Was it autism?

Was it autism?

Attached: dinosaur-jr-frontman-j-mascis-may-be-rock-s-foremost-ambassador-of-the-fender-jazzmaster-but-a-beloved-1958-telecaster-has-long-been-his-go-to-instrument-for-tracking-solos-the-new-signature-fende.jpg (1200x800, 81.39K)

Yeah probably, and we're better off for it

Lot of famous musicians at least were autistic back in the day,probably way less now. Less people were able to pick up on it.

implying Gay Mascis was ever famous. his legacy is selling squiers to hipsters that can't shred

The fact that he keeps the action on his shitty old Jazzmaster literally an inch high because "he's used to it" yet has all his other guitars set up normally tells you all you need about him. For someone so soft spoken and introverted he sure does like drawing attention to how weird and quirky him and his shitty guitars are

>Noooo J Mascis never smokes weed, that's just the way he is!

Dino Jr fans actually believe this lmao

This. None of them were particularly normal.

I was waiting for their roadie to pass them my YLAOM CD's to sign it, and I started talking to a middle aged couple who wanted the setlist, and they apparently met J when he was buying gear, they said he's a very weird, almost rud, guy, I told them both J and Lou are very weird from all the info I've read on interviews online and books, mainly Our band could be your life, so yes, it is autism, I think Lou "I don't like having friends" Barlow is even more autistic, though

He could smoke weed and also have autism.

great story, fuckhead

Nah, Lou seems like a pushover but is miles ahead of J 'we didn't know what to do after SST and still don't after 30 years' Mascis
That guy is fucking wierd man

Multiple great albums
Amazing guitarist
Sponsored by guitars and amps
Married with kids.

who the fuck are you again?

There hasn't ever been such a wasted potential on any band as much as dinasour jr just going by the motions and never actually trying to make a 10/10 record that they could had done on Bug.
Jesuschrist had J not been a massive control freak asshole autism they COULD had been Nirvana's size had they put the effort. Lou was right and J was a fucking retard that blew it up on by his wandering autistic mind

i know him ama

Unironically what the fuck is his problem? Back in the 80's he seemed fairly normal but since 1990 he seems completely withdrawn from society with the wierd moments of social charisma

Yes. Very based.

well i dont know him that well. i just know from my few interactions that he picks up on very small details. like i had new shoes and he was like "new kicks?" while everyone else was talking about like normal small talk bs.
hes kinda based ngl

Yeah but J is like he's almost oligophrenic, Lou has very autistic tendencies, I find his writing style kinda funny but his social media tirades are a bit deranged, and obviously the rejecting friendship thing is so weird, I can't find the quote right now

>drawing attention
you learned about his high action in an INTERVIEW. get it? he's not out there preaching to the world how weird he is, people just ask him "why he does thing" and he explains.... he was asked a quesiton, and answered it honestly... kill your hateboner or yngmi.

>rejecting friendship thing is so weird
its really not. friends can weigh you down. friends can piss you off. you can piss of friends. for some of us, its best just to be a loner. also, he has friends... his band. and probably a few others. he just doesnt focus on having the worlds biggest friend group like some teenager who needs constant social validation (like you)

Jesus Christ, you took that personal... Sorry if I offended you, but that's no reason to insult me you fucking cunt, he said his bandmates and other colleagues are more like coworkers, I enjoy being a loner too, but pretending my friends aren't truly my friends is kind of weird, he seems like a great and funny guy so I don't think the being alone thing is in any way related to your projection of your own personality, more like autistic traits