Why did he get so little screen timer after the pilot?

Why did he get so little screen timer after the pilot?

Attached: 2020_04_04_20_6[1].png (350x583, 185.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LWlno6ggFwI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabian_riff
mega.nz/folder/qNQHhQ5J#9lz4by1S5KQkRziKtqkt-w/folder/TBJ1zQYS
youtube.com/watch?v=K6yoQZ3-vHY
twitter.com/vilyahorny/status/1484055495459708932?s=21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Desmond's big day out (the pilot): 25 lines
>Mr. Frog: 1 line
>Shrimp's Oddyssey: 3 lines
>A Very Silly Odyssey: 5 lines
>Simon. S. Salty: 1 line
>Enchanted Forest: 4 lines
>Frowning Friends: 4 lines
>Charlie Dies: 4 lines
in total, it's 22 lines of dialog across the series, not counting the pilot.

If I had to guess, I think Zach and Michael picked one episode each of the season to give a bit of focus to the other Smiling friends in the form of a B-Plot. Glep had the Mr frog episode, The Boss had the Frowning Friends episode, and they probably considered Alan's B-plot in the Pilot to be his "focus" episode, and so didn't bother doing much with him for the rest of the season figuring they'd already done their job in the pilot.

Which really sucks, at least the boss was consistently hilarious throughout his other small appearances. Alan maybe had two jokes to himself throughout the entire season.

Attached: alan.png (585x515, 337.79K)

>ftw my favourite character alan didnt get sceentime

Probably the correct answer. Something I like about the show is that all the side plots eventually make their way into the main story’s resolution. It’s a small thing but not every show does it.

Ahhh skapdskbdlajsna

How is that For the Win at all user?

pilots have to show off every character

Is Alan gay?
>Never with any female
>Neat freak
>Wears a tie
>Eats cheese

They were probably more focused on establishing the 2 MCs with the 12m per episode they had. I'd expect a season 2 to dive into the others a bit more.

>>A Very Silly Odyssey
the best type of odyssey

Each side character had a b plot episode. Alan had the pilot, Glep had Mr. Frog and the boss had the Frowning Friends episode.

>Puts his mouth on Charlie's nose. Repeatedly.

I'm going with yes.

I wish he got more screen time.

I don't know why but this is the funniest shit I've read all day

yes

Attached: FKA_sy3X0AQazAF.jpg (1434x1060, 89.77K)

to make you THIRST for season 2

Attached: 1642711889499.gif (143x142, 353.24K)

I've noticed most of the B plots are set up to eventually solve for the A plot, save for Gleb in The Mr Frog Show. You can squeeze a lot of stuff in 11 minutes, but it could really turn into a hit or miss.

Yes

Attached: 9BB0515C-0ACB-4C82-BA70-3C947BC59BF6.jpg (581x378, 26.29K)

Wait, am I gay?

Attached: ?.png (231x241, 87.01K)

based King

Attached: FKD07kdWQAQcJXV.jpg (1058x740, 73.66K)

What's the song he hums?

theres a place in france where the women wear no pants

Because the pilot (which also served as episode 1 of the series) was "his" episode. He got the B-plot in that episode. Glep got the B-plot in Mr. Frog. Mr. Boss got the B-plot in Frowning Friends. Each of the side characters at the office got an episode to focus on them, and other than that they all had barely any lines, not just Alan. The only reason people somehow think Alan got shafted is because his episode was first, so they compare his presence in all the subsequent episodes to that.

there's a hole in the wall where the naked men draw

why was this scene so funny

Attached: Alan in a hallway.png (1366x720, 136.2K)

What do Alan and Glep actually do as their jobs? Paperwork?

he got his cheese

I don't know but that scene always stands out to me too

Alan was cleaning shit and gardening, maybe he just does whatever needs to be done?

No clue but I love Mr Boss’ dark cavernous office.

The Gleb one counts too as it sets up the executive character for the final payoff

>anime girl reaction pic

user sorry to tell ya this...

Attached: niggayougay.jpg (983x553, 119.1K)

alright, who's got a working mega link for the episodes? i finally convinced a friend to give the show a watch.

I refuse to believe anybody could be turned on by this

Charlie/Alan is superior to every other smiling friends pairing

>these are the actual lyrics
youtube.com/watch?v=LWlno6ggFwI

Lets not forget Shrimps Odyssey was Smormu's focus episode.

> Alan got a story in the pilot
> Glep got a story in Mr Frog

Zach has said it's difficult to have both an A story and B story in 11 minutes, so i'm glad the side characters got at least one episode each.

Lyle's theme song

Well you are very mistaken

Attached: 8683DC1E-6092-469E-86FE-1941AA2B62AF.jpg (707x600, 67.9K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabian_riff

mega.nz/folder/qNQHhQ5J#9lz4by1S5KQkRziKtqkt-w/folder/TBJ1zQYS

What are him and Glep's jobs at the organization? What do they even do if they aren't sent out to work with clients like Pim and Charlie?

source?

