Nothing matters because the sun is gonna explote in 15 billon years

>Nothing matters because the sun is gonna explote in 15 billon years
Do anyone really think like this ?

Attached: IMG_20220129_165028.jpg (1080x1118, 189.37K)

*5 billion years. And Sun's aging will make the oceans boil in 1 billion years. But I don't really care.

Depressed people do.

Wow, we've been speedrunning, then...

he sounded like Mike from RLM

Yeah, I know, right?

No because unless a radioactive meteor gives me immortality I am not going to be around to see it.

It's really gonna take 5 billon years or it's just the speculation?

Comics and cartoons?

eunuchs and atheists

It's a calculated speculation based on observations and known laws of physics. Our Sun, a population I G2-class main-sequence yellow dwarf, is about 4.6 billion years old, and has about 5 billion years left before it runs out of hydrogen to fuse and resorts to heavier elements, causing it to expand, eventually engulfing Mercury, Venus, and potentially Earth. Then Sun will shed it's outer layers, forming a nebula with its hyper-dense iron core, a white dwarf, in the center.

>dude two movies will end so that means they’re exactly the same.

Do nihilists really?

Attached: 658D3078-2CB0-4A1A-A4B4-037710E8E62C.jpg (413x429, 60.26K)

>the sun is gonna explote
no if the lions attack at night

the sun's actually pretty small compared to other stars, 5 billion years is on the long side, assuming nothing goes wrong

That's not a nihilist retard. The guy's depressed. Family leaves him, his dog dies. A normie can only take so much tragedy in one sitting before their brain cracks. It's why he can't pull himself together until he finds a new purpose in life by exterminating lower life forms.

Most nihilists I’ve found, outside of very niche positions in academia, are just depressed.

>tfw you find out about helium being depleted

Attached: file.png (374x369, 168.08K)

No. It's very clear that Zack has never been depressed or ever faced any real difficulties in life. I mean he makes all his money just chatting with his friends and playing video games so this is not surprising.

And they aren't nihilists, but the word has all but lost it's meaning now anyways
And thanks to the same show chances are you'll never be able to have any sort of conversation on it again without someone shoving the clip into there.

helium running out is a good thing actually

Not really correct. Most stars are red dwarves, they are much smaller than our Sun but live so long that not a single one died so far, and won't for a very long time. Bigger stars are even rarer that the yellow dwarves, live less, and tend to leave behind neutron stars, magnetars, and black holes.

Attached: 10-the-floor-is-a-magnetar-with-10-tesla-field-24867066.png (500x626, 170.59K)

>depressed about this shithole going down
Cringe

But party balloons.

thats because it is Mike from red letter media

In what way is running out of a non-renewable resource good?

holy cope and projection batman

Aw did the baby get upset when the show made fun of you

Its a simple fact. They show didn't really attempt to which is fine. But nobody who kills themselves is worried about the sun exploding.

yeah uh well you only feel like that because it was personally insulting to you. I know that because I just do.

>A nonrenewable resource crucial to cooling the LHC, medical equipment, arc welders, and fiber optics is running out
>That's a good thing.
Trying to pull this shit on Any Forums isn't the best way to start a Helium-depletion controversy.

No its good

Second coming is going to happen way before then

Yeah, I really don't even worry about black holes or the sun exploding. Mankind hasn't died out for a reason.

The second coming could happen later today. i hope you guys are ready

People who think like this are the worst type of nihilists. Who cares what the Earth will be like in 15 billion years? That doesn't concern you nor I. Neither we or our children will be here to see the sun engulf this planet. Humanity probably won't make it this far and, again, who cares? We're just a speck in the infinity of the universe, yeah, and so is any of stars that dwarfs us a billion times. Just because our very existence is insignificant in the big scheme of thing doesn't mean our lives have to be. Life might be an accident, but it's also what you make of it. That's why we should make the most of what it has to offer and stop looking at things on such a large scope. Because that shit is not worth it.

Attached: skelehadenough.png (512x393, 294.9K)

You need supporting evidence user. Even Exxon had its scientists publish false data. You just saying "it's good" over and over isn't enough.

I was pretty bummed about it as a kid since i assumed that Sun, Moon, stars and other stuff will always be there
Instead i learned that literally everything will some day die one way or the other

Attached: mfwnocheese.gif (336x256, 400.93K)

It's pretty much just speculation and there's no actual way to no for sure. It's a guess based on the known laws of physics and observing the patterns of other stars. It doesn't factory in anomalies, sudden miracles or possible disasters. There might even be factors we don't know about.

