What was the last good season of South Park?

What was the last good season of South Park?

Attached: A59C036D-9B66-44E8-B01B-882857E0FBF5.jpg (736x720, 47.13K)

Except for HumanCentIpad, s15 was pretty good.

this thread again?

The ending of Season 18 was crap, but it had a bunch of solid episodes:
>Go Fund Yourself
>Gluten Free Ebola
>Handicar
>Grounded Vindaloop
>Cock Magic
I'd argue it was the last season that was more good than meh.

Well, let's see here. Season 19 is definitely the start of the really terrible seasons, what with the introduction of PC Principal and Garrisons campaign. That said, 20 is clearly much worse.

18 has terrible ones like Go Fund Yourself, Handicar, Grounded Vindaloop, Rehash and Happy Holograms. But the rest are kinda decent.

17 is pretty good. Let Go Let Gov, Goth Kids 3, Taming Strange and The Hobbit kinda suck but have good bits in them.

16 has Faith Hilling but that's kind of the only bad one. I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining does invoke the "Yeah, we get it already, it stopped being funny a while ago" feel but is still funny for a while.

15 doesn't have much to complain about. Fuck you, seeing Kyle suffer is always funny.

Okay thanks. I was planning on bringing the series again and I wanted a stopping point. I’ll stop at 18.

*binging

>The Hobbit kinda suck
That episode was hilarious the fuck you talking about

I would say the attempts to have a serialised storyline were the downfall of the show. When the show didn't give a fuck about continuity and we weren't meant to either, then it doesn't matter that the plots are just some bullshit they came up with in a day and then spend five days animating.

Who cares if Kyle calls bullshit on the idea of psychic powers in one episode after already knowing the person claiming to have them has been experimented upon by aliens and shit, then being completely uncritical about the idea of a whale psychically communicating with him? As far as that episode was concerned, the previous episodes may not have happened and the future episodes weren't considered. If there is no canon, it doesn't matter. Granted, if direct sequel episodes are in contradiction, that may still be a problem but it won't happen as much.

But if you have a serialised story, that requires canon and it's way harder to keep it all straight. Toriyama can do that shit because most of his comics just have a plot to give the characters an excuse to fight. South Park kind of requires a bit more complex plots. And you just make it up week by week, you get shit like forgetting that the Member Berries had a plan that was never brought up again.

The zeroth

Chill out user. It's just a catoon.

I'll ask you one better, what's the best South Park season?

Last season. You people are so dramatic about this show. It's at the very least still "good."

>Simply explains why the newer episodes could be worse
>"Dude, chill"
Uh, what?

your least favorite one.

the show isn’t like the simpsons where it had a definitive dropping off point, it usually bounces back from bad seasons. obviously s20 was bad, but s21 and s23 were good.

>02x01: deliberate "fuck you" to the audience (personally I think the bait-and-switch itself is hilarious)
>03x04: deliberate "fuck you" to Star Wars fans
>04x14: it's a Pip episode
>05x05: it's a Terrance and Phillip episode
>10x05: it's a Towlie episode
>12x02: it's a widely unpopular celebrity episode
>13x04: it's a Terrance and Phillip episode
>14x07: it's a Jimmy episode
>15x02: it's a Jimmy episode
>15x03: it's a Terrance and Phillip episode (well okay, it's not, but it might as well be)
And it all goes to shit from there.

Attached: south-park-imdb-scores.png (1400x800, 276.21K)

It’s funny because s2e1 is Matt and Trey’s favorite episode

Season 13 is a pretty good cutoff point. After that they relied heavily on Randy as a fan favorite character and really pushed it once the episode medicinal fried chicken came out. The episodes have been increasingly hit and miss after.

Attached: 819236498712.jpg (963x481, 45.49K)

>the top rated episodes have pop media references

MUST
CONSOOM

/thread
Should’ve ended with the landslide scene

season 15 maybe

Season 18-20 are unwatchable what are you talking about