How do you guys write lyrics? I feel like i have nothing interesting to say about anything...

How do you guys write lyrics? I feel like i have nothing interesting to say about anything, I think i'm too boring of a person

Attached: HatePuter.jpg (720x696, 71.45K)

99% of my lyrics are trash. I think you will write shitty lyrics if you try to write things that sound like lyrics. Just write something expressive and then maybe later make it rhyme or something.

maybe don't make art if you have nothing to say

>Just write something expressive
this basically and be genuine about it. doesn't have to be profound

What genre of music? If it's rap lyrics, the process is different, if it's rock or pop, the process is again, different.

they write themselves

Attached: 1660612133379.png (600x600, 360.96K)

>I feel like i have nothing interesting to say about anything
well, you probably don't, because you're probably pretty young and spend all day on the internet
fortunately, there are solutions:
1) who cares, just write about being a teenager who sits on the internet all day. no one's going to listen to the music you're writing right now anyway (and if they do they'll give you a pass because you're young) so use this time to get practice writing songs.
2) if your life is boring, make up a person and write songs about their life.
3) write songs based on, well zoomers don't read books, but movies or tv shows you've seen or whatever.
make yourself write a song every day or every week, whatever you think is do-able, even if it sucks. actually, purposefully write something that sucks. it's just about practicing the craft. the quality will come with time. right now you need quantity.

>just write something expressive and then maybe later make it rhyme or something.
they don't even need to rhyme depending on the genre of music

I'VE GOT NOTHING TO SAY

Attached: Glenn-Dnazig-Misfits-Credit-Alison-Braun-Michael-Ochs-Archives-Getty-Images@2000x1500[1].jpg (2000x1500, 204.52K)

shut off your ego nerd
then maybe you'll have something to say

People don't write from experience, most songs follow a pattern.

these days i just sing and see what lyrics come out. but i have written at least a thousand "lyrics" most terrible as well as assorted poetry and short stories, and novel, and smol informative books [~30 pages each]

iow, for first projects just write what u can. It will be bad most likely. But even very popular things have bad lyrics, so mayb u can still become popular [if this is motivator 2 u].
And if other motivator is yours, then rest assured that u will improve, purely through confidence if nothing else, thru repetition.

This might sound really retarded, but I mumble gibberish until I've got a basic melody/rhythm down. If possible I try to get the whole structure for the verse down. I think it's important to get the verse first because that's where the story of the song is.

Then I fuck around with different sounds until a random sentence appears in my head that works with that melody/rhythm. If I like it, I keep it. If I don't, I keep trying, I go with basic instinct here I don't give a single shit about meaning.

As I keep doing this, I slowly start to realise that I'm talking about something here, and I try to vaguely flesh out whatever theme I've begun to establish.

My opinion is that you shouldn't be thinking too much about meaning with lyrics. For two reasons. One because that's an easy way to write shitty cringe lyrics, and two because I should realise what you were doing after you've done it. You should just let instinct and taste drive you when being creative. Focusing on meaning will not only force you to throw away lyric after lyric, it'll also mean that you won't be saying anything interesting. Your subconscious is way more interesting than you could ever hope to be on purpose.

That's how I do it anyway. I used to have your problem so it might be useful to you. Just remember that music is an aural art form. Not a literary one.

Nah, hold onto your ego. Don't follow the path of Love.

If you don't follow a structure you will be criticized, you have to learn poetry and songwriting techniques so you will get the hang of it. Most people don't write from experience.

Men should stop writing lyrics :/

that means you

lyrics are easy

I can't find a way to put this to music yet

Just do 5 minutes everyday

I’ve been alive for a while
Looking for a view
that’s worth the climb
a punishment that’s worth the crime/time

A tableau that’s at least as nice
as Belmonts
soarin/smoked/alit/ over the Burrard Bridge
Oblation of lungs
to fuel the fire inside

A sublimation of mastery of fire, agriculture, and industry
all in service of a life shortinin Byronic good time
With a heartful of love for a pair of Brown Eyes
Looking down over the edge at the water
watch the lamplight shine
in the ripples
listening to Grimes
on a Saturday night

When the earth was first meeting the sky
and the Red Morning Light
was all so new
I was taught and had faith
this place was yours and mine

At 27 many of my heroes are trainwrecked or have died,
or castrated, crouching in caves,
licking their wounds,
plotting the second acts of their lives

It's always amazing, how long it takes to see what’s in front of your eyes

That the only thing better than cigarettes is practice
Than Oblivion, restraint is all that’s more sublime
Better slightly than raging against the dying of the light
is knowing roughly when to be quiet

More ecstatic than visions
Is ancient, sacred (zenthuni) peace of mind

lol all the greatest poets were men.

Uncultured. There were many female sages that wrote vedic hymns, and those poems have had thousands of years of cultural impact.

lmao, get nu material