Remember the time Seth MacFarlane wanted to reboot The Flintstones for modern-day Fox...

Remember the time Seth MacFarlane wanted to reboot The Flintstones for modern-day Fox, and he couldn't figure out what differentiated Peter Griffin and Fred? What exactly was he planning to get out of this and why would he want to do that?

Attached: Flintstones_2013.jpg (1300x642, 206.72K)

Honestly, i don't think he understood Fred Flintstone as a character. Fred is Just the grumpy everyman character who winds up in everyone else's shenanigans.

Seth is a mongoloid what's new

Fred is not exactly 'normal', although he's more normal than Homer (retard) or Peter (sociopath and retard).
Fred is if anything the 'too clever for his own good but nowhere as clever as he thinks he is' type, a 'get rich quick' kind of schemer.
Just like so many other Hanna Barbera types (Top Cat, Yogi Bear) he was a conman in spirit trying to get by under a socially mandated 'normal life' and tolerating it until he could fulfill his dream of hitting it big an easy way.

Those eyes are terrible.

Was Dino gonna be cynical and atheistic too?

>he couldn't figure out what differentiated Peter Griffin and Fred?
That's not what happened. Seth wanted the reboot to be close in tone to the original, but the network insisted it be Family Guy in the stone age. So he walked away.

>Shut up Pebbles

I heard this almost happened because Fox was considering axing The Simpsons over paycheck problems and the fact The Simpsons didn't is why this never happened.
Any truth to this?

>Honestly, i don't think he understood Fred Flintstone as a character. Fred is Just the grumpy everyman character who winds up in everyone else's shenanigans.

Fred is just Jim from the Office

That isnt true, the story is fox wanted him to make it family guy tier crass and he refused

And yet there you are

This wouldn't surprise me.
Not related, but was I the only person that thinks network executives screwed up "Dads"?

First appearance Dino was actually a talkative asshole.

Attached: 8J3fO-1570124386-2734-blog-dino_talking_snorkasaurus.jpg (1200x628, 134.28K)

How did you get the source, anyway?

>he couldn't figure out what differentiated Peter Griffin and Fred?

Attached: niggers.jpg (497x557, 29.17K)

The only stuff we know about the reboot is from a Reddit AMA. I think its time for another one.

Remember the time DC made the best Flintstones media of all time and it had an asian Betty I want to slam my dick into

Attached: file.png (1729x617, 1.67M)

for some reason i thought she was asian as a kid

Bro you wanna slam your dick into everything

It's funny how the eyes bring down the entire pic

Attached: EwQkQrYUUAQMUhQ.jpg (1298x640, 168.32K)

i wouldn't mind seeing those comics be adapted into animation, especially to hear the we commited genocide line voiced.

People have selective memory and care only about whatever it is that matches their preconceptions. Seth MacFarlane turning down the Flintstones because he didn't think he could properly handle them is, hilariously, what people would had said they wanted to happen if he had taken the show, no matter the result, but now that he did it you get threads like this too.

Evil is not the worst aspect of society, stupidity on the other hand, it's the culmination of everything bad about humans.

hbomax