Here's your Critical Role D&D cartoon aka”anime”

here's your Critical Role D&D cartoon aka”anime”

Attached: F96A7EA6-CC02-41AE-BEED-082DB5921C46.jpg (508x288, 33.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/gaming/news/dungeons-dragons-television-show-drizzt-chris-pine/#:~:text=The upcoming Dungeons & Dragons live,Salvatore.
youtube.com/watch?v=2sbuuWeOUoM&ab_channel=EddieSharam
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i already hated critical role

now i gotta see it in the shitty invincible/dc style?

comicbook.com/gaming/news/dungeons-dragons-television-show-drizzt-chris-pine/#:~:text=The upcoming Dungeons & Dragons live,Salvatore.

it ain't even started yet

Critical Role is pure shit that coasts by entirely on the fact that it's played by C-list celebrities. We should've gotten an actual D&D cartoon instead of trash to wank off these pieces of literal human shit.

I don't know why, but every instinct in my body tells me to avoid Critical Role. There's something about it that screams insincere. Never even seen an episode, but that's the impression I have.

Would've been nice to get an Icewind Dale Trilogy adaptation. Drizzt, Bruenor, Wulfgar, Catti-brie, Artemis, even in this DC style that would've been badass. Man, what a waste of resources to not have that made.

I've never read anything related to Icewind Dale purely because I think Drizzt's name sounds fucking retarded.

It's cos the whole point of dnd is to chill with your friends and make up a story as things go along. Once the money started rolling in, they had to create structure and plot. They hired writers, and have teams of people. It's a company that works the cameras, the stream, provides makeup, does the marketing. And suddenly the improv element is almost gone. Cast members have to play roles. Audiences get compeltely FURIOUS when some players aren't doing things the right way. Every time it looks like a character might die or get harmed due to unfortunate rolls of the dice, the DM scrambles to fold reality and destroy space-time just to prevent the unexpected deviation from the pre-written plot.

You Russian by any chance?
But agreed, R. A. Salvatore has trouble with names. You have another drow character named Jarlaxl show up. And I'm not 100% sure, but I think he was the one who named the capitol Drow city Menzoberanzan.
And Drizzt's full name is actually Drizzt Daermon N'a'shezbaernon.

Icewind Dale would have been decent as an animated series

Attached: crystalshard.jpg (1022x1600, 310.9K)

I'm not, I just think it looks like something that you'd name some little, comic relief gremlin thing. Applying it to a non-comedic character makes it hard for me to take such a character as though they're actually meant to be serious.

You're fucking shitting me. It sounds like a talk show but with some D&D frippery added to it. No wonder I heard that some people are upset their games or their DMs aren't like the ones in Critical Role. That show would give everyone the wrong impression.
TTRPGs are about loud, obnoxious nerds having a good time with stats, character sheets and junkfood. Not a fucking televized storybook hour.
Streamed D&D was the worst idea ever.

Drizzt did start out as a sidekick to a blonde barbarian named Wulfgar if it makes you feel better. But readers liked Drizzt so much that he became the protagonist.
It's been a while since I read the ID trilogy, but from what I remember Drizzt's a pretty cool guy. He does get whiny moments here and there, bemoaning his lot in life, but unlike his clones he doesn't do it to the point of wearing out his welcome, IIRC.
Give the comic adaptations a chance if nothing else. The Dark Elf Trilogy (Homeland, Exile, Sojourn) are the prequels to the Icewind Dale Trilogy (Crystal Shard, Streams of Silver, Halfling's Gem).

"This isn't like CR!" is a pretty common complaint from new players at open games these days.
Which is a big part of why most people tend to only play with friends, open games always wind up with players having totally mismatched styles and expectations and usually one absolute mega-creep.

>Wulfgar
>yfw side mentor figure is so popular that kicks the MC out of the story
Fucking kek, gets me every time I see something related to Icewind Dale

Attached: 643b118b14a80a.jpg (350x293, 33.28K)

We need to start gatekeeping more, holy shit. I got one player who seemingly picks classes and races based on how cool and fanciful they are, not based on knowledge of the class/race's abilities.

looks like their already at something, or at least someone it

youtube.com/watch?v=2sbuuWeOUoM&ab_channel=EddieSharam

Even worse, the side character mentor kicked the MC down to sidekick status. Imagine if Batman became subservient to Robin. Fucking 10/10.

That looks like a fanfilm. Decent looking for what it is, but I'd want something official and professionally done.

>kicked the MC down to sidekick status.
...and also stole his bride.
Damn, Wulfgar is probably the most unlucky protagonist

It has always been thus. (34 yr DM here) Critical Role is a reality show about DnD.
Surely there's no one still expecting reality from reality programming???