I'm really fucking surprised, I didn't expect much and this is the best album in years, since TSHF probably...

I'm really fucking surprised, I didn't expect much and this is the best album in years, since TSHF probably, maybe even since CW

Attached: The-Sick-The-Dying-And-The-Dead-Megadeth.jpg (1200x1200, 204.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MCR5EOF5I0I
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's your favourite track ?
Mine is this planet's on fire
Feels really new from them

It's lit and legit

After my fifth relisten here's my review. I'll give it 8.8, easily megadeth fourth best album and their best since rust
>The Sick, the Dying... and the Dead! : 9.2
great intro, catchy riffs and great transition from acoustic to fast part, kiko solo is masterpiece
>Life in Hell : 9.1
dirk wrote this track, dave vocals are great during the second half, love his growls, fast, brutal
>Nightstalkers : 8.4
Amazing main riff, it could've lead to something else after bass break, last solo is perfect outro, vocal melody after ice t part sucks :
>Dogs Of Chernobyl : 9.7
Godlike intro, acoustic guitar changing with dave massive chuggy riff leading to verse reminded me of good mourning, beautiful chorus, first solo is evil, haunting really a masterpiece from kiko, and then sudden change after chorus, bass, drums and good old chug riff. i don't know which solo is dave but last solo was amazing as well, and then a great drum fill and last riff, the last riff should've been replaced with verse riff.
>Sacrifice : 7
a heavy metal esque track, good verse riff but it gets repetitive
>Junkie : 8
first half is nothing special, heavy metal riffs, second half, great solo duel and then the fast part
>Killing Time : 9
Dark, heavy, great riff and amazing chorus, beautiful acoustic break

It's a bunch of dog doodoo.

Dogs of Chernobyl
also Planet's on Fire is a cover

Based authentic real metalbro

>Soldier On! : 7
A radio track, good chorus but repetitive
>CĂ©lebutante : 9.4
Groovy, old school thrashy riffs reminiscent of KIMB, head crushing breakdown, slow beautiful kiko riff. changing between fast and slow, and the highlight, the last 40 seconds, kiko starting the solo slow and making it fast and then dave solos making it even faster and dirk banging those drums, causing an insane dopamine rush
>Mission To Mars : 10
Bands most weirdest track, extremely corny lyrics, intro starts with bass and a weird riff, and then a massive fucking chunky riff making you bang your head like a maniac and it matches perfectly with other riff in background. Amazing catchy riffs and chorus, but the real deal is the second half, a beautiful solo leading to lightning fast riffs with those perfect drums and then you'll bang your head like an animal while that double bass wrecks you.
>We'll Be Back : 8.5
first riff is not that good, another great solo duel, cheesy chorus, and then the second part, that chunky riff leading to slow and melancholic solos and then a heavy breakdown, ending the album with a dirk blast

I think I agree with most of what you say, I'd give killing time a 10 though
Yeah but it surprised me it's totally out of their portfolio and Dave sounds great

LEGIT BANGER

Celebutante, but it's hard to choose right now. Night Stalkers may take some time to grow on me.

Are they letting Dirk play drums? I saw them live after Dystopia and he was playing so far below his ability it was sad.

As I said in the last /metal/, really really good all rounder. At the moment We'll Be Back and Celebutante stand out for me.

Maybe I need to let it sit for a while but at the moment it's below the best two tracks off Dystopia (Threat and Fatal Illusion) BUT above most others on that album, especially the filler songs towards the end. Hence why I call it a good all rounder.

The lyrics are meh with a few exceptions. It feels like Dave just had to put something together for most songs but some like Dogs of Chernobyl are decent. Overall not as inspired as his usual work but that bears in mind this is what, album no. 16?

I'm still on the fence about Ice-T's cameo lol. Night stalkers is not among my favorites so the cameo really won't swing any opinions I have about it.

Overall they put the bangers towards the end, straight up FUN on the last few songs which is really good considering how old the band is. I'm honestly jhst glad this isn't another Supercollider or Risk so there's that.

He is playing the drums but I don't think he's playing below his ability all the songs on this album are really demanding
I honestly don't get why he featured ice T, you could've got anybody else if you wanted a rap camel, ice t just spoke some lines

>I honestly don't get why he featured ice T
friendly reciprocation

Well it wasn't a good decision

>every article and ad says "featuring ICE T"
>every discussion site from plebbit to 4chins is talking about loving or hating THE ICE T part
>I actually listen to the song
>Ice T part is coming
>holy shit
>the ANTICIPATION
>Ice T says "yo we gonna fuck you up" for 5 whole seconds
>that's it?
>that's it
I don't get it bros...

>Supercollider
Why shit on their best album? Or is that needle dick Fagtano speaking?

Mission To Mars is the most fun I've had listening to a metal song in a while

it's actually dreadful. falls off around dogs of chernobyl after a semi promising start

> Night Stalker is about the 160th Battalion with the U.S. Army, and it's all the black-ops helicopters that go in at night, nobody knows they're there, they're in, they're out. "I had my buddy Ice T join me on a part in the middle of it, because Ice was a Ranger in the army, and he did two tours over in Afghanistan…I think that was back in '91, when I first met him. I know he was a Ranger.

great album , very diverse in a good way.
dirk and kiko kill it on this record.
but I'm little disappointed that this didn't make it to the album
youtu.be/MCR5EOF5I0I