Is just me who thinks the concept of albums is dated...

Is just me who thinks the concept of albums is dated? There's gotta be a better way to release songs that we're not seeing

Attached: 55ba87b8dd0895c81c8b4581.png (1106x1012, 557.79K)

Until the 1900's people bought sheet music to play at home.

normies don't give a fuck about albums

Normies don't give a shit about anything who cares

Just listen to compilations and singles then, pleb

youtube video of a soundcloud rip with anime gif loop

>There's gotta be a better way to release songs that we're not seeing
It's called streaming services, you have access to the artist's whole catalog already, there's nothing to improve on the listener side of things.

>single - 1 song
>EP - 2-6 songs
>album - 6-??? songs
What alternative do you propose? Something smaller than a single? Something larger than an album?

Forgot, singles can have 2 tracks if we're counting the B side

You could add another tier by making a distinction between an "album" and an "anthology" if you so chose.

>Albums = movies
>Songs = scenes
It's the perfect way retard. If you listen to songs separately you're retarded. No one watches movie scenes randomly or if they do they're retarded.

No, "albums are obsolete" is a pretty old meme propagated by "electronic music" listeneres whose favorite producers are too retarded to compose more than one track. It's hilarious how certain retards on this board were saying streaming services are going to kill albums for good, when they basically reinvigorated an album as the coolest most important pop music format
>2022
>B-sides

The album has become an artform in itself, so there's no getting rid of it at this point. A song will sound different depending on the song that came before it and the song that comes after. People realize this and keep it in mind when putting songs together on an album, even ones that sound like a random collection of songs.

Albums weren't a thing until WW2 and they mostly sold singles.

The album is not going away because is the way real artist with something to say prove thelselves and release a proper body of work

But I do think pop musicians should embrace the single, and stop the pretense that they are artist when they release a 50min sludge of boring garbage
>Pop musician as 'famous', or looking for fame or a corporate slut
That includes, rappers, pop musicians, country, dance music, i mean anything, modern AC/DC, guns and roses etc, people that don't care about the music

There's nothing wrong with fun music, but jesus if you can't make a good album DON'T do it, you are not impressing anyone but retards, get good or embrace being on music for the fun of it. Look at Electronic music or R&B, nothing wrong with making good pop music

If you can make an album of great pop music that's fantastic, if you don't get over yourself and stop trying to look like you deserve it

Eps for me it's for when an artist doesn't have enough material or money to release a proper album but want to make something anyway. No shame with that.

It's called youtube, wake up dude

I’ve been playing out this “Single” that’s got three songs on it lately

Singles all the way

I'm with you on this

Why is/was (idk) Forever 21 selling selling record players then? Something isn't adding up.

Albums aren't movies you retard and on the majority of albums the songs are completely separate from all the other songs