Beast Wars #12 Storytime

The remaining Maximals seize the Golden Disk at the same time that Megatron springs his latest trap... but to make it off the battlefield alive, both sides might have to lose to win

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-000.jpg (1988x3056, 825.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpptn3uJ6kU
twitter.com/Eronposts/status/1487465947720216576
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.56M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-004.jpg (1988x3056, 1.99M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-005.jpg (1988x3056, 2.61M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-006.jpg (1988x3056, 1.74M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.58M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-008.jpg (1988x3056, 2.33M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.94M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-010.jpg (1988x3056, 2.01M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-011.jpg (1988x3056, 2.02M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.77M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-013.jpg (1988x3056, 2.41M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-014.jpg (1988x3056, 2.02M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-015.jpg (1988x3056, 1.95M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.89M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.65M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.67M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.92M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-020.jpg (1988x3056, 1.98M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-021.jpg (1988x3056, 1.89M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-022.jpg (1988x3056, 1.71M)

Attached: Transformers - Beast Wars 012-023.jpg (1988x3056, 1.58M)

Thanks for storytime, OP!

you're welcome user.

Attached: beastwars.png (664x473, 35.27K)

Skold is a complete softy

Attached: NFTransformer show.jpg (600x600, 129.32K)

Poor Terrorsaur. At least he gets to come back this time, unlike the show where no one ever acknowledged he died

bumping!

you ever been so mad you grab a motherfucker to hit another motherfucker?

>oh hey, Razorbeast is dead
Why nobody but Skold cares?

Blackarachnia did. She used his death to bargain for her own life, noting Megatron was short on troops.

Terrorsaur comes back in the '06 IDW BW universe, though it's only described in his bio.

Attached: 28.jpg (1361x2150, 415.82K)

Attached: 29.jpg (1352x2156, 405K)

Well if this narrative is anything like the show, which it seems to be, he was a blank protoform who none of them have gotten to know very well yet

Bump for read.

Thank you OP

Attached: TF2019-41-B-EP-001.jpg (951x1443, 396.58K)

Is he dead dead?

OP didn't post the roll call page where Razorbeast and Terrosaur were crossed out, so...

that could still mean anything

I totally forgot this came out this week. And I didn't leave my apartment this week either, thanks.

I wish they brought the other bot back instead. This guy was a piece of shit.

since when he has kirby optic blasts?

Fuck yeah COMPUTRON finally back
And Blitzwing (he was fun when he last appeared).

he's had optic blasts since the show
not this big, though

bumping

How much do I have to pay skybound to make them tell Ruckley to write a book sequel for IDW2 for the ideas he couldn't implement during his comic run?

Attached: b8042ee59e8c6c202f4d7e1590b78ae822858-f.jpg (452x639, 121.98K)

This comic won't be remembered for anything other than its godawful art by next year.

you are so cute

this was a fun read. thanks OP

Thanks for the read. Damn stupid IDW had to ruin it all and loosing the license. I don't want it to end.

You know damn well it was Hasbro.

>captcha: T0SAY
huh

>You know damn well it was Hasbro.
Didn't they take away the IP from IDW due to the weird stuff they are putting into Transformers? Not to mention what they did with G.I. Joe?

Isn't this IDW's doing alone? Hasbro doesn't profit from the comic success so they are pretty indifferent. IDW probably decided the license was too expensive to maintain and didn't renew it.
Skybound only stepped in, chances are high that if they hadn't gotten it someone else would.

If what I heard is right, Kirkman had been hounding them for years and Hasbro finally relented. It's believed that Invincible's success in Amazon was a catalyst.
Hasbro wants that sweet streaming money that they very much wasted with Netflix WFC.

How does that work, does the comic company have some own animation studio? I always thought publishers would just gamble and pay third parties to make a series when they get a contract with a streaming platform and hope it's successful enough to make up for the money they spent making it.

IDW has been in hot water with Hasbro for years since the Sitterson controversy
Hasbro goes out of its way to promote Boom's comics for PR while being radio silent for IDW's recent offerings
Kirkman probably just gave them a better offer and IDW's been bleeding money to the point where they're shifting gears for more creator owned comics

Yes, just like with Terrorsaur. Oh, wait.

