The most underrated band that zoomers have never heard of

The most underrated band that zoomers have never heard of

Attached: the jam.png (744x747, 771.39K)

zoomer here
haven't listened to them a lot, but i heard Going Underground on VH1 Classic when i was like 12 and had a passive interest in them for decent bit.
Private Hell is their best song, but I love their cover of Heatwave too.

Attached: 1630917631579.png (138x65, 2.63K)

Nah its just Americans
Jam are unknown over there. Even Style Council sold more records in USA.
Theyre still big with lads in the UK

They never broke America is what I meant to say ffs

there's plenty of well known british bands and singers that aren't the beatles

it kind of makes sense. the jam is more mod rock and very english sounding, style council is more r&b/synthpop and fits in on the american radio better.

They just never broke America, there not underrated in the uk every single British person on this board knows them there very good. They were pretty huge as well they had like 5 no 1 hits, Paul Weller is very famous. There not underrated outside of the uk cause there unknown there not rated at all

the zombies probly

Lol of course lmao the British literally ruled the American charts throughout the 60s and 80s. Some British bands are even bigger in the us then the Uk like Depeche Mode

>le underrated le zoomers le boogeyman le me special!!!!!!!!
i despise this shit. talk about the music instead, puto. look at the other posters, they're doing it correctly.

didn't even know those guys were british, love their stuff though

When you say underrated do you mean by the like the people on this board or by the general public? Cause like to general even the velvet underground are underrated I guess cause the general public are morons. But no to actual fans of rock music the zombies are very well appreciated

damn it i meant to quote the op here i need to drink some more water and calm down sorry first poster you're fine by me

Oh sorry you meant Depeche Mode lol yeah I could see how you wouldn’t know they were British sorry

Even then Style Council weren't really big in the US, they had 1-2 minor hits that got some play on r&b stations in the mid 80s (Ever Changing Moods and You're the Best Thing) and aren't widely recognized. They just managed to chart which The Jam weren't able to do. They're legends in the UK but virtual unknowns in the US, considered an underground alternative/punk type band.

ah i was just thinking of zoomers in general

>unknown in America
>absolutely massive in South Africa & Australia
>he had no idea until he played there years later

Attached: 2.jpg (464x375, 31.32K)

i play on college radio and I know at least two girls who play some of their songs once in a while

Saw these guys live back in the day at local clubs. Was awesome.

Sadly The Jam were even more British than The Kinks, and you can't get any more British than that.

I was an unabashed Jam fan back in the day, and nobody knew who they were, or why I was so obsessed with them. (I'm an American, in case you're wondering) Sure the first two albums with their Pete Townsend-esque crashing guitar chords and feedback are GOAT, but I think they really came into their own with All Mod Con (I have an original pressing with Billy Hunt. Still don't understand why that song got pulled and was replaced with The Butterfly Collector)and Setting Son. Paul Weller, IMHO was an absolute genius to be writing songs about middle age and mid life crisis at 21. Sound Affects is GOAT, but rather weak. Still has a lot of good moments. The Gift saw Paul's soul boy roots showing, and his desperation to start The Style Council.

Too British for American audiences, and that's a shame, because they're quite enjoyable. I got to see them in Chicago twice before they broke up.

Most British mums and dads love The Jam and Paul Weller