*plays random notes*

*plays random notes*

Attached: thelonious.jpg (640x640, 53.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L3kEnoXaYYo
youtu.be/oPgg01dtw_U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like how at the end of this tune it sounds like he's about to play a little tag, but it's just one random note
youtu.be/L3kEnoXaYYo

Go back to mu core fantano grips swans bcnr

Jazz musicians are pretending right?

could’ve posted any jazz musician

he is filling in actual notes with different notes. Absolutely amazing.

>could’ve posted any jazz musician
uh no.
often imitated. never replicated.

Herbie Nichols was the only guy who played like Monk competently and interestingly imho

Jazz is really good for improvisation, but I'm more into fusion.

I think Miles Okazaki pulls it off, obviously the result of years spent delving deep into Monk and Monk alone.

Forgot about that dude, I need to revisit some of his stuff. Thanks for the reminder.

Not completely random, they are random within a certain scale usually

youtu.be/oPgg01dtw_U
>plays nothing but quarter note triplets for a straight minute

agreed. kinda. I was thinking about him when I made my post but fired it off nonetheless.
Herbie was wonderful but still not Monk.

now i'm gonna throw some Herbie Nichols vinyl down on to the TT. cheers

>Jazz is really good for improvisation, but I'm more into fusion.
I haven't been able to get in to fusion yet. Maybe some day but I really dislike synthesizers so maybe not...i'm open to recommendations though.

I really like Herbie Hancocks early fusion albums, much more experimental and out there compared to what fusion later settled in sound wise. Sextant is the shining beacon of that era but Mwandishi is also really good.

Though there are some fusion artists that have released great records outside of the fusion genre, the fusion genre itself is rather dull.

Attached: 71ErsTvXTNL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 165.58K)

>Miles Okazaki
Interesting..i'm not familiar with him. Thanks! I will check him out.
This is why I love music boards.

thank you! I will Check it out. JM was one of the dudes I was gonna check out.

He's recorded Monk's complete oeuvre, I suggest starting with that. His original stuff is kind of an acquired taste, but really good if you're into stuff like Steve Coleman, Henry Threadgill, Rudresh Mahanthappa, Vijay Iyer and so on.