The only form of criticism midwits come up with is "pretentious"

>the only form of criticism midwits come up with is "pretentious"

Attached: EZsZ6TAX0AEK4Hv.jpg (399x400, 15.06K)

I don't call artists pretentious unless I find out they both suck and are from Los Angeles then I think it's okay in that case

Pointing out that you think you're better than what you are is a valid criticism. The fact that you don't grasp this goes to show how pretentious you are.

Still better than saying something is 'overrated' which isn't even really a criticism at all.

OP is shallow and pedantic

I just believe that "pretentious" is such a gay fucking buzzword beyond a negative connotation which loses its meaning.

The ultimate midwit argument is what you’re doing. Whining about a word you don’t like, saying nobody understands it correctly, or that it’s simply uncool/dumb to use the term at all.

midwits

"pretentious" has always been a meaningless buzzword, but only nitwits say midwit

>meaningless
Nah, it means somebody acting like they’re a deep artist when they make retarded trash. People just hate it being used because you can’t counter it.

Sorry you can't be assed to open a dictionary and see that all the criticism is correct.

Attached: file.png (1000x871, 407.9K)

It insists upon itself.

>it's dated
>it's corny
>it hasn't aged well

Attached: disdain.jpg (375x417, 47.81K)

>says plebs
lol but dated is wrong

kys pleb

Based

Most pretentious reply itt

not why that makes you a midwit but ok frogposter

What's the pretense?

sometimes you can't counter it because calling something pretentious implies an assumption about an artist's intent which you rarely have real insight into so it becomes an empty accusation and how do counter that other than with a simple "no"

this pretty much
but this whole framing of art as being comprehensible even to the artist is what’s midwit
it’s just so strange to me that people will take something inherently postmodern like art and try to exercise control over it