Attached: ledzp.jpg (385x385, 47.58K)

Houses of the Holy

That one

Physical Graffiti

III. They turned to shit after IV anyway

Mothership

^

>early early hard rock
eww. my mom listened to led zeppelin and she thinks it's heavy. kek!

Gays don't like Led Zeppelin, we know.

fpbp

whichever album had Pour Some Sugar on Me

This. Their best song however is off of one of their worst albums (Achilles Last Stand)

IV, HOTH, or PG. The rest is mid.

Their worst song is O..O..O O O OOOOO

For me, probably the debut. IMO Zepp had moments and good songs until the very end of the band, but they never grew or evolved or got smarter or got significantly better at their respective instruments. BUT, they were still very good. On the debut:
>Good Times Bad Times
>Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
>Dazed and Confused
>Communication Breakdown
>How Many More Times

what a killer group of songs. II and IV and Houses of the Holy are on a similar level, Houses of the Holy being my 2nd favorite I think. I don't really "get" Physical Graffiti being propped up as a great record, it just gives me an illusion of concept-rock depth in length. I guess it is dynamic but it's a fucking double album so of course there's some variety there.

When it comes to PURE ROCKING, I think Led Zepp is only infrequently bested. But it's skin deep, there's nothing deeper to latch onto, really. Probably the closest this band ever got to transcendent material was making Babe I'm Gonna Leave You sound like the most apocalyptic thing of all time, though, Vanilla Fudge also sometimes specialized in that same thing.

They're just too big and dumb for their own good, they fit too easily into the Spinal Tap mode to be resurrected or re-appreciated right now.

>They're just too big and dumb for their own good, they fit too easily into the Spinal Tap mode to be resurrected or re-appreciated right now.
Meme opinion. Yet Ten Years Gone and The Rain Song are more sophisticated than the dilettante indie/post-punk garbage you probably listen to

I listened to Zepp for hundreds of hours as a young teenager, and I only just re-visited a few of their albums in the past few weeks. This is a time tested opinion. They are all-timers, but they are also the pre-eminent rockstar bozos. It would be Deep Purple, but Deep Purple doesn't have one quarter of the legacy--or the breadth of quality material--that Zepp has. Robert Plant is such an outrageous performer, which is great, it's part of what puts Zepp over the top--but it also is kind of "over the top", but in another way. The rest of the band is good at matching him, and vice versa, but it's easy to read it as hammy if you're not in the right mood--especially with their blues songs and tropes being so....faithfully, soulfully interpreted, would be a nice way to say it. Zepp definitely rocks. But they lack depth.

Funny side note: I do remember listening to Ten Years Gone on the school bus in middle school and thinking, in an existential way, "Damn. I am 12"

Not really sure how a song like No Quarter or Kashmir lacks depth, unless you'd like to post examples of rock music you think has depth.

Those are two really great examples, sure, No Quarter is absolutely one of my favorite Zepp songs and in a personal way--it was a very early experience for me in my music listening life to hear something that, to me at the time, seemed very psychedelic and "out there". But that doesn't counteract the silliness of the theatrics at play in a song like Black Dog. Which is definitely a great song, but still, "HEY HEY MAMA SAID THE WAY YOU GROOOOOVE"----that just seems a tad silly to me now.

part of the reason i prefer their later-ish era more with the more epic/psychedelic type tunes, but yeah, plant's eccentricities are always there

>Black Dog
such an awesome song. So fucking sexy. A mean and nasty riff portending sheer animal lust. Its brilliant.

WATCH YOUR HONEY DRIP CANT KEEP AWAY....