The sun was just an example you dimwits. Desmond is basically expressing the impermanence of all things, which brought him down because his wife, kids and dog are no longer in his life. He realizes that's the rule and not the exception, everything ends. Not willing to stick around to see anything else he used to enjoy disappear, he wanted to kill himself first. He wanted to control things ending instead of that happening to him. Only when he controls the bliblie's lives does he feel like a master of fate again.

>People taking his speech literally
Desmond isn't upset that the sun will one day explode.

Would it be worth investing in Natural Gas now so when the USA stockpile of Helium runs out Natural Gas extractors will rake in huge profits to supply more helium?

Thankfully Bliblies breed like rats so Desmond can genocide them until the end of his life.

Attached: smiling-friends-blieblie.gif (498x278, 1.66M)

If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, nothing of value lies before it

No?

just enjoy the time you have faggot, it's not like you or your mind will exist in another 80 years

You'll die, no one will remember you, and nothing you did will last

As long as I don't have to remember myself I'll be okay.

ENTER

Attached: gollt.jpg (1280x720, 120.99K)

>>Nothing matters because the sun is gonna explote
Isn't that the plot of Eternals?

Ozymandias was written a long time ago, people already know this. There's a difference between intrinsic, objective and subjective value.

Not an expert but probably. There's a company or two experimenting with helium synthesis and less orthodox mining methods as well, might be worth a look. It's a pretty long game though, may as well just put it all into playing crypto.

we can't predict the weather next week and you think we have any idea how an entire planet will be 5 billion years from now?

>I don't believe in science
>why should you

Attached: 4ecdzdlzki781.jpg (659x308, 117.03K)

a few, but I mean what does the sun exploding matter? That's billions of years beyond my lifetime. It's Nukes, Pandemics, and climate change that'll prolly fuck humans.

Hell we'd sooner get smashed by a meteor or gamma ray bursts then the sun burning up the planet. Also screw nihilism and fatalism, I live for the small things I like because I'm aware I have no power over the larger things, even if it's frustrating.

The heat death of the universe frightens me. Imagine this. There will be no heat. No light. No sound. Everything will be dead rocks floating in absolute nothingness. All orbits will have decayed and everything will have spread out so much that each and every rock will have a million light years distance from eachother. It will be like inexistence. Except everything that ever was will have died instead of having never been born.

whitepill is as soon as you realize entropy is required as a part of life, you embrace hedonism

Thank god we'll all be dead long long long before then.

This. Let the good times roll.

>Missing the point this hard

When you die, it's the end of the world for you. Unless reincarnation is real or we achieve immortality, in which case we'll get to see the end of everything.

I think he is baiting based on his pic.

So live it up now before I die. Why should I sit here crying about the end? I have a life to live and enjoy.

I literally just do not care.

I don't.

And when all that has transpired we will have oblivion again. And then, another big bang. Cycles.

I am sorry.

What will there be left to bang?

I appreciate the sentiment. I mentioned it to make the point that Desmond is a joke about something real.

The important thing is that everything works in cycles, there will be new things to bang.

Yeah, 16 year olds

Even if it was in just 1 million years thats still more than enough untill we figure out space travel and how to terra form planets

Are you guys depressed like this every day from morning to evening? How do you have the energy for such a thing?

You guys should play Outer Wilds if you like the concept of entropy and the sun exploding. Do not read any spoilers because the game would be unplayable if you know anything about it

Fermi Paradox: Great Filter [any%]

This is why I'm obsessed with Ufos and Alien abduction cases, the slight possibility of there being an advanced species monitoring earth that has the technology to evade oblivion is the most you can honestly hope for.

Ever since the later half of my teens when my retard ape brain developed enough to actually process the process of death I've been stuck in a vicious cycle of hopelessness about life in general since literally nothing matters after all.
The real problem is I can't be bothered to actually be suicidal about it, so I'm just going to be stuck like this until the planet boils over in 50 years or whatever.

Attached: e.png (540x536, 208.66K)

If you listen to some of his podcast appearences you can tell zach is a realistic optimist who sees how fucked up things are and how meaningless life is, and decides to make the best of life because this is the only chance we get. Which is based and admirable compared to whatever the fuck rick and morty is trying to say.

Imagine thinking like this

No, it's more like...
>The whole universe will one day seize to be. Existence itself will unravel and the concept of life will be no more until the cycle repeats itself and chaos/life re-starts from scratch once again As such, it doesn't really matter if life escapes the natural death of it's planet or system. Nothing really matters in fact. Which is good because that means we are...free.

You just described Buddhism.

Literally scientist larp

So?

Then I'm a Buddhist. Even though I don't label myself with anything.

Very true user. Keep the faith in Christ!

All that shit.

I wish I could stop, honestly.

