Is the latinx fad finally over?

Is the latinx fad finally over?

Attached: 1643408955567.jpg (1361x727, 579.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/encanto-became-word-of-mouth-hit-disney-plus-after-theaters-2022-1
youtube.com/watch?v=0fyGSh74sRA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>latinx
Please do commit suicide.

It is latin@

mexikings we kneel

No. And neither is COVID.

Im just waiting to see how they run out of presentable latinamerican countries and begin inventing made up shit. Try to make a cool fantasy movie out of nicaragua disney i dare you

Disney is anticommunist, they would not try to make Nicaragua look good,

>latinx
Kill yourself, gringo.

How about cuba? I think they're halfway there because you KNOW there's a market

Never, has to be like Russia that stoped being communist, only after that, Disney did that crap called Anastasia

Nope, Disney isn't going to stop because the US demographic is becoming more heavily latino in origin. That's why a lot of new stuff is being created in a Latin American setting and why legacy latin characters are being more frequently used

But Latinx is the official and correct terminology what the fuck is the problem?

You have to use the @ symbol instead.

I swear nickelodeon rushed that Dora the Explorer movie into production after they saw what disney was doing and went QUICK, DO WE HAVE ANY BROWN CHARACTERS???

If I had to guess, either Brazil or Peru would be next in Disney's gun sight. Rio was not a Disney production and the emperors new grove is over 20 years old, so it is basically forgotten by most younger zoomers and gen Alphas, so I would imagine they would be the freshest pick for LAM countries.

Attached: 1623373783307.gif (500x500, 835.81K)

It's latino or latina, "latinx" makes no fucking sense, latino can be used as the gender neutral term and that's how it worked until you gringo bitches made this shit up.
Now proceed to kill yourself, whitoid.

How is Latinx pronounced?
Lat Inks? Latin-X?
Also, isn't a bunch of yuppie white people deciding a group's identity for them based on those cracker's values kinda... what those yuppies swear they're not about?

>Latinx is the official and correct terminology
By white people and not actual Latin community

I guess you could get away with a chile or argentina movie after that. Maybe under some sub label and made by the animation C team, but still.

>Latinx is the official and correct terminolog
Where is that written? Do tell me.

Chile and Argentina are boring.

I'm not saying they would be GREAT movies, but i think Disney would be comfortable doing that in coming years. Chile has that islands and andes mountains setting and argentina has a little bit of everything, you could squeeze something interesting out of it.

Argentina has at least tango, soccer, and mate

Literally every Latin American person I have ever heard give an opinion on the matter says that it's fucking stupid. Spanish is an inherently gendered language, there is no such thing as neutral.

I just think their recent history would be a bit of a turn off to The Mouse, but I do think that they would make excellent settings for a new Indiana Jones film,, ya know with Argentina and their hidden Nazi treasure rooms, or chile and their free one way helicopter tours.

Attached: 1643084446294.jpg (520x326, 16.01K)

>But Latinx is the official and correct terminology
Fucking where nigga?

You're right. An Argentina-based movie about tango and compadritos. Chile has... Idk what Chile has lmao

You'd hope so.

Go kill yourself too

I also I think Chile is a beautiful country and I really wanna visit the patagonia region.

Attached: 3d5d9d4f5cb59755db3da1ca827b3430f61c887d.png (487x630, 516.85K)

I think argentina might be too edgy a setting. Most movies I've seen taking place in argentina are crime films, movies about the war, the dictatorships, the nazis... also I don't think there's too big an argentine-american market there to justify it. Could use uruguay...

That was Dreamworks.

>patagonia region.
Argentina's side of the Patagonia is better.

The Patagonian fjords, Volcanoes, and a native population in conflict with the government, but that last part is true for most countries in all the Americas.

Attached: chile-argentina-patagonia-torres-del-paine-national-park-10.jpg (2500x1668, 1.34M)

Yea, most LatAm countries have natural resources but I meant CULTURE. Chile's culture is nowhere near as iconic as other LatAm countries'.

I believe Argentina is like the second most important market in LATAM after Mexico

>But Latinx is the official and correct terminology what the fuck is the problem?

This is your brain on neoliberalism.

