How does this make you feel?

How does this make you feel? youtube.com/watch?v=Y0HgOKKDN-Q

tl;dw:

>Level 1 - Limited technique but great songwriting skills: Kurt Cobain, The Edge, George Harrison, Keith Richards, Billie Joe Armstrong

>Level 2 - Limited technique but great songwriting skills + something extra: Daron Malakian, Jimmy Page, Ace Frehley, John Frusciante

>Level 3 - Pretty average ability but amazing improvizers: Franck Zappa, Peter Frampton, John Mayer, Prince, David Gilmour

>Level 4 - Sick rhythm players: James Hetfield, Dave Mustaine, Malcolm Young, Scott Ian, Joe Duplantier

>Level 5 - Sick technique but limited songwriting skills: Michael Angelo Batio, Buckethead, Tosin Abasi, Rusty Cooley, Herman Li

>Level 6 - Sick compositional skills: Brian May, Kirk Hammett, Joe Satriani, Randy Rhoads, Slash

>Level 7 - Sick technique AND sick songwriting skills: John Petrucci, Dimebag Darrell, Marty Friedman, Nuno Bettencourt, Alexi Laiho

>Level 8 - Pioneers and revolutionaries: Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, Yngwie Malmsteen, Tim Henson, Tony Iommi

>Level 9 - Genius savants: Per Nilsson, Shawn Lane, Derek Trucks, Bumblefoot, Richie Kotzen, Mattias Eklundh

>Level 10 - ???: Guthrie Govan

>Honorable Mention: Allan Holdsworth

Attached: 2022-09-13 (2).png (649x446, 317.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPFG33lMBKo
youtu.be/E8H-67ILaqc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPFG33lMBKo

this girl is better than all of them

pretty much garbage on all levels
that is to be expected of these bullshit over-simplificated lists though

that is the most stupid guitarist list i have ever read in mt life

Stop listening to rock music and you'll finally find the good guitarists

>a bunch of literal whos near the end
some boomer made this list right?

Music youtuber = enormous faggot
No exceptions

Hi Tim Henson

well, I think these two anons pretty much covered it here
this thread can be closed since its now over
I cant imagine giving the faggot OP a view...

levels 4 and 6 should be swapped, being a great rhythm player is way more demanding than being a great lead player. Hetfield and Ian are way better guitarists than Hammett or Slash

Level 42 - needs only 4 strings on his guitar

Attached: MarkKing.jpg (276x182, 13.95K)

where fripp?

>Richie Kotzen
>In late-1993, Rikki Rockett, the drummer of Poison, discovered that Kotzen was having a relationship with Rockett's then-fiancee, Deanna Eve. Kotzen was dismissed from the band due to this incident.
well this is based

where de lucia?
where mclaughlin?

>over-simplificated

Level infinity: only needs 1 string
youtu.be/E8H-67ILaqc

Attached: Screenshot_20220913-171447.png (2400x1080, 1.87M)

What about my boy Jerry Cantrell

It's interesting to see all of the youtube and tiktok guitar heroes who seem to play a lot and riff with ideas and cool changes--but without ever really turning it into music. It's like....micro guitar performance. Absolutely something I find appreciable as a player, because I am still a intermediate player--I'm certainly not as good as them. But it does make me wonder what the point of it all is, and like, what that means--generationally--about this batch of guitar players. Is it a progression? Like a second or third generation of kids whose parents or grandparents were guitar players of a lesser caliber, but who aspired to rock gods of the day?

To each their own maybe. My "end goal" of guitar is to play all the great songs I want to and augment my own songwriting ability, and to hopefully someday have a level of proficiency that elevates my own understanding of how music works. Lastly--I am shamefully another bedroom guitarist. How do people join bands anyway? How do you play with other people? I know I would really benefit from playing with others but I'd hate to show up in a room full of strangers and having to find my way to the right note or key the entire time like a jerk. I know I can learn at home--and I am--but you can learn so much more intuitively, and usually a lot faster, by doing something with peers.

Anyway, technical mastery is literally meaningless to me in lists like these. Whether you're some high-tech super-shredder or a guy playing classical guitar it just doesn't matter. That's impressive, it's even music--but it's not interesting. Notes aren't interesting. Compositions are interesting, dynamics are interesting. The most proficient nobodies will gradually slide around and off of this list but there's something more to guitar than sheer technical proficiency.

For me it's

Robert Johnson, most influential blues guitarist
Jimi Hendrix, most influential modern rock guitarist
Davy Graham, most influential folk guitarist
John Renbourn, one of the most virtuosic guitarists full stop

>Level 10 - ???: Dean Ween

Attached: Deaner.jpg (1442x961, 263.16K)

>George Harrison level 1 with Kurt cocaine

What a retard

>no wes
>no joe pass
>not even Django
shit list