>Didn't they take away the IP from IDW due to the weird stuff they are putting into Transformers?
No. Hasbro was supportive of the stuff you're probably bitching about that IDW was putting into Transformers. We've heard this straight from the writers.
And even if we hadn't, Hasbro has the ability to put their foot down and block stuff from happening in the comics if they didn't like it. Having the Transformers license doesn't give you complete control over what you put out, Hasbro still has to approve it. They've blocked stuff before - it was going to be Bumblebee that died at the start of the Costa ongoing. Hasbro wanted Bumblebee to be alive, so Ironhide died instead.

if they do a CC then they'll probably make continue the continuity but vaguely reference past events

Another example: the preview issue for AHM had some human blood in it. Hasbro made them remove the blood for the full issue release.

so just like Generations Selects when Super Megatron threatened to eat a furry girl of Optimus did not give him the Matrix

Attached: C9A9EFDC-3F95-474B-A0B0-5C692111283C.png (206x218, 82.3K)

>Kirkman probably just gave them a better offer and IDW's been bleeding money to the point where they're shifting gears for more creator owned comics
Yeah, this. They probably didn't sell enough TF comics to make it worth paying that much for the IP. The sales weren't much different from later IDW1 but not great enough to be a money maker and since they are bleeding out they will probably give up even more licenses in the future.
I guess only TMNT and Sonic will stay since they are their two top series. Even TF artists have made original series the last years, see Roche's Scarendhood or Ramondelli's Kill Lock, that's even getting a sequel now.

Hasbro is pretty tolerant regarding the comics and people exaggerate. Almost all of the questionable writing happening in IDW1 like the chaotic shared universe were ideas of IDW, not Hasbro mandates. Hasbro doesn't profit from the comic sales so the only times they might say no is when something is literally putting their franchise in bad light in an extreme way, like I think they wouldn't allow rape or a Transformer being associated with literal nazis. The only other thing they do are some character related mandates, like now allowing a certain bot to die or forcing a certain other bot in. Ruckley has talked about this as well.

You say so but Transformers wise the BttF crossover got promoted, the Ghostbusters crossover got hugely promoted, the SG stuff was a bonafide collaboration between Hasbro and IDW. And both the Ruckley ongoing and the BW got promoted at the start of their runs. You could even redeem the first issue of Ruckley's ongoing in the Siege website with the appropriate code.

Comic book licenses have nothing to do with streaming, what the hell are you talking about?

This is all propaganda to make Skybound not look like a sham.
Hasbro wants the potential ideas they may get from Kirkman's comic books so they may adapt them into movies and tv shows like other companies do with their comic books. This shit could tank worse than Netflix WFC.

They want to use Skybound to mine it for adaptations. You are getting pretty defensive...

>Hasbro wants the potential ideas they may get from Kirkman's comic books so they may adapt them into movies and tv shows like other companies do with their comic books. This shit could tank worse than Netflix WFC.
I mean I agree with this since they better let comic writers come with with the plots instead of asking idiots like DeSanto again. But I will forever be mad if they should end up adapting all of the upcoming comics now after never giving a flying fuck about the Wreckers trilogy or Megatron Origin/War Within.

ikr. They could have made animated adaptations the same way DC does. Heck, didn't that motherfucking Batman vs TMNT comic get a movie?

I know people don't care for the art, but they absolutely nailed the cast with the writing. Really gonna miss this comic.

And they shouldn't have killed Razorbeast so quick. At least we're getting Polar Claw, maybe he'll last longer.

It's strange I have mixed feelings about Burcham's art, but I remember a time some years ago when 4channers told me how much they loved that style for the IDW1 comics he was drawing for. Now it's all hate, strangely.
I am not that much of a fan either, but how ironic that I turned from a critic into one of those that appreciate it the most because the majority changed the opinion so drastically. Don't know, maybe it's coincidence and I just happened to visit threads with fans of him back then and got the wrong impression from that.

>Don't know, maybe it's coincidence and I just happened to visit threads with fans of him back then and got the wrong impression from that.
There's plenty of hate from newcomers. They usually come around.

Well for me its because it reminds me of Geoff Senior. My fave G1 artist.

Yeah I have this feeling too.

Attached: FJ3ZUJEaUAEUIxF.jpg (2048x1536, 236.82K)

I like her

Attached: 595933.png (856x339, 348.97K)

I thought the toys were already in development and then IDW just did the comic themselves?

Bump

With SG? No it was full partnership, the others, well, IDW did the comics and obviously with a crossover there's plenty of logistics involved, it's not as easy as that. Plus they included the first issue of the Ghostbusters crossover with the Ectotron reissue.

Yeah and the SG series was also a colab with Hasbro's toys.
At least we are now almost confirmed to get the sequel for this since IDW will still do comics throughout 2022. But I wished it was running for longer.
Though they might still publish more SG toys in 2023 and maybe then it's just Skybound making the new series.

