How much longer before zoomer weaboo faggots forget about city pop and I don't have to be embarrassed to listen to it...

How much longer before zoomer weaboo faggots forget about city pop and I don't have to be embarrassed to listen to it anymore

Attached: e9208978e676a651c5810491ba4d006e9b7f449eea1bec4cf1942e689fc86e2a_1.jpg (640x613, 53.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/release/20684092-Mariya-Takeuchi-Plastic-Love
discogs.com/release/945683-Talking-Heads-Talking-Heads-77
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably be retirement age ngl.

forever. it's enshrined in zoomer canon. listen to less accessible music if unpopularity matters so much to you

The internet is so mean. I've fucked 7 people but I remember how much this would have hurt me when I was a pure young virgin. Don't worry Kings. Sex is not that hard. For all things a season.

Keep your head up.

city pop is based
basically any filtering of western culture by the japs is always a vast improvement
but somehow anime is still the worst thing that exists

Not only weaboos listen to it

If you say you listen to it people will assume you're a weaboo though.

>I-I can't listen to this genre of music because it's popular among people who I don't like!
people like this are so much more pathetic than redditors, shut the fuck up and enjoy what you enjoy, if you let your tastes be dictated by trends and popularity and are "embarrassed" because normalfags like your music, you MUST kill yourself

>not listening to something because its popular
when will millennials stop being like this

You are guaranteed late to this game too. And stop acting so above them, it’s literally just old pop music. Grow up.
No. Everyone listens to it… Do you have eyes? Do you know numbers, how they work? Have you seen how many views this track has? It’s not like that weaboo fandom music bullshit. It’s baseline muh 80s woah beaches and girls but also woah japanese too? music

>Everyone listens to it… Do you have eyes? Do you know numbers, how they work? Have you seen how many views this track has?
52 million views is certainly more than you'd expect for some 40 year old Japanese pop song but it's hardly a lot by modern YouTube standards.
Once in a Lifetime has 54 million and I'd hardly say the average zoomer is listening to the fucking Talking Heads.
It's almost guaranteed given Youtube trends that at least 2/3rds of those views are replays by the same viewer (That's why something like Gangam Style can get 4.5 billion fucking views despite only 5 billion even having internet access) and another significant chunk may well be people who clicked it from their recommended, sat through 20 seconds of it, and never thought about it again. It's not really pulling huge numbers of listeners.
And this is the single most well-known song in it's genre of all time, coming in far below the most generic and middling pop tracks of today in terms of views. Things that truly "everyone listens to" easily break 10 times what Plastic Love has.
Except for like 5 other algorithm-core exceptions, (Stay With Me, 4am, etc), the average city pop album has far fewer views than even this. Sunshower has 2.7mil views. Timely!! has 1.4mil. Pocket Park only has 61k. These are very, very low numbers for music in Youtube terms.

Attached: Capture2.jpg (994x270, 28.69K)

interlinked

Not even the best city pop song.
Also, like any other genre city pop's had a fair shair of garbage. Shocking, I know.

>Not even the best city pop song.
The only people who think it is are the zoomoids who got it in their youtube recs then never listened to another song in the genre

I respect your restrained answer to my kinda mean reply. Check these numbers out tho
discogs.com/release/20684092-Mariya-Takeuchi-Plastic-Love
discogs.com/release/945683-Talking-Heads-Talking-Heads-77
This plastic love track has almost as many wanters as the first talking heads album, after that release has been online for almost about two decades, and the single was only published last year.
Maybe they’re not Logan Paul views like some of the stuff you watch gets, but 6 mil to 1 mil to even 61k are all massive numbers for music uploaded to yt. If Justin Whang is telling the story about the sensation beyond the track’s upload you know it’s gotten to common denominator territory. This is reaching those who spend probably 15 mins on the internet a day. it was spoonfed to all of us, you shouldn’t get so attached to it

Imagine actually giving a shit about what other people think of your taste

Attached: bewildered.png (403x509, 167.86K)

That song is god awful

Just start exclusively listening to "cancelled" or "problematic" artists if you're that insecure about your taste.
That said, fuck zoomer shits.

City pop is bad and you should feel bad for listening to it

Attached: 8bb.jpg (847x900, 50.13K)

And you should tell all your friends about how much you hate Japan on Reddit.com

Attached: 1638463102968.png (1289x292, 67.17K)

>If Justin Whang is telling the story about the sensation beyond the track’s upload you know it’s gotten to common denominator territory. This is reaching those who spend probably 15 mins on the internet a day. it was spoonfed to all of us, you shouldn’t get so attached to it
don't really know how anyone can pretend this is some sort of super obscure genre