Why would the spider bite make Peters vision perfect? Spiders don’t have good vision...

Why would the spider bite make Peters vision perfect? Spiders don’t have good vision. They have notoriously bad eyesight. Hence why they have so many eyes to have a wider range and to compensate for it.

Attached: 75A5E53A-8298-4103-8B7C-19AB543C5AAD.jpg (2220x1080, 655.17K)

Yeah honestly why did Lee and Ditko have Peter keep his glasses for a bit and then permanently destroy them after less than 10 issues and never bought them up again?

Because it’s short hand for nerd

Who fills the bat mobile up with gas

That is not a comparable question. The Batmobile needs fuel. Spiders also need glasses.

The spider he was bit by was a genetically modified super spider, right? That might explain it. Not all spiders have poor eyesight, some can actually see pretty well. If you somehow created a spider that possessed the best traits of every species of spider and then that spider was able to pass those traits onto Peter, then that would explain his shit like his super strength, super agility and enhanced eyesight.

Cope.

No. I demand tiny spider-glasses and cute spider-nerds.

No. The spider was just radioactive

It was only a genetically modified super spider in the ultimate universe and movies

Original and main marvel canon is he went to a science exhibit, and a normal spider was lowering itself down on a web, got hit by radiation from an experiment, and fell onto Peter. Who it but in pain and confusion before dying of radiation

The spider in the Raimi film was genetically enhanced and modified. The spider in the comics was retconned into being magic or something.

You talking specifically about the movie or in general?

I thought we were specifically talking about the movie though.

What was the purpose of making “super spiders” in the Raimi movie anyway?

In the ultimate comics Osborn was trying to make super soldier serum with it, but he obviously wasn’t trying to use the spiders for that in the movie. He has a whole different experiment for that. I can’t even remember if it was oscorp making the spiders in the raimi movie or somewhere else

>character gets an animal-themed power
>they get the benefits, but also the disadvantages that make them worse than humans in certain ways
It would be a lot more interesting rather than inexplicably getting all of the good but none of the bad, something to make getting superpowers almost as much of a curse as a boon, and something for the character to work around by using their powers or certain tools in an attempt to compensate.

Because it might eventually lead to research that's of actual benefit to humanity. If you can create a super spider with the best traits of all spiders, then you could conceivably create a super human. All humans could potentially be the apex of the species. The possibilities are endless. No one would have crippling genetic defects, you could potentially cull cancer, everyone's immune systems could be as strong as they could possibly be. No more asthma, no more sickle cell, no more Jew noses.

I think it was just a genetic splicing demo.

when i read that run i was kinda shocked at how unceremonious that was

net casting spiders are supposed to have great vision though

Attached: 45928220265_72616b994c_b.jpg (1024x871, 171.68K)

Alfred. How is this a question?

Worries that his 616 origin would take audiences out of the moment because it's so weird.
Just think about it, they're doing experiments with Radioactive Isotopes, in the middle of NYC, in a room full of students, everyone involved is completely unshielded.

For a spider.

All insects have shit eyesight by virtue of size. Only so much light can get caught by their eyes because their eyes can only be so big.

You stupid fuck peter has multiple eyes inside his eye. His jaw is also split but you can't tell because of the skin and tissue covering it and restraining it.

So why can't Peter have great eyesight for a human?

That's the point. Peter gets that strength and speed and precision relative to a spider's scaled up to a human.