>argentina has a little bit of everything
like Nazi immigrants?

>In the end, "Encanto" earned $228 million globally and $93 million in the US against a $50 million budget.

businessinsider.com/encanto-became-word-of-mouth-hit-disney-plus-after-theaters-2022-1

>argentina

Evita animated version. No llores por mi Argentina sung by Zendaya

Yeah, ehich ties to that whole "lost ruins of european culture still standing" aesthetic. Buenos aires looks like an alternative war torn berlin in some areas.

I hope so.

If you keep replying to bait they will keep posting it.

Attached: 1399766992161.jpg (201x219, 13.85K)

>Latinx
I don't know if you're insufferably woke or trying to troll Latinos.

To answer your question, it might be because Colombia is considered less relevant than Mexico.

I'm pretty sure the last time someone from the Global North cared what happened in Colombia was when Pablo Escobar died.

Why are latinx so fragile?

During Coco's production they sent their team to Mexico to immerse themselves in the culture and shit. The movie had a ton of ties to Mexican cultures (both Indigenous and settler cultures) and was even more well received by Mexican audiences than others. Encanto on the other hand didn't do that shit and their movie was really just a weird cape movie vaguely set in Colombia with pretty much no explicit ties to Colombian cultures (Indigenous or otherwise).

I'm honestly surprised Encanto did that well at all. I think only shippers really liked it which is gross considering the entire cast are family.

Attached: comcis - greg land - hngg.jpg (555x375, 66.83K)

>I'm honestly surprised Encanto did that well at all.
Colombians are always portrayed as drug dealers and violent savages,
Encanto was an imprvement

Latinx is used but latine is used more. It is kind of a newer thing, the way that the emphasis on pronouns is a newer thing in the US. All the buttblasted replies you're getting are from expats who have been living in the US for decades if not generations.

The songs are really good dude.

>OP ignores pandemic

I prefer spartanx.

Attached: Spartanx.jpg (1280x720, 90.3K)

>But Latinx is the official and correct terminology

No, it's not. It's a dying word going the way of "groovy".

I mean sure, people like Disney movies for their songs. However Coco had a much much broader appeal.

That's a low bar.

>If I had to guess, either Brazil or Peru would be next in Disney's gun sight.

Already did Peru.

Attached: 51EY0BeyGfL.jpg (356x500, 42.27K)

I mean, they literally had the movie in Columbia be about people who were hiding in an enchanted valley from machete-wielding horsemen. Presentability isn't a very meaningful metric when they can just stage the story however they want.

Latino is gender neutral.

>a minority group is a fad

How to tell others you are racist without saying you're a racist.

How are Latin Americans in Latin America a minority group?

Neither of you are correct.

Attached: fox.jpg (1280x720, 87.62K)

No it's not. I think what you're saying is that gendered language doesn't always imply a thing has a specified gender. Like how we may say "la gente" or "el publo" when referring to the same group and to us it doesn't carry any gendered connotations, it's just how the language flows.
That said, only a dumb non-native speaker would refer to a woman as a Latino.

My point still stands american media are not gonna portray communist countries in good mode

Think of how badly America cucks and dominates the rest of the Anglosphere. That's Mexico to the rest of Latin America

That's cause most of Latin America are either based communists or settlers with no culture to export.

The pandemic's been over for a year.

Attached: latinx gilf.jpg (296x489, 84.39K)

>latinx

broke

>italianx

woke

this
Brazil specifically
maybe indonesia or the philippines or central asia

I just want Disney to do cute white Princesses again. It’s all they’re good at.

when are they going to make a movie about white latinos(argies)?

I don't think it ever really took off.

I am surprised FROZEN was given a pass

heh

it is called Nordix not white

It's pronounced like latin-eh, it's not really a white thing so much as a gay zoomer thing. If you knew hispanic gay zoomers, you might encounter a few that use the term but admittedly it's not turbo popular.

Disney should make an animated movie about American culture. They can have an obese princess living in an enchanted trailer, and a talking hamburger and Big Gulp as her companions.

