What are your thoughts on reaction reviews...

What are your thoughts on reaction reviews? I find them to be much more honest and genuine than "professional reviewers" like Fantano
youtube.com/watch?v=ckvjwcT-Hsw
youtube.com/watch?v=s3wA5c783pA
Just watched these based videos

Attached: reactionv.jpg (480x270, 61.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gFciWhYqFGA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They can be based, but are cringe more often than not

I like them but why is every reviewer a couple of black friends or a black couple pretending like theyve never heard rock music before.

Its like the music nerd reviewers that claim theyve never heard certain songs. Like..."I NEBBA HEARDA SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIWIT...DAMMMMMN THIS DUDE GOT BARS"...Like fuck off. Thats bullshit.

I appreciate the reviewers that try more underground shit and old stuff that would be more understandable that they have never heard it.

Black households don't traditionally play rock music user. It's not an understatement to say rock had become "white people music". Did you go to school or live around black people? And I mean black people who grew up in black areas, because I can tell you from experience they avoided all of that shit

Lex is one of the few reactors I enjoy watching. She seems genuinely excited by music.

The lost in vegas dudes are the only ones i've ever gotten the impression that they weren't faking it the whole way through like 99% of the other channels.

The average black is too low IQ to actually produce content that takes efforts so he resorts to reacting to basic rock songs while smacking his big lips every 10 seconds so he can appear "transformative" under fair use.
Don't call me racist, this is the answer you were hoping to get anyway.

i block reaction shit. i dont care what black people or that charismatic voice bitch or vocal coaches think

I hear you but youre telling me blacks dont hear the most peak famous commercial rock music at the mall, movies, or radio in the car in passing? baloney. Everybody knows Phil Collins, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin and the Beatles just like every white person knows Tupac, Biggie, PDiddy, Eminem etc.

Most of these dudes are full of shit. Lost in Vegas are the OGs GOATs of this content sphere and every other black music reactor after them is a copy cat.

You can also hear something in passing without actually really knowing it too
>just like every white person knows Tupac, Biggie, PDiddy, Eminem etc
I know Pac and Eminem because I had phases with them, but have I heard Biggie and Diddy? Somewhat....I definitely have somewhere, but I couldn't recite a single bar other than "IT WAS ALL A DREAM" and I know Diddy did that 1998 Godzilla song

You could probably show me a popular P Diddy song and I might recognize it, but I definitely don't "know" it

You get my point though. Theyre acting like its a new species theyve never seen before video after video. Now when it comes to more underground shit like obscure indie stuff or metal or really old lesser known classic...okay im down with it. But when they play Heart Shaped Box or Enter Sandman its like...nope. Bullshit.

Dude youve heard Ice Ice Baby. I dont want to hear this "well i dont rly 'know' it". Bullshit...youve heard it.

I promise you it really isn't an exaggeration that a significant portion of black people have NEVER spent time consciously listening to rock or metal.

They aren't really reviews and don't serve that purpose
People have an innate need to share any info they find interesting with other people
This continuous sharing is the glue that holds society together and the means we use to pass on and improve science, technology, literature......everything
People particularly like to share their favorite music, movies, books, which feeds this innate need
The reward is seeing someone react to seeing/hearing something new for the first time
After a while it gets hard to share your favorites because everyone in your social circle has heard your clever concert anecdotes or "best band ever" broadsides ad infinitum
Reaction vids serve this need to share info about something you love with someone and see them them respond to it
They aren't reviews at all, just prepackaged opportunities for you to larp as someone who just turned a new friend on to an old favorite and bask in their excitement and pleasure

Yeah Lex is based

They're shitty and fake,, and I don't watch Fantano either.

Smells Like Teen Spirit was huge among blacks.

Cartier Family is probably the most legit reactors right now. They are roommates in a college in Louisiana. They literally have no idea. They dont even have a Youtube Premium account and you see all the ads lol. You get like 3-6 dudes perspectives and their commentary is so lowkey ignorant and hilarious its so refreshing. Check those dudes out. They do Sports, Music and Comedy.

No it wasn't.

i dont think you realize how divided the races were til the 2010s. for awhile, gen x and gen y black people made a conscious effort not to listen to white artists.

lol no. unless youre a zoomer. zoomers are growing up in a homogenized culture.

They're inherently dishonest, they are always pandering to fans of the bands for views and profit. They tend to be more insightful than critics but that's not saying much

>Niggas Listen to Slipknot for the First Time
>first 2.5 minutes is them talking about football
>they're too dumb to edit it out.
youtu.be/gFciWhYqFGA

the fuck you talking about. im 37. in the 1990's racism easnt shit compared to what it is today. People are way more divided than they were in the 1990s.

Cartier Senpai. Thats who I was talking about. Love these dudes because you know they are legit and havent heard shit. They literally dont care. People come and go during their videos. They got youtube ads still lol. Not professional at all and that makes it good.