Why does Any Forums hate them?

Why does Any Forums hate them?

Attached: 4a6a87701148b9392cff6259eb38e14b.1000x1000x1.png (1000x1000, 840.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r27RSEDcfks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mediocre dishonest middle class hacks

SHARIF DON'T LIKE IT

Filtred by great pop music.

For me? Train in Vain

Elvis did it better

[do do doo, do do doo, do do doo doo doo doo doooooo] aaaahhhh guns of brixton

Pretty much fot the same the reason that Any Forums shits on the stones.

We don't, they're good

I like the Dropkick Murphies version of that song
youtube.com/watch?v=r27RSEDcfks

Because Uncle Phil gets too emotional when he drinks wine

The Clash were the fakest band of all time. They had rich, politically connected fathers who sent them to posh art schools, and they tried to pass themselves off as working class populists.
>Joe Strummer was no different. It was terrible the way he died, but it needs saying that he wasn't the savviest cultural commentator. His politics were all over the place; bluster over substance, that's what he represented. We supported The Clash in New York in 1981. Belting out naive generalizations in front of this backdrop that went from the Yorkshire Ripper to pictures of kids being coshed; all very clichéd. It was like watching the news in your living room with The Clash playing in the corner. Everybody knows it's wrong. But coming at it from that angle is pointless, thoughtless even.

>The sad thing about it all is he distanced himself from his middle-class background and education, appropriated this tough heart-on-the-sleeve messenger stance so convincingly, but lacked the wit to take it anywhere fresh. He was preaching to the converted, and I don't just mean his fans, but himself as well. He daren't offend anybody, because they'd just charge him with being a phoney, and he daren't look at it in a sceptical way, because then he'd be employing his privileged education. That was the crux of his problem.

>daren't
what the fuck

cause he has an empty fuckin stomach

It's pretty obvious. Their music's still pretty good, especially B-sides.

Great pop band but people hate Strummer

user is quoting some article written by an east coast elite boomer trying to impress some British people.

YOU SAY YOU STAAA AAND BY YOUR MAN BUT TELL ME SOMETHING I DONT UNDERSTAND

>used to be Any Forumss favorite album
>it's hated now
What happened?

Attached: 1636086215437.jpg (500x371, 40.72K)

I enjoy their music and this album, but dislike their politics. Rock Against Racism? I am the racism!

that's actually a Mark E Smith quote

KICK OVER THE WALL

CAUSE GOVERNMENTS WILL FALL

HOW COULD YOU REFUSE IT?

LET FURY HAVE THE HOUR

ANGER CAN BE POWER

YOU KNOW THAT YOU USE IT?