Marvel and DC will pivot to making mostly slice of life webtoons and the occasional "shounen-like" superhero comic over...

Marvel and DC will pivot to making mostly slice of life webtoons and the occasional "shounen-like" superhero comic over the next 5 years

Attached: BatmanFamilyAdven_9x16_IG_Pinterest_copy.jpg (1400x1400, 237.5K)

Sauce: OP's ass

I’m shocked DC allowed a happy superhero family webcomic.

Considering they usually go out of their way to kill Superhero family dynamics.

That Alfred looks like he fucks.

Attached: Gimme some sugar.png (616x730, 619.98K)

>Considering they usually go out of their way to kill Superhero family dynamics.
Can you name some? They tend to work together.

Attached: The-Bat-Family-The-Joker-War.jpg (1041x1600, 534.47K)

>in young justice 2019 tim and steph are super in love
>in urban legends they break off off-screen for no reason so Tim can suck cocks
maybe not the best example but the first one that came to my head

>super in love
Far less believable than that Tim discovered the joys of men. Their relationship has always been bloodless.

Show me an Alfred that doesn't

he's probably talking about never ending soap opera drama in relationships, not psuedo families united under a banner. Stuff like dickbabs, arrowcanary, batcat, etc. constantly breaking up and getting back together and never really being allowed to progress as a couple. Very few heroes escape that bullshit

Attached: 1636820683550.jpg (1988x3057, 1.26M)

>"shounen-like" superhero comic over the next 5 years
other way around, secondary. Battle shonen is superhero-like

Can't forget DC's absolutely shabby treatment of established married couples like the Palmers and the Dibnys.
Around this time, Marvel got into it too with OMD/BND.

A DC higher up finally noticed all those Batfamily fancomics being popular with women and they decided to capitalize on it.

That's pretty much it, I can't say that I'm not surprised it took this long because both Marvel and DC are ran by people who are extremely out touch with what their fans want and they just want to circle jerk each other.

The really hilarious thing is that this kind of stuff is enjoyed by men too. A "real" comic probably can't get away with being constant family life unless that's the premise, but everyone enjoys characters having some nice down time where they get to have personalities. This is just a concentrated form.

Im fine with this.

this. Marvel and DC have spent years balancing their comics between the protags' double lives, but there isn't a demand to turn it into a long-running physical comic. putting it onto an online service provides the relatively niche pocket of people who'll tune into a downtime-only comic with that alternative.

And it's short and updates weekly, so it can function as something like a chaser for whatever garbage the official comics are serving up. I understand why it isn't, but I kind of wish it were a little closer to canon so it could do that job a little better.

lol why the fuck is Harley there

Bruce needed his penis serviced and catwoman was being a bitch

>Battle shonen is superhero-like
Nah, there's way too much fanservice in your average battle shonen for them to be anything like modern superhero stuff.

She's a hero now, chud.

You do know that superhero products have more fanservice.

Attached: 1635978168_Marvel-asks-for-caution-with-the-rumors-of-Spider-Man-No.jpg (1040x585, 140.7K)

That's not the kinda fanservice I'm talking about m8.

Are you that obsessed with tits that one thing having more of them makes it completely different in every aspect from something else?

The sexual kind? Aren't most anime females forgettable and hated? We just had a pointless coomer thread of black cat recent appearance.

Really all the actual "crime fighting" parts of superhero stories suck. These stories are more interesting for the character dynamics and personalities.