Way.
>Mark: OK stop, this isn’t happening, I need get to The Pentagon before all hell breaks loos-
>Anissa: YOU GON MAKE ME RUIN THA DICK, Mark!
>Mark: No, Please!
>Anissa: I’m...I’M A SOULJA!!!!!
>Mark: AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1630801207242.png (1022x771, 726.8K)

Castlevania came out before, hardly the only case of this sort of thing

>Arcane and Invincible
You fags only take notice when capeshit is involved. They have been trying this stuff for a while now, with the rise of streaming this was basically inevitable

The only one of these adult action cartoons I've ever heard mentioned by normalfags in real life is the Witcher. Do they actually make money?

How is Arcane capeshit? Because it takes place in a city?

Because it's about cartoon characters with superpowers punching each other. How is it not capeshit?
>Vi has Hulk Smash fists
>Jinx got super soldier serum
>Jayce literally invented an energy source to give him superpowers

I think it's fair to call it capeshit-adjacent due to the similarity of setting and soap opera feel but it has none of the genre baggage of capeshit that leads people to give it the "shit" suffix. There's no mindless crime fighting or "if you kill him you'll be just like him" or refusal to take itself seriously or reset to status quo. If anything it's purified and redeemed capeshit.

>zoomers still care about legacy media

I've watched more youtube animation than 2021 ''official'' industry animations

Wasn't Arcane in the works before Invincible was (IIRC it was in production for like six years), and Masters of the Universe: Revelation in the works pretty much in the same time as Invincible. Animation takes a long time, my friend.

It's like you saw Abominable and Missing Link come out after small foot and wondered why the hell there was such a trend in imitating a movie about a normal person finding the home of Yeti without realizing that those three movies were in the works roughly overlapping times and with little to do from each other in terms of companies, producers, story, and medium. They all came out in the same year, that's hardly time for one to imitate the other during production. You only paid attention to invincible because it became a meme and forgot about other serious cartoons like the aforementioned Castlevania or Primal.

Not that I disagree with you in that there seems to finally be an improvement for cartoons. Star Trek: Prodigy, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, Bad Batch, Maya & the 3, Up, Trollhunters, and not even mentioning Arcane which will pretty much set the standard of "why doesn't _ look like Arcane?" in the years to come.
TV budget 3D CGI is finally getting to high quality? Blows the last half decade out of the water that still wows me with the physics rendering in say Jurassic World.

Invincible doesn't count as "capeshit" either by that definition.

You don't know what capeshit is because not every superhero movie is capeshit.
Arcane is not a quip filled garbage like those movies.

anyone with blender can do that. why do people care about legacy media?

Almost. There is definitely

>"if you kill him you'll be just like him"

in Invincible.

>It's like you saw Abominable and Missing Link come out after small foot and wondered why the hell there was such a trend in imitating a movie about a normal person finding the home of Yeti without realizing that those three movies were in the works roughly overlapping times and with little to do from each other in terms of companies, producers, story, and medium.

I think that's a fair question to ask. You don't?

bizarre synchronicities happen sometimes. There's no possible way Missing Link was a ripoff of Smallfoot, and it's unlikely Abominable was trendchasing either of them, since there wasn't really a trend to chase. Some marketing firm probably had some algorithm spit out "Yeti" for Dreamworks and Warner and they just rolled with it.

I do not think it's a fair question because among the sea of non disclosure agreements, "unoriginal" ideas being pitched, and so on there isn't going to be a big mystery on a broadly coincidental theme being shared by three unrelated productions during an overlapping time. It's more like that time there were two unrelated snow white movies and less like the rivalry that lead to Antz vs Bug's Life.

Guess anime is also capeshit now, never realized how close the two of them were.

Attached: Profile-mika[1].png (2048x2048, 1.8M)

If anything kickstarted the recent trend it was Castlevania, not Invincible.

Yes user, it was Invincible that started the trend. Castlevania? Primal? Blood of Zeus? Shivering Truth? What's all that?

Capeshit is defined by characters wearing capes, or general costumes that fall under the traditional superhero aesthetic. Shocking, huh?

>Did Invincible (and avatar coming onto netflix) make companies realize that serious cartoons for adults have massive money-making potential?
If serious cartoons appear all at roughly the same time, then it means that the triggering event for them happened years in the past.