What should I listen to next?

Attached: F805724A-2461-416B-8287-ACDEF585905F.png (1284x2778, 1.66M)

Helmet - Meantime

Attached: 1645868287154.png (1000x1000, 1.56M)

Actually listen to the whole Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge album instead of just listening to one or two songs, faggot

I do listen to the entire album

This

Syro by Aphex Twin

Attached: a2665747684_16.jpg (700x700, 39.63K)

playlists are so gay, if there is a song you want to listen to then listen to the whole album

you are a fuckin emo don't try to disguise it with Miles and Albert King you faggot

>Seishun Kyousoukyoku
>a fucking naruto OP song next to Mile Davis

leave this board

What should I listen to next, Any Forums?

Attached: fire playlist.png (1723x883, 667.16K)

You're all over the place lol, Steven Universe caught me off guard lmao. Dig into Motown or somethin

stop listening to individual songs. it's very normie

The album vs. individual song thing is particularly idiotic but really any form of pretension about pop/rock music is just beyond laughable. You might as well be getting mad at someone for watching Family Guy episodes out of order and not experiencing the story arc as the auteur intended. Unless you’re writing a thesis on Boulez or some shit there’s always going to be somebody with more “sophisticated” taste than you so you might as well stop polluting the board with your weak gatekeeping, because in any serious discussion of music you would most likely be the ones getting gatekept. The pseudointellectual atmosphere around modern popular music is really one of the more impressive exercises in mass delusion I’ve ever witnessed, it’s honestly sad.

Deftones

nobody said this guy listens to these songs only. i also listen to füll albums and give a heart to the songs i liked the most. maybe user just wanted to show us which individual songs he liked the most out of the albums he's recently listened to

this nigga pays for his music lmao

>The album vs. individual song thing is particularly idiotic but really any form of pretension about pop/rock music is just beyond laughable. You might as well be getting mad at someone for watching Family Guy episodes out of order and not experiencing the story arc as the auteur intended. Unless you’re writing a thesis on Boulez or some shit there’s always going to be somebody with more “sophisticated” taste than you so you might as well stop polluting the board with your weak gatekeeping, because in any serious discussion of music you would most likely be the ones getting gatekept. The pseudointellectual atmosphere around modern popular music is really one of the more impressive exercises in mass delusion I’ve ever witnessed, it’s honestly sad.

its more like watching only certain scenes of a movie, or skipping half of a show and only watching the "interesting" parts

>tourist spotify thread

But my example was predicated upon the assertion that the types of albums in question do not in fact tend to have the coherence of a long-form narrative, but rather are more analogous to an episodic "narrative" consisting of similar but usually completely independent pieces.

This is of course ignoring the fact that music is also a much more purely aesthetic form than a movie; even if you're talking about a movement of a symphony, it can be enjoyed out of context in a way that one part of a narrative could not be, because it has musical properties which are inherently beautiful on their own.

most pop/rock albums don't work like movies

this fucking retard made me change my mind, what the fuck do i do now

youre right user, you make a pretty good point

Attached: 1661660462358479.png (550x534, 294K)

I'm sure there are a lot of cases where a listener is in fact missing something important about a song by not listening to the full album, it just triggers me when people try to do the superiority circlejerk thing about something that is not especially serious in the first place. It seems like on this board the ratio of perceived to actual intelligence is particularly out of whack (present company excepted of course), and there's often an obnoxious dismissive bitchy effeminate attitude that goes along with it, I guess just because it's more adjacent to twitter culture than other boards.