If you're old enough to have watched it when it first aired or were lucky enough to not get spoiled by a subsequent...

If you're old enough to have watched it when it first aired or were lucky enough to not get spoiled by a subsequent episode, who did you think shot Mr. Burns?

Attached: can you.jpg (768x576, 74.33K)

I honestly thought it was Marge.

I watched it when it first aired, but can't recall who I thought it was. Hard to dig up that memory, I was only 7 or 8. I do remember talking about it with my brother and parents, but don't remember our guesses.

I think I had wagered on Bart or Lisa.

I'd bet on Smithers.

My mom taped the episode but some kid at school ruined it for me before I could watch it.

The cliffhanger was the talk of the elememtary school playground. Smart money was on Smithers. I remember one kid insisting it was Sideshow Bob.

I was betting a FUCK YOU last minute guest star or someone like Maude Flanders, a character they were going to do away it having the “they were sent to jail” to never have to address them again.

Smithers. I was dumb kid and I had no idea Smithers was gay, I thought he was just a comically good personal assistant. i didn’t realize that the real joke was that Mr. Burns was oblivious to Smithers’s obvious sexual attraction, so I thought that Mr. Burns treating Smithers like shit was supposed to be a big buildup to Smithers snapping one day and either killing Burns in a blind rage or staging some kind of coup.

>Smithers
See he was at the bottom of my list BECAUSE it would have been too obvious to go with him.

I remember Smithers being guessed

Tito Puente

Attached: 1178960.jpg (640x480, 32.4K)

Homer

I legit thought Moleman or Maggie, figured they'd go left-field

Smothers said he never misses that show and the screen at Moe's said it comes on at 3
His gun was missing so it wasn't anyone who had a weapon
He recognized them so it couldn't be homer
He came from the parking lot and the only people confirmed to be there were Maggie and Santa's little helper
Burns repeatedly mentioned stealing candy from babies

It was clearly Maggie from the start

In addition, I remember during the commercials right before and during the episode being hosted by John Walsh because it was a big murder mystery and he hosted America's Most Wanted which was also on Fox.

Attached: 1a4dca2f-c689-4d47-b853-5793f8c862b4-RENBrd_12-26-2015_RGJ_1_B006__2015_12_25_IMG_birthday_john_walsh_2_1_J6CVJH5C_L733759080_IMG_birthday_john_walsh_2_1_J6CVJH5C[1].jpg (2590x3900, 722.84K)

It clearly had to have been someone from the start. They had a contest over the summer to guess the killer (and other contrivances), so it's not like they could retool the story based on buzz. They were locked in.

Smithers, cliche as it was to think so.

I spent that whole summer telling people it was Santa's Little Helper, since he was the only cast member who could possibly kill Burns and not leave the cast. I was wrong, but I was in the right ballpark.

Attached: 1185216.jpg (640x480, 35.36K)

Dogs shooting people with guns is one of my biggest fears and I am so glad it doesn’t come up often.

How has The Simpsons gone THIRY-FIVE SEASONS and Who Shot Mr. Burns? is still the only two-parter?!?!?

I guessed he shot himself and it was all an elaborate keikaku 4d chess scheme

I did too. Only because she was the only one who was never a suspect. Maggie wasn't that shocking since she was on the list to begin with.

"But then you'd have to ignore the SImpson DNA evidence. And that would be downright nutty."

Yeah. Imagine ignoring Simpson DNA evidence found at the scene of a suspected murder back in the 90's.

That's bizarre, never knew that. I stopped watching around 2001-2003 like a lot of people, but I assumed they would've tried two-parters or even three-parters at some point in the last 20 years.

it's not, they did some stupid shit with reverend lovejoy that was a 2 parter, and a great gatsby spoof that was an hour long

They recently had another 2 parter with Ned Flanders called "A Serious Flanders." And there was also "The Great Phatsby" and "Warrin Priests."

The DNA thing didn't come up in part one. The murder hadn't been committed yet.

But yes, thank you for underlining the joke from the 138th spectacular.

I was about 12 or 13, nobody really knew or had strong feelings til the internet pointed out the W/S so then it was taken for granted that it was Smithers.

I expected some random new person.

I thought it was Smithers

Attached: finger on my butt.jpg (480x360, 24.02K)

I thought it was Marge. they showed the gun dug up that she buried, Burns pointed to W/S (which is M/S upside down), and that she positioned herself to be reacting to him being shot as an alibi. I figured they'd handwash it at the end of the episode since Burns was in love with Marge and she'd get away with it. I was relatively close, just never considered Maggie to be the M in M/S.

Don't mind me I'm just on my bullshit again.

I thought Maggie since the shooter had to be silent and it had to have been characterised as an accident. Santa's Little Helper was my second guess though I wondered how they would animate a dog shooting a gun. Honestly, I liked better.