Thriller

Why do people insist that this album is one of the greatest albums of all time, like on par with Sgt. Peppers and Pet Sounds? It's not even his best album. As much as I agree that he is a great singer, dancer and entertainer, this album is nothing but typical generic 80s dance-pop and ballad stuff. There is no unique creativity or interesting lyrics there. This album is symbolic of how people have come to judge music by sight rather than by ear. Again, Thriller is not even his best album. His next album, Bad, has a worse and harder synth sound, but at least it contains some much more unique and interesting songs.

Attached: thriller.png (300x300, 135.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PfrV_6yWbEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

'cause this is
THRILLER
THRILLER NIGHT

NIGHT CREATURES CALL AND THE DEAD START TO MASQUERADE

Attached: goku-dancing.gif (640x550, 1.76M)

>The fire in your eyes
>THAH YUSSOF IN YOUR HAND

It was carried by solid singles with great music videos. That's why people remember it so fondly.

Sure the music videos were great, but the single songs itself are just generic 80s party music and mediocre corny ballads (except for Billie Jean)
In the 80s people started judging music by eyes rather than ears, I blame MTV (I know it was great and important for popular culture, but it also has stalled creativity in the music industry)

I don’t know if anyone says that

Ive always liked this album a lot. It’s just the way it flows is cool.

This is one of the best “sounding” albums ever in terms of production and singing it’s pretty much perfect.

This album knocked Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon out of the Top 40.
DSOTM had been on the Top 40 for ten years before Thriller came out.

>I know it was great and important for popular culture
lmao what a retarded take

>this album is nothing but typical generic 80s dance-pop and ballad stuff.
The title track is literally a latin jazz big band cut cowritten with a legendary big band leader, you fucking tone deaf imbecile
Beat It is a hybrid of dance, r&b and rock with Eddie Van Halen sitting in on guitar
Thriller is very experimental and incredibly well crafted, nothing typical or generic about it

I wouldn’t say this is the best album ever BUT I dont think any other album has so fully captured a whole artists charisma and ability as a singer. It’s not designed to be something very deep like those albums it’s meant to appeal to a wide arrange of people as possible.It’s why it’s the biggest album of all time. It’s commercial product but when it sounds this good who cares.

I said it only to prevent bunch of poptimists who love MTV from bitching to me. I do think it has stalled creativity in the music industry and is one of the biggest reasons people started judging music by eyes rather than ears.

Holy shit you're exact the one who judges music by eyes. Without the context it's nothing but a party music. Fuck the context, what about listening to the music itself?

I feel like most 80s michael jackson was mixed like bullshit and only the good ones got remasters and updates
his sonic 3 scores didnt have to meet any standard of pop music the same way, that chiptune is a more directly translated example of his mind's melodic tendencies

For example music of Revolver, Sgt. Peppers, Pet Sounds, etc., are can be understood for their originality and interest without any music video or context. All those who claim that Thriller is Great seem to be more concerned with context than with the music itself.

>His next album, Bad, has a worse and harder synth sound

Bad is superior to Thriller, and this is coming from an Off the Wall and Dangerous gigachad.

>his sonic 3 scores didnt have to meet any standard of pop music the same way

They did, but more towards his New Jack Swing tracks, especially the more "experimental" or less pop friendly cuts he co-produced with Teddy Riley and Bill Bottrell.

youtube.com/watch?v=PfrV_6yWbEg

This is a great example of what I'm talking about. It's still new jack swing, but it's nowhere near as poppy and dance friendly as Black or White, Jam, and In the Closet.

Yes, that's what I said. One of the few things I don't like about it is the synth sound, it's too hard.

when i say "his sonic 3 scores didnt have to meet any standard of pop music the same way" i'm referring to production/mixing

there's this awful clipping flanger in that track every beat excluding the bridge
otherwise this song would be so listenable wtf

sgt peppers is the shittiest of the "good" beatles albums