Realistically, how much would the whole Atlantis expedition have cost?

Realistically, how much would the whole Atlantis expedition have cost?

Attached: E4B4EBA7-B6DA-4BB0-B68D-0B9C748BF634.jpg (1024x768, 73.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YygQ0Wq0wDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

about tree fiddy

Realistically there'd be no conceivable construction of a vessel like that in the 1910s

Billions in development alone, billions more making one that actually works

whatever's the price of a sumarine right now times 3

It would cost more than the entire debt accumulated from World War 1.

That thing is more advanced than modern subs.

Trillions

to save Quadrillions.

John D Rockefellar was worth 400 billion if adhusted for inflation. That's 400 BILLION. It's not that crazy to assume some rich asshole in the early 1900s had the funds for it.

>It would cost more than the entire debt accumulated from World War 1.

And still, it would have been a more constructive use of that money than the pointless bloodbath that was the Great War

youtube.com/watch?v=YygQ0Wq0wDA

And the submarine from Atlantis is basically a diesel punk space ship stuck underwater, with a whole squadron of smaller underwater space ships carried onboard. The cost would be massive.

Attached: Ulysses_4.jpg (1920x816, 364.13K)

>Billions lost
>Countless crew members dead
>The ending is just "We found some fish :)" to the guy who funded the whole thing
Imagine losing a sizable chunk of your fortune, being partially responsible for the deaths for more than a hundred lives, and getting jack shit for it.

Attached: 1597785320798.jpg (600x389, 35.65K)

Attached: dead02.jpg (1920x816, 135.72K)

God like, $12 billion minimum. You do all this shit in secret which just raises the price by necessity of having a private Manhattan project style of approach for something this outrageous.

I base my guess entirely by random.

WW1 was extremely important in securing the future for a united Europe.

he got an immortality pendant too, didnt he?
that's more than enough payment imo

Damn I forgot since it's been years since I watched the movie but that's still some Full Metal Alchemist shit with the body count and all .

What's basically a carrier submarine with a tonnage close to a battleship?

fairly certain there's no way to keep one of those on a sub motor system. But it can be done. Expensive, newsbreaking by sheer size, yes, but it by 1920s it can be costed.

A wait that's like twice the tonnage of a modern carrier

The crew told Whitmore everything, they were just practicing their cover story for the public once they went back to civilization. He got not only an immortality pendant, but also got concrete proof that atlantis actually existed (which was the point of it all, as far as he was concerned), and in a way he got to see his best friend's kid find his place in the world.

Attached: 1489287001155.jpg (2000x1135, 1.47M)

Whitmore didn't give a shit about the money, he wanted his lover old friend to be vindicated, and that's exactly what he got
It's the families of the dead that you'd have to placate

The immortality was only conferred by the Great Crystal I'm pretty sure, I think the smaller pendants only channeled its power and I doubt it'd work on the surface

If this takes place in an alternate reality 1920s where magic diesel powered art deco city-sized submarines exist (not to mention Atlantis itself), there's no reason not to assume the resources and engineering processes behind it are common and standardized to the point where it can be funded and organized in a short amount of time by a mix of private backing and military aid.

Is that concept art? That Leviathan is creepy as hell.