What do you guys honestly think about Journey?

What do you guys honestly think about Journey?

only the young is a good song. it always blows my mind how ugly these guys were though.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 30.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VcjzHMhBtf0
youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA&ab_channel=journeyVEVO
youtu.be/fBXV1ViwPd8
youtube.com/watch?v=02QDuPb5Bm0&ab_channel=QBAN2010
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've heard their hits so many times that I've become allergic to them, like The Eagles

They killed Rainbow

except the eagles have always sucked

both glenn frey's and don henley's solo careers were better

I could see why teenage girls like their music but thats about it. I mean this is a great song
youtube.com/watch?v=VcjzHMhBtf0

Why would u listen to music that aims to be mediocre? It’s a no from me dawg

Lead singer has a great voice but they’re so fucking over the top and overexposed like Queen that I can’t stand them

because it's fun dipshit. not everything has to be a genre-defining, pretentious, [insert buzzword here]. some music is made just for fun, to put on at a bar with your buddies.
what're you gonna do, put on MPP at the bar? sperg faggot

This song is better imo
youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA&ab_channel=journeyVEVO

gay take

Steve Smith went on to be become pretty big shit in the drumming community.
Most jazz/fusion/big band guys will tell you he's one of the best.

youtu.be/fBXV1ViwPd8

They have one of the all time greatest string of hits. Quality songwriting, playing. But only with Steve Perry

It’s not fun tho. I love you think that’s there’s no middle point between Journey and John Coltrane like ffs

“To put at the bar with your buddies” so you’re actually just a normie lol. I bet you turn up to mr brightside and Africa too, like you don’t even know the meaning of fun

personal fav

youtube.com/watch?v=02QDuPb5Bm0&ab_channel=QBAN2010

Love Journey.
Frontiers and Raised On Radio are my favorites from them.
Neal Schon is a great guitarist.
And of course Steve Perry

Ok any you want it is a fun song and even on that his singing almost ruins it. And like It’s just the most basic pop song there’s like way better pop music lol

lol I just figured it out there pop prog which is kind of a contradiction. The sound of prog but the songwriting is pop, which is so retarded it actually worked

Frontiers [Columbia, 1983]
For those of you who were truly hoping the jig was up this time, I'll remind you of how much worse it could be--this platinum-plated album could be outselling Thriller or Flashdance or Pyromania. My suggestion is for Steve Perry to run as a moderate Republican from, say, Nebraska where his oratory would be well received, and then, having shed his video-game interests, stealthily ram the tape tax through. D+

Attached: christgau7.jpg (259x194, 17.19K)

Elderfag here, I was in high school when Escape came out. It can't be overstated how huge of an album it was, it was everywhere, all the time, total saturation for like a year. They toured behind it and sold out every arena in the country. Literally every 10th song on the radio was Journey, on multiple formats - AOR, Top 40, Adult Contemporary, and that's half the stations on your dial in the early 80's.

But as far as what I honestly think about them, I think they suck. They DO have a handful of good songs, and Steve Perry DOES have a voice that can't be denied. But Neal Schon is a very generic guitarist, the rest of the band is competent but average musicians, there's nothing special happening there EXCEPT...they were very good at writing pop songs disguised as rock songs and thereby gaining a huge crossover audience.

A lot of my friends liked Journey. I never bought in, never went to a concert, never bought an album. But Jeezus fucking Christ I have heard every Journey song at least a thousand times despite my best efforts not to, so that says something for their popularity.

They got airplay in the Midwest and California mostly; in the Northeast you basically just hear DSB and nothing else (I think I heard "Wheel in the Sky" once).

they started out doing prog; those albums didn't sell anything so they tried pop rock but didn't go anywhere with that idea either, and Columbia forced them to take Steve Perry. they didn't want to but were literally starving and threatened with being dropped from the label so they had no other choice. now Steve had no feel for rock and his musical heroes were Aretha Franklin, the Bee Gees, and Sam Cooke. also he fucked his voice up in a hurry with the insane amount of touring they did. by Frontiers you can notice his voice already giving out. at least he had the dignity to retire when he knew he'd lost it instead of being a stubborn dickhead like Paul Stanley trying to sing with the shredded bits of his vocal cords.

This, it’s enjoyable enough music but I wouldn’t willingly ever choose to hear them for the millionth time