Try seeking religion, you may live a more fulfilling life if you believed in something.

Yeah, dumbass

Why the fuck does the fact that things end means that they don’t matter retard?

It might make them matter less, but it still matters

>but it still matters
how

Yea so? Nothing could ever change the historical fact that my life was better then yours, even if there’s no one who remembers it or even if there’s no one to remember it.

It depends on what you mean, but it clearly matters to people.

You could argue it doesn’t matter to the “universe” but why do you care what a bunch of rocks have to think?

Just to expand a bit on objectivism

Morality (the good), enquiry (the true), and creativity (the beautiful) are widely held instances of activities that confer meaning on life, while trimming toenails and eating snow––along with the counterexamples to subjectivism ––are not. Objectivism is widely thought to be a powerful general explanation of these particular judgments: the former are meaningful not merely because some agent (whether it is an individual, her society, or even God) cares about them or judges them to be worth doing, while the latter simply lack significance and cannot obtain it even if some agent does care about them or judge them to be worth doing. From an objective perspective, it is possible for an individual to care about the wrong thing or to be mistaken that something is worthwhile, and not merely because of something she cares about all the more or judges to be still more choiceworthy. Of course, meta-ethical debates about the existence and nature of value are again relevant to appraising this rationale.

If, as it appears, there are only a finite number of actions one could perform, relationships one could have, and states one could be in during an eternity, one would have to end up doing the same things again. Even though one’s activities might be more valuable than rolling a stone up a hill forever à la Sisyphus, the prospect of doing them over and over again forever is disheartening for many. To be sure, one might not remember having done them before and hence could avoid boredom, but for some philosophers that would make it all the worse, akin to having dementia and forgetting that one has told the same stories.

>No one will remember me shitting myself dring math exam
thank god

that's comforting to me because a sibling caught me masturbating a few months ago

How do you define value?

To what?

>No one remember me getting chased by a dog
Good news to hear.

Nothing matters so it is up to you to make meaning for the time you have hear. This is explained in the episode with Desmond finding his passion in killing funny little purple creatures.

More like people justify their emotions with this line of thought.

I thought these threads generally hated pic related but all your post somehow got them on board. Was this your plan all along?

Attached: zzUUNVo.jpg (2048x1382, 282.13K)

nothing really just wanted to do a quickie and just laid down in bed all day. Didn't want to go outside my room after that. I could never look at him in the eyes since then

Yes. Science is built on criticism and induction, not belief.

>even if there’s no one who remembers it or even if there’s no one to remember it.
I really like how you added an echo to your own post like you're in a room on your own to emphasise no one cares.

People have to have picrel as their attitude if they're monists. There's no other alternative

Learn to read retard

Yes, but in a different way.

Attached: 1643120620630.png (726x810, 615.28K)

Attached: 31B38F17-08A4-43DA-80FB-18C45496DC37.jpg (250x174, 7.84K)

I did. it was gay like you.

Nihilist cope.

His mind was clouded by depression

I'm not a nihilist but you are confirmed homo

Oh is wittle baby upset

Oh well, looks like i win this one.

Yea. It's usually held by retards who cant address the root of their depression.

You have to realize that a billion years is longer than a long time away. It literally does not matter what is going to happen at that time.

Attached: anonyoudweeb.jpg (1091x800, 486K)

Predicting a simple multi aeon average state over the entire celestial body is a lot easier than predicting the exact conditions at the exact time in a tiny patch of turbulent as shit macrocells on said body. Like you can predict how long it takes to boil water a kettle but not exact sizes and speeds of specific bubbles.

you must be new here

Nihilism is just cope for this narcisitic generation.

But this guy looks like he's having a blast and living his "best life".

photosynthesis will become unsustainable a lot sooner than that

Nah you lost sorry kiddo

>homo still trying to waddle his way up to the first place podium where i stand in all my glory
You're lost

Cope

It doesn't sound anything like Mike. At best, it sounds a little like that guy that made those Star Wars rants.

Live life for the now, the present, there’s no grand scheme but that doesn’t mean that nothing matters, you have yourself, and what you love, and that matters to you doesn’t it? Even when you’re worm food or star dust, what you loved still mattered to the present you, if it made you happy then it was all worth it in the end.

we're going to figure out something by that time and all those universe-ending theories should be taken with a grain of salt because they're all based on what little knowledge we have right now

Is what you're doing right now

Nothing matters because the universe will fully decay in a trillion trillion years. There will be literally nothing left. No stars, no planets, no molecules, there won't be even any atoms left. That's how it ends. Rest assured that absolutely everything will vanish without a trace.