Attached: FJV6RtQXIAUzR_X.png (385x309, 62.82K)

It's bomp here

Attached: FIF5DEBXoAMiqNs.jpg (1023x1033, 371.52K)

I like that they gave Cheetor actual speed like a cheetah in robot mode, it felt like that only ever happened once in the show

Cheetor had superspeed in Beast Machines.

they're obviously gonna pull a "Oh look they weren't actually dead" since they're already subverting so much from the show
I wouldn't be surprised if Scorponok and Terrorsaur survive long enough to become Transmetals

I like Burcham's art for sure but I don't think it's his style that's the issue, a lot of the panels and certain background shots just feel very "barren" half the time but I just chalk that up to meeting deadlines

Too bad the comic won't.

I know and it makes me sad, this is the only TF comic I've been invested in every issue but that's also because Beast Wars is my favorite TF media

Yeah same. I like his art, I only have two issues here. 1. his art is better fit for robots, 2. what you said.
It's the burden of being the artist and colorist at the same time. He can draw so much good shit like pic related. But BGs are hard, I often feel like instead of having an artist and a colorist comics should have an artist that draws the characters and colors them and someone who is just doing the backgrounds.

Attached: DJPWBY9UQAEQNZr.jpg (1024x662, 123.08K)

I hear ya. Been looking forward to this more than any other comic each month. Hoping and praying that whoever gets the license is open to keeping it going.

I'm praying that Kirkman and Skybound just are unable to go through with acquiring the license. Either by lethal or non-lethal means.

If that happens would it go back to IDW by default?

I honestly trust Boom more. They'll probably just hire the IDW creatives.

Eh, Skybound might do that too. People are acting like Kirkman is gonna write everything when he probably won't lift a finger.

Why didn't the 2006 Beast Wars IDW continuity get traction?

Didn't sell that great, plus IDW gearing up for backing the Bayverse.

Good question. But I think it's IDW that didn't want the license anymore, not Hasbro taking it away from them by force. So they would probably just wait for interested publishers and sell it to the next one.
I feel the same. I am not really happy with the new publisher. I am also a bit worried because it seems like this is their first licensed series if I am correct.
Well that isn't always bad actually. Maybe better than those that do it all the time since they might be more open to new ideas. New ideas are always good.

Can anybody redpill me about what's good about the Invincible cartoon/comic? Did it have some new ideas or did some daring things?

I can guaran-fucking-tee that if Skybound wanted Transformers Hasbro would give it to them, just so they can slap "FROM ROBERT KIRKMAN!" on the cover, even if he plays no part in making it. They just want the nerd cred.

God please no, nerds unironically evolved into the worst kinds of shitheads during the last decade.

Google Kirkman up, he seems like a self-absorbed ass. And likes Bayverse.

You think Hasbro gives a fuck? The comics could be complete crap, having a high profile name like Kirkman making their books is all they care about.

I don't trust Kirkman because of his name. Who is called like this? What is a Kirk?

Invincible...hmm, ok, imagine Mark Millar but with a plan or something resembling it and just the tiniest bit of restraint.

Now that IDW lost the license anyway Ruckley should pull some shit he would have never done otherwise.
Dunno, let Starscream kill Megatron for real, let the real chosen one that is the 13th Prime be some surprise candidate, let them meet a mysterious spaceship that happens to be the alt-universe Lost Light from the end of LL, let them say Sentinel Prime did nothing wrong, whatever.

>2006 Beast Wars IDW continuity
As nice as it is to see the old show gang again, I gotta say part of me wishes this new BW comic was using non show characters

The comic we got certainly shoved in as many as possible, and that was cool, but it suffered from the thing a lot of TF media suffers from which is having too big of an ensemble cast for every character to properly grow on you. The show Beast Wars was so good because it stuck to relatively small teams, that's why every character was memorable, they didn't over do it

I would have liked a BW comic that used the toy only boys, but did it in a more reserved way like the show was

Attached: Injector1998__Injector.jpg (381x525, 87.7K)

just a bunch of non show characters and an interpretation of BWII and BWN that was a misinterpretation
also ends with a scene acknowledging BM thus making it shit by default

The BWII/N changes were deliberate. It's a different universe, after all.

It could be that but seriously, NO ONE knew that BWII/BWN happened thousands of years after G1 insted of BW which is just several hundreds of years also BWII/BWN has no time travel.

Isn't the story essentially becoming a "What if the war ended as soon as it started" sort of take by mistake?

