ITT: Artists/Albums you used to like a lot, then came back after a good while and found you dislike them

ITT: Artists/Albums you used to like a lot, then came back after a good while and found you dislike them.
(For pic related, I mean the band in general, but particularly this album which I used to love.)

Attached: Hissing Fauna.jpg (500x500, 33.62K)

I can't listen to Bauhaus without cringing hard

I was a huge Dream Theater fag for a bit when I was like 13-14 but I can't really listen to a lot of their stuff now. I wouldn't say I dislike them and can still dig a few of their tracks but overall they don't really do it from me anymore, especially the corny as fuck lyrics. They should have let John Myung do them more often because he's the most competent at it of all the current members.

yeah, I was into Hissing as well, xgf loved it, sounded fresh at the time...now hearing it again, it's a blueprint for trans, it's a spectacle, phase type record, maybe it's for gendies confwused, that's the type it speaks reveals itself to.

Not taking anything away from how it's constructed, but i feel ya on this one user

Opposite experience, recently played Sunlandic Twins and absolutely loved it.

>it's a blueprint for trans, it's a spectacle, phase type record, maybe it's for gendies confwused, that's the type it speaks reveals itself to.
What in the bloody hell are you even talking about?

idk user, of montreal temporarily confoowsed me

>I mean the band in general
Clearly you haven't listened to this one yet.

Attached: coc.jpg (225x225, 19.16K)

The difference is Kevin Barnes is genuinely mentally ill and this album was written and recorded way before being trans became just a trendy way for teens to stand out and be different. It's still a great record.

This album was way, way better back in 2007.

Not to diss it now or anything, a lot of it just became passé. Like namedropping Bataille or living in Sweden or talking about being depressed. So much of it was cool back then and it changed really quick

you were into an album that you say reveals itself to people who are gendies confwused? what that mean for you?

definifely picrel
embarassed to admit that i was really into them back in 2017

Attached: 166279951663197727.jpg (630x630, 43.54K)

Lol no he wasnt hes just a hipster grifter

I used to worship animal collective as the most unique but accessible music I could listen too but now it sounds like immature kids music. I could probably listen to Here comes the Indian and some of their big hits still (my girls, summertime clothes, banshee etc) but I dont have the pallet for their sound anymore, Im old now.

Anco
Swans
HANL
That
Anything this stupid site championed back in the day

best day ever still slaps tho

Attached: file.png (1500x1500, 2.88M)

for me its Run the Jewels 3

i thought that shit was the best hip hop i'd ever heard
it's still pretty good, but a lot more hit or miss than i remember

1, 2 and 3 are all goat, you were right the first time. its 4 where they fucked up. Sounds like later era DJ Shadow but slightly improved. RTJ were actually on a DJ Shadow album and all of his later work is like he is trying to impress some guy who doesn't exist or if he does exist there's like 10 of him in the entire world of how ever billion human beings.

do I don't know what to impress I don't know who

>ITT: Artists/Albums
Can I name a whole genre? Rap/Hip-Hop

oM's early stuff still holds up. Cherry Peel is an excellent record.

if RTJ weren't allowed to say "Run The Jewels" and any variation of it they would just have beat tapes

Hospice