So why do we listen to classical? It's all either extremely cliche and predictable...

So why do we listen to classical? It's all either extremely cliche and predictable, ambient muzak that only works as background music, or just plain and forgettable

Attached: mozshart.png (512x512, 433.33K)

nothing wrong with background music

It's better in an auditorium with good acoustics.

Classical music is so evidently superior to all other kinds of music, yet we keep lowering the standards when we talk about other types of music, to avoid the uncomfortable situation where the butt rock dude or the druggy EDM boy gets anal pained when they are told the great masters are better than their shitty hedonistic hero.

Instead of white guilt, in the music world there is "classical" guilt. We keep lowering the standards for other kinds of music to compensate and preserve our dream of marxist culturalism. Of perfect musical relativism. Guess what? It isn't true and the compositional talent and imagination displayed, which is all that counts in the end when we have to say what is worth being saved and what not, is infinitely superior in classical music than in any other form of music.

If your shitty pop muzak is an 8 what the fuck are Beethoven's late string quartets? a 400? most music is barely a 1 to 3, the Beatles fall in here and so do most other popular music with very few exceptions that reach a 4, even a 5. Bartok string quartets would be a 6, 2 degrees of magnitude higher you have works by Brahms and other great masters. Then 9 and 10 are reserved for the highest achievements of human race like Beethoven's late string quartets or his Missa Solemnis or Mass in B minor by Bach or his Brandenburg Concertos.

I have crohns disease and it helps me make toilet

>If your shitty pop muzak is an 8 what the fuck are Beethoven's late string quartets?
4-5

Metal > Classical

it keeps me calm when im driving

>classical music
>cliche and predictable
Classical music is obviously the superior category of music and anybody who doesn't listen to it just hasn't found their genre or style within it. If you think Mozart is too predictable, listen to something entirely different.

Everything falls under one of the three.

Classical music is the kind of music that is the worst for background music, because it's the only kind you need to actually focus on to enjoy. This makes people think they're too smart for it and its just background music, but they are just not following it properly.

Assical fans have to write long ass essays to try and prove their shit isn’t booty

You could say this about any type of music. Anyway, some of it is good.

The first one is pasta, the second one is the truth and not even long, so congratulations on your retarded post

see

64% chance of being bait

If he thinks Mozart is too predictable he shouldn't be allowed to listen to anything because he clearly doesn't deserve music

I think classical music is somewhat outdated, due to improvements in technology etc. But it is still superior than modern music for sure. It represents aristocratic high-culture instead of today's thrash pop music which is for sure mediocre mass culture. I enjoy listening to romantic period.

>why do we listen to classical?
I suspect you don't. Classical music is the least predictable music, except maybe some jazz. You listen to 30 seconds of a pop song you're likely to pretty much know how the rest of it will sound, but you can listen to everything but the last 30 seconds of a symphony and not know what's going to happen. If you do actually listen to it, you might not be paying enough attention

Is it just me or predictable music is way better than unpredictable salad of notes?

>outdated, due to improvements in technology
What do improvements in technology have to do with art? Absolutely nothing. If anything, better technology makes for a worse culture quality-wise.
>It represents aristocratic high-culture
No it doesn't lol the majority of classical music was made by the middle classes for the middle classes.
No, you're right there.

>t. passive listener

The majority of people who listen to classical
or jazz do it because it's some status symbol to show how intelligent or cultured they are. These are the same people who would buy some expensive painting just because it's expensive and some person in the art world approves on it to flex on everyone.

There are legitimate fans of classical or jazz music but they tend to not even put a label on it or feel a need to justify why they are listening to this over something they would rather listen to because they just enjoy it for what it is.