>NO ONE knew that BWII/BWN happened thousands of years after G1
bruh in like the first episodes, which have been subbed for ages, the predacons scan earth vehicle designs from an "ancient computer"

>also BWII/BWN has no time travel.
Neo has time travel.

>Neo has time travel.
Not really? I mean, you have a guy who can stop time and do some other time shenanigans but not actual time travel from what I can remember.
>bruh in like the first episodes, which have been subbed for ages, the predacons scan earth vehicle designs from an "ancient computer"
I lived that era, you won't believe the mental gymnastics some motherfuckers did to pretend that BWII happened right after BW.

Lio Convoy gets thrown back in time by the Nemesis explosion. He's running on fumes by the time Big Convoy finds him, which is why he can't join their quest.

oh right, I think that counts. It doesn't really affect Big Convoy's crew, though.

Anyone else but me think the art is kind of ugly?

I never got why Cheetor is treated as a kid
Silverbolt and Blackarachnia are younger than him

He has an immature personality.

I am viscerally offended by this.

Attached: 9AFFE6E8-092B-4A0F-B7BB-E026F2DE4EDD.jpg (262x297, 26.7K)

It’s not so much ugly as it is too stylized I think. I feel like the mechanical details of the transformers should be prioritized. If they’re too weird looking the cease to feel like robots.

TRANSFORMERS: THE BASICS on RACK 'n' RUIN

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpptn3uJ6kU

Stop shilling

We don't know but it could be.

I honestly always had the impression that this continuity wasn't even meant to be the 10+ year long running epic IDW1 or Marvel was.
If there is one thing I desire from the new publisher it's that I would love continuities to be shorter or even give us single series that just take place at a certain point of time and get followed by a new universe. IDW1 could have been three continuities or something. Furman's stories could have been an own thing, MtmtE/TAAO/Wreckers could have been an own thing.

I don't think every continuity HAS to cover the start, middle and end of the war. What's so bad about, let's say an ongoing series of IDW Furman's 84 on Cybertron? Nothing else. Just this.
Just maybe 50 issues of what the bots on Cybertron were doing that while the others were sleeping on Earth. And since many want this a continuity that is just post-war or just early war like IDW2. I feel like Ruckley's run could very well end prematurely in-universe by having Exarchon and IT the big bads and it ends when Megatron commits suicide like an indoctrinated Saren Arterius or some shit or Optimus simply getting over his issues and killing what is essentially his best friend.
The next continuity could just start with the late war days. So nobody that wants Earth or post-war plot will miss it for long. It's just that it isn't forced to be ONE continuity anymore. Shorter stories allow much more creativity because you don't have to adjust a billion plot points and characters to make them fit to the upcoming 20 series.

I love his art when he has time to draw it, I would like to commission him once but I am not much of a fan of the comic art, though I don't consider it ugly either.

oh yeah he got sent to the present day and witnessed Unicron devour a planet, in hindsight it sure is weird Unicron was the main antagonist of Neo

There's a joke to be made here about the conflict of Beast Machines being about nature vs machinery but it left me as soon as I thought about it
It just looks kinda bland to me if anything else. I see a lot of purples being used in the color palettes and it just looks boring

Since IDW announced that they will give us a bunch of protagonists and villains spotlights later this year to cover their stories the ongoing couldn't had the time to show anymore who would you want to see?
My priorities would be either Sentinel or Nominus to get some content from the past from a Prime's PoV, Straxxus, Thunderwing, Strika, Smokescreen and maybe Sixshot and Rage too since it seems like these are characters the story was going for. And I just like Rage. I assume that Cyclonus's subplot will be covered in the main comic, so that's why I don't mention him, Exarchon, Megs or Optimus.

Attached: FKSKPrnaAAMwmDw.jpg (2000x2000, 895.1K)

I can hardly notice the transformations

Eh it's a general issue. I doubt Skybound will be better about it.

His interactions with the other Maximals can be counted with a single hand

Razorbeast got Tigerhawked

Source?

I hate it. Beast Wars art should emphasize organize shapes and textures. This art is good for stuff like G2 and and Machinewars but trash for BW.

As long as Airazor doesn't get Tigerhawked.

twitter.com/Eronposts/status/1487465947720216576

Attached: EzlHWlWVgAUPMXU.jpg (1802x2337, 730.97K)

>I gotta say part of me wishes this new BW comic was using non show characters
Well Razorbeast was in...for exactly three issues. That's unfair as hell.

I forgot to mention Cosmos. And there might be others with own subplots I already forgot about.
Sorry was away eating a steak.

