Will i ever listen to jazz

Mutards, I have serious problem. I cant get into jazz, not because I dont like it, but because whenver I listen to it(this happens with classical music) I feel like I need to understand 70000+ hours of intense and deep jazz theory just to like it and fully appreciate it. Do I need to know more than basic theory? Can I just listen to it, and say oooh I like how this song sounds?

Attached: kindpng_148169.png (483x378, 150.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/__OSyznVDOY
youtube.com/watch?v=ECyfX1OR_nk
youtu.be/Yadc2paUm-8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

i will listen to jazz, or i need to know theory to listen to jazz

You don't need to learn the theory, user.

youtu.be/__OSyznVDOY

fuck off
listen, i play a non melodic instrument (drums) and i can't play jazz music for shit (if you count offbeat noodling and free improv as free/avant jazz) but i still love jazz music. If you need recs, i will be happy to give you some, from the most basic ones (Bill Evans) to a little more hardcore stuff (mid era Miles Davis), then into more hardcore territory (Ornette Coleman) then into the most sacred debts of jazz crosover like jazz punk (John Zorn for example). You can also say what instruments you would like most to hear in a jazz setting/album and i will help you, friend. In short, you don't need to know theory to like jazz.

Allow me to clarify
>Can I just listen to it, and say oooh I like how this song sounds?
Yes

this is how all music works

You need testosterone to appreciate jazz

Yeah it’s about the vibe. If it sounds good, it’s good. You don’t need to understand jazz. Nobody does.

>can I just listen to it, and say oooh I like how this song sounds?
Yes, that's what I do and I've always enjoyed it. Jazz is still music, it's intended to sound good

I've listened to very little jazz, but I really dig this: youtube.com/watch?v=ECyfX1OR_nk

i like raymond scott and salsa dura

mingus is actually an asmr pioneer
youtu.be/Yadc2paUm-8

I was listening to jazz even when I was 3. youre just not elite like us. KYS.
plus u probably have low iq. according to searches ppl who like classical music and jazz have high IQ.

Nigga jazz is lireally the same as any other music you just have to dig the vibe of it. It’s not intellectual no matter what any retard who thinks there clever tells you.

Attached: 0B01F0DA-1064-438A-AA1A-1548C636F114.jpg (1456x2048, 395.05K)

>I feel like I need to understand 70000+ hours of intense and deep jazz theory just to like it and fully appreciate it.
That's horseshit. Just listen to it.

just listen 2 it and enjoy it or not. I only lyke jazz in certain settings, but u mite find difference.

i think to truly understand jazz you only need to be able to appreciate an instrumentalist, and understand improv vs. composed. obviously it's not an in-depth understanding, but it's enough to appreciate it beyond thinking "this vibes no cap". for classical, i believe you only need to appreciate composition, and the feeling the piece creates. after all, at the end of the day, besides lullabies and old folk songs, classical may be the most recognized form of music worldwide

Knowing theory is only necessary if you plan to critique or review the music in question. Even then, you don't need to know everything about music theory to adequately voice your opinion on it. But if you're just listening to music to pass the time, you don't need to know any of that. The idea that you can only appreciate jazz or classical if you're a studied musician is simply untrue, in my opinion.

I can't either,seems twatty desu. Idk just don't worry about it.

yeah? doesn't everyone do that? i don't know anything about musical terms like alto or soprano or whatever but if music sounds good to ya it sounds good, if it sounds shit to ya it sounds shit