Iron Man Armored Adventures

Was the highschool setting silly or do you think it was a smart way of adapting bits of the older comics?

Attached: poster-780.jpg (780x1112, 117.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iFXvBFEZvoY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was based on a 90's comic book. I think Stark had a clone that was a kid, maybe that's what inspired bruce timm?

>full show apparently available on D+
>every single mega or torrent STILL uses potato-quality TV rips
WRYYYYYYY I DON'T WANNA PAY THE MOUSE FOR A DIGITAL RENTALLLL

HE'S A MAN ON A MISSION

IN ARMOR OF HIGH-TECH AMMUNITION

All this show and Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes shows me is how wasted some of the rogues gallery is both in comics and other external media.

Underwritten. For example, stormwatch and ultimates 'groundbreaking' storytelling was literally rip-off from 60's, 70's and 80's comic books. even when they wrote cheesy stuff, they didn't downplay the threat level. A guy who is a jobber on the 616 was a threat in their hands

TRAPPED ON THE EDGE OF AN ENDLESS GAME, HIS TEENAGE LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME

Attached: 220.jpg (1603x1259, 191.21K)

IN A DANGEROUS WORLD HE DOES ALL HE CAN

Where I'm at it's still on Netflix

HE'S IIIIIIIIIIIIROOOOONNNNN MAAAAAANNNNNN

Attached: 1643716239838.png (800x609, 410.85K)

This show fucking rocked and is the only sucessful example of a high school AU.

One thing I'll say it's a shame about is that Crimson Dynamo was more or less an OC in the show; granted all of the villains (characters period, really) had liberties taken with them, but c'mon, he was neither crimson nor had the powers of a dynamo lmao.
I actually think the comic story would be great to see adapted, with Vanko being blackmailed/threatened for his life by his country's military or military-adjacent group, not even valuing the Dynamo armor as anything other than a means to steal Iron Man's, only for Tony to be the one to see Vanko's ingenuity and give him both protection and a position at his company.
Yeah the story was still from back when the whole Red Scare thing was huge and it reeks of it, but I like that it had the nuance not to make Vanko a generic scumbag like, say, Iron Man 2 did - and honestly, like half of Iron Man's rogues gallery is related to corrupt American arms dealers/military groups anyway, so I think it balances out lol.

All that being said I liked the version in Armored Adventures from a character perspective too, just that they changed so much that maybe they woulda benefited from making him a completely original character - they could've done something totally unique with him and the suit, it had potential.

What about X-Men Evolution? I haven't seen it yet but I've seen lots of people praise it.

IIIIIII-ROOOOOOON, MAAAN...!

Attached: pepo-jam-pepe.gif (112x100, 39.6K)

>this show was ALSO apparently head-written by Chris Yost, the same Lead Writer on EMH and also a major writer on Wolverine & The X-Men
Fucking damn, wish he'd get to do another Marvel show some day, if they ever start making media that isn't part of the MCU again...

well now he writing tv shows like Coyboy bebop

That shit's the most bizarre to me - the guy also apparently had a hand in Thor Ragnarok and wrote the prison break Mandalorian episode (which I really liked), so, the guy *can* still make alright stuff. Obviously shows are more than just the lead guy, for all we know EMH/W&tXM/IM:AA etc. were good because of the rest of the crew working on them, but we can't really know without having been there.
Maybe there was some sort of creative interference in Bebop? Or at worst perhaps he was a fan of the show but just wasn't intimately familiar with it like he was with writing Marvel stories. I've no fucking clue, I honestly didn't follow any BtS stuff on the Netflix show at all and ignored it from the beginning.

someone still has to waste the time and energy re-ripping and reseeding/re-releasing this garbage, people would rather prioritize new shit or new remasters of rare shit. There were remasters of stuff on DC Universe that's not made its way to HBO Max (last I checked) like the Shazam live action that, AFAIK, no one ever grabbed when it was originally there - they were only doing the "new" comics (for those pirates), like a lot of Vertigo series, and the new shows like Swampie, DP, Titans, etc.

Bebop wanted to be different from the original, that was its downfall. Had it been it’s own original thing without the Bebop name weighing it down, it probably would have been better accepted. Whether that was Yost’s idea or not, he probably tried his best. I’m not watching the series to find out.

>"Oh hey, I didn't know the theme song was longer than the show intro-"
>it was performed by Big Time Rush
What the fuck?

youtu.be/iFXvBFEZvoY