Doesn't mean you can't ascribe meaning to random ass shit like family or fulfillment. Just don't pretend like it's anything more than a cope in the face of sheer indifference of the universe inconsequentiality of the entire existence as a whole, because you can't live with the idea that you have no purpose, you will not amount to anything, and the entire reason you exist is because that way the cosmic entropy increases at the greatest rate.

How long until aliens decide to reveal themselves? There's already confirmed reports of UFOs and whatnot, right?

confirmed ufo just means we definitely don't know what it is, probably chinese spy drones

The real solution to the Fermi paradox is that we're the first and there are no aliens.

This most likely. If the human race is going to bite it then it would be cool if it did by alien invasion but UFO stuff is always a letdown.

No but after what I've done it will always have been done.

Is that a threat?

Kiss me

imagine being so weak willed the thought of “nothing matters” actually paralyzes you kek
must be exhausting, darwinism exists for a reason

But thats absurdism

Sorry to hear that man. I guess he forgot to knock.

The sun exploding doesn't depress me since I believe if humanity doesn't kill itself by then, getting to a new planet would be fairly trivial. However, the eventual heat death of the universe greatly depresses me since nothing can be done to escape that fate and nothing will change the outcome of this universe. Also the fact that once you die, you never get another chance to live again, depressing stuff.

>pessimists really don't believe we'll be beings of pure light exploring the cosmos and creating our own life by then
We will be fondly remembered despite our faults.

He was born rich and got his show made by being friends with Justin Roland. I don't have anything against him, but it's easy to be an optimist when you have lived and easy life.

>no one will remember you, and nothing you did will last

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 33.39K)

>we can't predict the weather next week and you think we have any idea how an entire planet will be 5 billion years from now?
Are you a facebook baby boomer?

my door has a broken knob and he just barged in. I kinda just live with it now. I see disappointment and slight resentment in his eyes everytime we make contact because I'm the babied youngest out of us three

That sucks man. Trying to explain it to his parents might be tricky. Goodnight.

I mean, the fact that life-is-fragile-and-we-humans-somehow-believe-ours-matters-more-than-that-of-the-everyday-animal-that-dies-before-us is true,
Why the hell would you not live it till the clock stops ticking and embrace the opportunity you have?
We're talkin tens of YEARS man
Animals would kill for that kind of lifespan
Rather than looking to die prematurely
Go ACT prematurely on what makes you happy
We're all on here for the ride and hey it ain't stopping now

because most nhilists actually are narcissistic
literally not everyone cares about being remembered forever because people value and find meaning in different things and most nhilists are incapable of understanding that fact due to being unable to understand and things from the perspective of others

In 100 years, everything you know will look like cave man talk to middle schoolers, so be humble

No, more like there has been many lifeforms before us in a infinite universe, they just die out before we meet them. Humanity has survived due to cosmic chance, not evolutionary skill. There is liquid water in our solar system and there could be some form of life there but nobody is interested in checking as the cost is high. ESA was gonna do a flyby in 2024 of Europa for landing sites for NASA to drill down in 2032 but covid has prob yeeted that to 2030 and 2046 respectively.

Depression makes you think like that.
He was more along the point of suffering from massive indifference that any possible thing he can say or do will be forgotten in a few short generations. All kingdoms to sand.

You can no longer painlessly kill yourself with the mask and helium gas trick

I see no point in life anymore.

I'm 23, and have bo career goals or aspirations, because everything seems so pointless. I'm in comp sci and have a CIS degree but that shit sucks aside from game design, and indie game design is not a practical career especially with no clear idea. Same with acting.

Everything, like being a doctor or lawyer has so many flaws that it makes me ask: why bother?
I wasted my youth trying to fit in, buying supreme shirts, sneakers, playing sports, trying to talk to girls, losing my virginity at 18, etc and now I dont care to fit in beyond not looking crazy, because I dont see value in other people anymore.

Doing things fir their tastes was a waste of my time.

I pondered suicide out of boredom or lack of hope for the future but that will give my gf, family, and friends pain, the only people I care about.

Why bother doing anything?
Nothing has a clear immediate reason for me.
Everyone else has a calling but I'm an NPC with no grander complex plans.
I'm in a prison. I'll just rot maybe, I dont know what I'm doing.

Attached: PzPq6Pbn5RqgrWunhEx6rg-1200-80.jpg (600x350, 18.78K)

13 year olds think like that.

Well you can always let cancer or some other illness kill you. It's pretty simple all you gotta do Is never go to a doctor.

I've eaten too many blueberries tho
Plus I told myself if I ever got cancer or some other terminal shit I'd just blow my brains and cut ti the chase, so my loved ones wint see me die slow and pathetically as I cling

Wouldn't the sun exploding actually be part of the whole second coming?