Why are his guitar solos so bluesy?

why are his guitar solos so bluesy?

Attached: 640px-Tony-Iommi_2009-06-11_Chicago_photoby_Adam-Bielawski.jpg (640x956, 128.5K)

boomers are influenced by the bluesy parts of rock and roll (the worst parts)

He literally only knew the pentatonic scale and that's it. He doesn't know any music theory beyond that

He started playing the blues, 12 bar blues. His biggest influence early on was Chuck Berry.

Actually, I found a lot of his stuff on the first two albums akin to be-bop jazz, but, yes, there is definitely a lot of blues in his leads.

Such stupid comment, man. He knows a lot more about music than you and me. You are not familiar with Black Sabbath discography, are you?

I guess you never listened some old Sabbath bootlegs because if you did then you would know that he can play jazz as well. In fact, that pissed Ozzy off because Tony would go into these wild improvisations and Ozzy didn't like that.

Man, you don't know what you are talking about lol

Right on, man! He knows how to play a little bit of jazz as well! Planet Caravan has a jazzy solo, it has that jazzy feeling.

I was thinking more along the lines of A Bit of Finger, the instrumental interlude in Warning, and Rat Salad, but Planet Caravan has a definite smooth jazz feel. Also the middle of Iron Man to a certain extent.

Theoryfags think this is a legitimate gotcha

In Warning when he starts to go nuts on the solo I definitely get a jazzy feel. Not much because of the notes he's playing, but the way he's playing, his flow. It's like he's playing a jazz flow but with pentatonics, something like that. lol

Tony Iommi has a fucking degree in arts, because of his contribution to music, and he never went to college lol The guy is a fucking legend.

>be aspiring guitarist
>lose ends of fingers
You'd get the blues too, user.

Because that's where heavy metal comes from

(the only good parts)

>He doesn't know any music theory beyond that
This is probably why he's a good musician.

I keep wondering, if he didn't have that accident, would music today be very different? So many people claim that, but im not so sure. Rock was heading that direction anyway.

>honorary degrees
>meaning anything
Grow up

Hendrix was already a thing. Everything that the 70's hard rock bands amount to is being heirs of Hendrix

Gonna cry? Faggot

I prefer his Planet Caravan solo to Dimebag's

>because of his contribution to music
Uh, no. Because of the college's need for publicity.