Attached: tumblr_inline_n9cjvxMy3r1qzidut.png (500x698, 514.39K)

Hope it was a good steak.

Fucking insane how he spent one issue nearly getting killed, a cameo in the next, then getting almost immediately killed in his final appearance. It felt like a waste of time.

Yeah, man. Argentinian filet steak with peppercorn sauce, rare. I love that shit. They are a bit more expensive than normal steaks but totally worth the 20 euros.

Attached: FIIPvp2agAAYF5L.jpg (1116x1530, 343.32K)

Rare instance where we get an honest to God guy getting fridged.

With those lips it's a shame it isn't a girl.
Unless it is.

Did everybody except Skold forget that Razorbeast is fucking dead

I think it's just meant to be a Jojofied version of him. Two series that are strangely similar in some way if you think about it.

Attached: 9930526.jpg (815x798, 228.61K)

>never forget when one of the artists put some Diamond is Not Crash cameos as some background bots
I think it was Malkova, but I'm not 100% sure.

Attached: jojobots.png (605x451, 770.85K)

It was that other artist I think, I forgot the name but they are massively into this, they drew the Arcee issue. A lot of TF fans are into Jojo I noticed.
Now thinking about it I am shocked I haven't seen any Yare Yare Daze Optimus yet.

>shame it isn't a girl
already exists

Attached: 9024CCB5-7DE1-45BD-9EF4-F04AE9888BAD.jpg (1242x1339, 1.7M)

MtmtE Overlord reminded me a lot of the batshit insane happy killer women you sometimes see in anime.

That Japanese mini comic is always good for reaction images. Hope someone will scan the newer chapters at some point.

Attached: 2489240991.png (498x234, 334.93K)

That looks fun.

Agreed.

bless TakaraTomy.

Because IDW were fucking it up and making the main TF series a gay robots book.

see

>I gotta say part of me wishes this new BW comic was using non show characters
There were so many cool toy designs in BW it's both a blessing and a curse that hardly any of them were in the show

Attached: Beast_Wars_B'Boom_toy.jpg (800x800, 150.16K)

some were in the anime spin-offs like this fucker

You know it just clicked with me, Hasbro is stuck in G1 but worse than ever before. You liked Studio Series? (which btw sold very good) Too bad it's G1 now! You are excited for the new Transformers Prime toys? Bam, they are G1 now! As it should be!
Cyberverse cartoon has Tarn now? Too bad, you get Dinobots! Nevermind that every serious fucking third party licensor does Tarn if given the opportunity. And it sells gangbusters.
Like I don't even think it's that they especifically dislike IDW, I think they are too fucktarded to do anything not G1, fully explaining why we got that shitty Netflix WFC. Heck, they are just now doing Beast Wars and that's just because of outside pressure they just could no longer deal with.

And it's probably at its worst since Brian Goldner stepped down and proceeded to die. The people currently in charge are like everything not G1 bad, but like to a stupid degree.

>Heck, they are just now doing Beast Wars
I mean it's the right time to do it, they had to wait for the kids who watched it to become adults to fully milk that nostalgia cow.

Also, people bitch about G1 but lets be honest, it's Generations which was always going to cater heavy to G1. RID 2015 and Cyberverse, they had original characters or at the very least new versions of characters, nobody talks about them, people are only interested in the G1 and other nostalgia bait apparently so why shouldn't they focus on it? You don't see anybody championing the OCs who have come from the mainline shows so why should they care

Boy you do sound like a shill but I'll be unbiased.
It's all bullshit, for the longest time Transformers managed just fine, the only time the brand was in danger was during the end of G1, G2, Beast Machines and the movie lines post RotF. Everything else? It sold well. RID15 sold well. RID01 sold well. Animated sold well. Armada sold well. Energon sold well.

You know what didn't sell well? The Commemorative Series and Alternators. Hell, even now the G1 Vintage series sells like crap. The only way the managed to make G1 sell past the basic bitch characters like Optimus Prime and a handful of car dudes and Soundwave was making Classics. And you know what classics is? It was applying the Energon/Cybertron engineering into the existing G1 characters. You could do whatever and if it looks cool, guess what, it will sell. See Drift.

I don't understand why they can't hire Garry Chalk back to play Primal. Ron Perlman sounds nothing like him, and there's no way in hell hiring him is cheaper than recording Chalk's lines in Canada.

Ron Perlman has more star power. That's a bonus, not detriment.

Because Hasbro is convinced Power of the Primes was a good show. It wasn't.