I gotta give them credit for predicting Nickelback a few years early. Still ahead of the curve at that time

I gotta give them credit for predicting Nickelback a few years early. Still ahead of the curve at that time.

Attached: img47.jpg (372x372, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xnWGJoPvQ5U
youtube.com/watch?v=GFC4OFWIPtw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

well ackshially Nickelbacks first album Curb came out the same year in 1996

AND NOW I WAIT MY WHOLE LIFETIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

idk man I prefer these songs to their 80s albums but that's just the headspace i'm in at the moment

understandable. hopefull you'll beat depression and go back to enjoying their 80s material

I love the intro to King Nothing, but meh.

That's not STP
youtube.com/watch?v=xnWGJoPvQ5U

Attached: stone temple pilots.jpg (3662x2547, 742.44K)

The general direction rock was moving during this time, and what would be its sorry downfall, was towards shitty redneck buttrock that mostly existed as background music for AutoZone commercials.

they still had a level of power and musicianship Nickelback never came close to not to mention actually having guitar solos but yeah I can see that this album portended bad things to come.

I honestly would have liked Metallica more if they went for this direction for the rest of their career. Them trying to replicate the sound of their youth is sad

I feel Load/Reload are better summer albums while RTL/MOP work better in fall and winter.

the 90s is farther from us now than the hippie 60s were when this video was recorded.

so, yeah, the late 90s industry plants that were cultivated by the sopranos came out in that eta, yr nickelbackmudvayne growlermeanspoop bands.

only eddie lives arms raised in a V. & the dead lay in newstories below

youtube.com/watch?v=GFC4OFWIPtw

Why does Load - St. Anger albums get lyric quoted so much more than the rest of their stuff

I agree the redneck-ifcation of rock starts becoming noticeable in the 90s once blues came back into style and displaced 80s shredding.

WHERE'S YOUR CROWN, KING NOTHIIIIIING?
Load is a good album, kick rocks

That's probably the track I listen to the most and I emphatically dislike "Until It Sleeps."

Outlaw Torn is very underrated

I fucking love Load and Reload. Remove like 2 song from each and they'd be 10/10

IT CREEPS YOU SO HOOOOOOLD MEEEEEEEEEEEAAH

Load and Reload have some good gems on them, but never should have been split albums. Once again we can blame Lars for making that decision for monetary reasons. Imagine if we got one solid album with Bleeding Me, Fixxxer, Hero of the Day, Fuel, Unforgiven 2, etc. Would have been so much better...

They still have the same problem of not knowing when to trim fat off their albums. Death Magnetic and Hardwired were solid albums but are plagued with having 3 or 4 songs that should have been cut. I mean HWTSD was a double album. Every song on the back half except for Spit Out the Bone should have been cut. Murder One, ManUnkind, Am I Savage all = garbage