What was the last time you genuinely enjoyed chart-topping music? For me it was the stomp clap hey era

What was the last time you genuinely enjoyed chart-topping music? For me it was the stomp clap hey era

Attached: E9l4Q55UcAQc0V7.jpg (1280x1280, 171.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ACGu-JL7jLY
youtube.com/watch?v=lLJf9qJHR3E
youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>for me it was stomp clap hey era

ewww, thats where folk went to die

i look at the charts and i never , ever liked any of the shit they put out.

Maybe if i were born 10-15 years earlier i would have been an MJ fan

About here:
youtu.be/ACGu-JL7jLY

I would say in terms of pop charts it hasn’t been uniformly good since the early to mid 70s. I suppose it depends what you mean by chart topping it’s not like Mumford and sons and the hey ho band have dozens of hits everyone knows. It’s been like 50 years almost you had pop charts with good quality music of different varieties. Not that there wasn’t stuff like the osmonds but they were kind of niche compared to Stevie Wonder and The Rolling Stones etc who were massively everyone knew there songs and they were great

Mumford and Sons has some good music though
youtube.com/watch?v=lLJf9qJHR3E

>For me it was the stomp clap hey era
If this isn't bait, you have almost as bad taste as mumble rap fans.
If it is bait, you got me to reply so good job.
I'll concede that the rare good songs like this one were alright. But the era was shite.

Whenever she releases something, so most recently last November and most likely next month.

Attached: Taylor headphones.jpg (793x720, 94.71K)

>If this isn't bait, you have almost as bad taste as mumble rap fans.
>If it is bait, you got me to reply so good job.
the era was gay but at least it was real music played with real instruments
it was the last time pop music had soul

gangnam style-party rock era

lol no it didnt, thats just meaninlingess shit, real instruments doesnt mean soul, and how shitty mumford and sons is proves it

>you have almost as bad taste as mumble rap fans.
this faggot probably likes king crimson lol

Good taste.

That Steve Lacy song struck me as really refreshing and cute. He's probably the best one of the zoomer starlets we got the last 2 years.

>real instruments doesnt mean soul
sure, i like plenty of electronic music
and lots of shitty pop music is made with real instruments nowadays (olivia rodrigo)

but the folk pop shit was wrote by real people not teams assembled by executives

When science fiction hit whatever spot on the billboard chart. That was genuinely amazing, the album and the success

youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes

Just prior to the Stomp Clap Hey era when all those alternative rock bands of the early 10's were in their moody, black and white era. At least it's sort of making a comeback this year.

I just heard Steve Lacy the other day

Probably Dawn FM by The Weeknd.

Kate Bush

Came here to say this. For me, it's Taylor Swift

>stomp clap hey
proto bcnr

lady gagas first two albums

I unironically love Uptown Funk, its a god damn bop and i'll fist fight anybody who thinks otherwise.