Message Failed

Post episodes where the crew failed to get a message across.

Attached: retcon.png (1366x768, 611.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dl1XE6TAYsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

all of them

Maybe they did, but if so it's an awful message

Attached: 1621961021889.jpg (1200x675, 111.59K)

You should've maybe clarified what kind of message they were trying to get across and in what way you think they failed. Not everyone has every episode of Steven Universe memorized perfectly.

>Women in positions of power will 180 on their beliefs and frame their former subordinates as villains the moment it's socially beneficial
And that's why I career switched the fuck out of HR after my first position.

That episode where Steven becomes Lars
the fusion episode with pearl and garnet.

>the fusion episode with pearl and garnet.
Elaborate because that was an arc that spanned across multiple episodes
5 if I'm correct because it was in the "bomb" format

"We just need a reason to fuse." The tower episode. It basically started the whole confusion on fusion being a relationship, but it's not, but it is.

Are you gonna complain that it was implied rape and therefore forgiven way too easily? I think we shouldn't try to assign specific allegories to cartoon alien things, their falling out is something we can vaguely relate to as humans at its core, but in specifics it's their own alien thing that does not necessarily 100% represent anything from our culture.

>that does not necessarily 100% represent anything from our culture.
Then why was it presented in such a way then?

The episode claims that Greg had controlling abusive parents but comes off that's Greg was being fucking spoiled teenager.

bookmark 1:00 youtube.com/watch?v=dl1XE6TAYsk

Hit the nail on the head. Over the course of the series, fusion was used as a metaphor for all kinds of relationships; it could've been representing a romantic one, a sexual one, or even a familial one. I can't believe people actually argued over this shit as if the Gems' unique customs are supposed to be 1:1 to humans, especially in a children's cartoon that can't be so overt with its more mature subject matter.

>Then why was it presented in such a way then?
Are you really that incapable of subtext? The way fusion is used in the storytelling of whichever episodes it appeared in is usually made clear. Doesn't take a genius to know when one particular fusion is romance-based and another is totally platonic. You know this based on the dynamics shared between the fusing characters in question.

Attached: end of the sibling arc.gif (480x270, 1.46M)

Steven was an ingrateful shit for not appreciating the life that he had

The big issue is that through out the show fusion is sometimes a metaphor for a relationship and sometimes a metaphor for sex.

Yeah, Craig really came across as a fucking cunt and Steven was justified being mad at Greg for being a fucking teenager and still being mad about how his parents treated him as a teenager.

I would also be mad if my literal grandparents were just a ride away and the only reason my dad avoided them and never talked about was because he wasn't happy being treated like a teenager by them.

It completely fucked Greg's character and made him seem like more of a manchild than he already seemed.

Attached: FKBnVJeXsAAIPFJ.jpg (680x510, 80.07K)

You're an ungrateful shit for not appreciating the life you have compared to the starving African children.

Fuck those savages, they deserve it for being inferior to me. My life is hell and i have mo friends in a wonderless worthless shithole planet. I should be out in the stars and i will get their even if i have to climb atop the backs of billions of dead human filth to get to it

On the other hand, Greg's parents weren't that great if they never bothered to communicate with him after he left. Greg at least wrote to them years later to maybe heal that relationship, but they just ignored his letters and never bothered to check up on him.

>a situation can be judged different ways, with no character's point of view being singularly "correct"
>this means the writers "failed"
So this is the power of Any Forums's critical thinking

What makes your life hold more value than any other person's life? If WW3 started and a Russian soldier tried to shoot you and some other random guy, how would you convince them not to choose you?

>a situation can be judged different ways, with no character's point of view being singularly "correct"
That's your interpretation. The narrative portrays one side as in the right.

Because im not some bone in nose spear chuckee thats for sure, and because im smarter then most other people and because i deserve to be better then the unwashed normal faggot masses of sheep around me

>im smarter then most other people and because i deserve to be better then the unwashed normal faggot masses of sheep around me
You cannot definitively prove that. Also by your own sociopathic logic you'd be dumber than the people who are in power simply by virtue of not being in power yourself, so you'd deserve to suffer.

The fucking SJW hicks in power deserve to die for fucking the world up and not killing off the groups of people that i hate