I prefer the "Earthbound jazz" one
youtube.com/watch?v=K6yoQZ3-vHY

Are you Macklemore?

Lyle's snake charming song

twitter.com/vilyahorny/status/1484055495459708932?s=21

Attached: 3DAA730D-5114-43B2-A1A0-2CE74960483D.jpg (997x645, 70.21K)

much thanks

im so stupid, I didnt realize buffet, nut ceo, and reagan were supposed to be in boss' imagination

Allan and Glep were somewhat shafted in season 1 on purpose. They wanted to focus on making a strong case for the Pim and Charlie dynamic, the central dynamic, and they only had 8 episodes of 11 minute length to do that, so it's understandable. However, they did make sure to give Allan and Glep b-plots in the first two episodes as a taste.

Season 2 (which was picked up but hasn't been announced as such yet) will have more b-plots and several episodes focusing on Allan and Glep, as there's less to establish about them, and Pim and Charlie are fairly fleshed out already. For anyone wondering what their jobs are, Allan is the inventory manager, and it's going to be a running gag that it's not known what exactly Glep's job is and what he's supposed to be doing.

No, you're a faggot

He got his cheese.

BASED! It is now

Attached: FJ_XVhDXsAMqSG6.jpg (1242x1222, 134.07K)

We probably shouldn’t, let’s just contain ourselves from all Smiling Friends threads. We did have like 4 threads before this.

>been up for 6 hours

Yeah you're right, just keep to our own threads when they're made

Attached: FKFM7CiX0AYAAXv.png (667x636, 183.55K)

glep's mouth doesn't look like that!!!!!11!!!1!

ZAMN! He's 48!

I want an episode where Charlie and Pim call in sick and we get to see Alan and Glep make someone smile

Attached: FIssiZyVEAMZQon.jpg (2102x1692, 131.97K)

alan would be underappreciated, he just has charm that none of the other characters have. he'd be great at it for some specific types of costumers though

Alan seems more of an office worker and general upkeep. Glep seems to be a janitor.

Seeing Reagan in Zach's style and not just hyperrealistic like the other CEO was the best part

What do you expect from this fucking piece of shit show! Zach was on fucking drugs when he made this shit, "IGHT IM MAKING THIS SHOW UMMM SO YOU GOT THIS YELLOW FELLA WITH A BIG NOSE AND UHH A PURPLE BRITISH FAGGOT AND THEYRE OPPOSITES BECAUSE YOU KNOW YELLOW AND PURPLE ARE COMPLIMENTARY COLORS SO UHH THATS SMART," "UHHHH WHAT ABOUT OTHER CHARACTERS," "OH DONT YPU WORRY SWEETIE WE GOT SOME POPS RIP OFF WITH A GROTESQUE MELON ASS AND SOME RED DUDE YEAH SOME RED DUDE AND SOME LITTLE GREEN FAGGOT, HEHE DOESNT MATTER SINCE WE'RE TAKING TAX DOLLARS FROM AMERICANS AHAHAHHAHAHA"
FUCK YOU! This cartoon sucks ass and you guys keep eating this shit up, fuck smiling friends!

Attached: 1624768640686.png (533x358, 441.97K)

Apparently uncensored versions of the episodes exist and are easily acquirable for money, who's got the hookup? Not giving apple or jewgle my money.

Attached: unknown[1].png (782x228, 27.19K)

Russian fujos are something else

Kek, read all of that in his voice.

Attached: 1641823619438.gif (498x498, 586.22K)

Wooo look at him go

Attached: b1rdlawyer.png (1280x720, 398.87K)

I'd wait for the HBO release since they use uncensored edits of a lot of shows on AS

DADA DEE DA DOO
DADA DEEDA DADA DOO
DADA DEE DA DOO
DADA DEEDA DADA DOO
DADA DEE DA DOO
DADA DEEDA DADA DOO
DADA DEE DA DOO
DADA DEEDA DADA DOO
DADA DEE DA DOO
DADA DEEDA DADA DOO
DADA DEE DA DOO
DADA DEEDA DADA DOO
DADA DEE DA DOO
DADA DEEDA DADA DOO
DADA DEE DA DOO
DADA DEEDA DADA DOO
DADA DEE DA DOO
DADA DEEDA DADA DOO
DADA DEE DA DOO
DADA DEEDA DADA DOO

Attached: 1642755888044.gif (756x1016, 25.93K)

Alan is office manager/maintenance
I dont think gleb did any work at all, he almost seems like the office mascot

god i hope so

nice paws

>see glep
>smile
It's just that easy.

>deleted
at least jannies were incompetent enough to leave it up for 10 whole hours

He just wanted his CHEESE

Attached: FJRHFDSWUAQCiVl.jpg (1280x1280, 79.2K)

>pim is the idealist when he wants to cheer people up
>charlie is more cynical/down to earth in his methods

How would Alan and Glep interact with their customers?

Alan would be neurotic and overcomplicate things until they forget what made them sad in the first place.

Glep would do cute little dances and silly stuff to entertain the client until they smile.

I like this idea, genuinely sounds in character at least from what we've seen