Anybody else rather would have gotten a classic and traditional fantasy series instead of yet another postmodern...

Anybody else rather would have gotten a classic and traditional fantasy series instead of yet another postmodern, deconstructions full of degeneracy?

Attached: true fantasy.png (2201x1056, 1.73M)

Is that Vox Machina? Because then wasn't the source like that from the start? I could understand if it were like, CV where the source was more of a traditional heroic fantasy story but here there was al never any choice

>Anybody else rather would have gotten a classic and traditional fantasy series
The entire fantasy genre is just a whole bunch of authors ripping off J.R.R. Tolkien and never being as good as LOTR, we have enough of those already

Yes, because a genuine fantasy adventure would objectively be better than 90% of what we get today.
The original D&D cartoon, Conan the Adventurer cartoon, and to a smaller extent the Visionaries cartoon are by and large the best Adventure/Fantasy cartoons I've seen in a long time.

Attached: there's a wizard in my house.jpg (681x987, 168.72K)

creating something new takes talent and effort, deconstruction/post modernism requires none.

Look, I'm just tired of the shitty deconstructions I'd take cringefests that take themselves too seriously anyday.

The setting is totally irrelevant anyway, all these shows are focused on interpersonal drama and muh feelings.

It's an adaptation of a Dungeons & Dragons tabletop campaign, I'm not sure how it could've been otherwise without heavily changing it
which would defeat the point

I liked it, but then again I'm not a fa/tg/uy so I don't really care if they butcher D&D or some shit.

>fantasy game
>bestiary
>capybara, rabbit, dracula, op mom
>descriptions
>monty python jokes

op is a fag

i want a grounded fantasy, but not, shit piss swearing sex and blood "grounded" but just reasonable, whithout retarded inpractical clothes, weapons and armour that could not be produced, manerisms and morals that could not have been present in medieval society, and with magic that would be something actually obscure and not just learnable superpower from capeshit comics.

normies are shit eaters and most writers were granted their positions by nepotism or/and ass licking and can't write to save their lives.

The reason that art of old is better is because it was produced by true talents for refined audience or even just themselves

only way we can have something good is to put aside retarded capitalist system of production(not abolish cpitalism, lefties go fuck yourselves, jusr saying art goes first, and money is a bonus)

I just an original fantasy show with all the standard races on the team plus guns (but not steampunk or urban fantasy, like 16th-17th century, 18th-early 19th at the latest). Is that too much to ask?

The name of the game is subversion, normies don't care about genuine entries to established conventions and genres, they want to see something new and gimmicky at any cost, which means endless cynical deconstructions, parodies, subversions etc even if none of them have actually seen or read any of the material the new work is experimenting with. They're "bored" of things they never even experienced genuinely in the first place.

It’s an adaptation of their DnD game, in which they constantly joke around and goof off, but still get serious when shit gets real. There’s no way this show could’ve been anything else.

unfortunately most games don't make for good tv

League of Legends was the last game I thought would get a quality adaptation yet here we are

Dragon ass

Attached: C3D166D6-8816-4552-995C-673F8752293E.png (1478x1080, 2.12M)

4 men 1 woman. That group would have been extremely boring.

Sorry m8, if you're looking for fantasy without constant dick jokes and stupidity disguised as subversion your only option is to look east or look back.

I meant games such as actual game sessions due to player shenanigans and general lack of rp ability.
Sorry for the confusion.
Though on the topic of Arcane, the creators of that actually know how to write a story, adapt a setting, and put the work in to make sure it was faithful to the original work while still making the adjustments necessary to tell the story it wants.

It’s really an adaptation of their own story in their own setting. I don’t think the animated show has much to do with DnD.

Stuff like this in the first episodes makes me hopeful for naked Vex in the future. Hopefully they don’t cuck out like so many live action actors in tv shows that show nudity in the first season and then never again.