The latinx trend is here to stay
And think mexican god

Attached: 1642205681802.gif (478x480, 2.1M)

I mean you're welcome for creating a non-offensive, gender-neutral term to describe yourself freely so that latinx people would no longer have to be upheld to the masculine cultural norms dominated by cishet male society.

true but asian population is growing even faster than us

>Disney did that crap called Anastasia
is a good movie.

>Already did Peru.
never heard of it, so it doesn't exist.

>hispanic pandering cartoon movie
>characters are poor as dirt and live in some shithole town in the middle of nowhere
>they're somehow happy

Why do they keep doing this?

>Why do they keep doing this?
too realistic?

as a child I thought rasputin really killed the romanovs
quite the trick they pulled there

If this is a larp then it's sad. If it's not a larp then it's extremely fucking sad.

No no no it's all part of the master plan.

He certainly did escalate their removal from power, and subsequently, their deaths.

inconsequential the reason mainly
was that the brits were even willing to prop
up japan to fuck up russia for good

karmic justice that they lost their empire

Damn nigga she ugly also next movie will be about the dominican republic mark my words anons.

its called fantasy you incel

How was Encanto received in Colombia anyway?

>Coco Film about Mexican traditions
>Encanto Film about Generic Latino country the only reason you know it's Colombia is because the kids were drinking coffee at the beginning.
Everything from the clothing to the dances to the style is Generic Latam in the 1800s or early 1900s.

>Also, isn't a bunch of yuppie white people deciding a group's identity for them based on those cracker's values kinda... what those yuppies swear they're not about?
Yes.

Buenos Aires is a fucking mess aesthetically because they just made whatever anywhere whenever they feel like it.

To be fair that's owned by Disney now.

Pretty sure there are three times as many Mexicans in the world if you count both sides of the border than there are Colombians in the world.

Hot take: people only watch these movies because it says disney and most people still don't even know who pixar are

Oh yeah mexicans aren't a minority in california, cool trivia huh?

Dude, you gotta watch emperor's new groove. That shit's funny as fuck.

Oh I know there were plenty of other reasons why they got removed.
I was just saying that them having a crazy hobo live with them because they thought he had magical powers certainly didn't help their situation, with winning the people's favor.

>one about based culture
>one about donkey fuckers
Jajajaja i wonder why no one cared.

pretty much

>pronounced
It's not, because it's a made up bullshit term invented solely for cloutchasing, by slacktivists that don't actually speak spanish. They're pushing it while pretending they're "helping" people that don't want said "help".

It's yet another case of Mario with a Sombrero.

Wtf? The Encanto crew went to Colombia too.

>The rest of Latam has no culture
Get your American brain looked at

youtube.com/watch?v=0fyGSh74sRA
Bro...

UGLY

They clearly didn't do a good job.

Coco:
>Plot revolves around Mexican religious beliefs and traditions.
>Has a complex plot and entire world based on said religious beliefs.
>Distinct cultural like Alebrijes are explicitly referenced.
>Characters all reference Mexican culture in some way.

Encanto:
>Story takes place in a magic house.
>Plot revolves around some candle.
>Characters are superhero archetypes.
>Takes place somewhere in Colombia allegedly.

Perufag here. There are way more Colombia culture references in the movie
>Felix wearing a Liqui Liqui suit in the day of his wedding
>Inspired by the most known colombian novel in the world
>Colombia flags painted over some sort of carnival stand in the beggining of the movie.
>Malumal lol
>Amazonian fauna like toucans and capibaras
I hated that the only food the Madrigales eat are fucking arepas though. Any good colombian dishes, anons?

Attached: YMEX6J74P5ERJDRWOLC4WDNIWU.jpg (600x816, 144.92K)

Encanto is a loose adaptation of 100 Years of Solitude, it's not "about colombian tradition" per se but uses it as inspiration for the setting and aestetic; while I haven't been to the country myself the artbook does give quite a lot of insight on where they based the clothes & architecture from.

Besides, it's a really strange thing to criticize a film over. The plot revolving aroung a national tradition & folklore shouldn't be the only reason to have a story take place in an unconventional setting; The Emperor's New Groove has NO REASON to be set in Ancient Peru, but by God is the movie more memorable for it

I would rather be called a Despacito-talker than a Latinx.

Attached: angry_rat.png (837x716, 883.03K)