How did Jimi Hendrix become underrated...

How did Jimi Hendrix become underrated? I’ve never heard music as beautiful as this but nowadays he’s just fast guitar guy

Attached: 3BF71F21-80ED-4EB6-BFC0-5ADA919B227A.jpg (355x353, 30.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/playlist/6KRLa9nymoziivhfLKtoLJ?si=c6969b43ea4246c6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bias against blues rock/licks/solos/pentatonics

Electric Ladyland is top notch stuff

GOAT

I would usually be biased against those things but Jimi made them all work so beautifully. And everything he did was unique and all his songs sounds unique

>want to listen to jimi hendrix
>it's completely scrubbed from youtube and all you can find are some shitty tv fragments
I genuinely think this is a large part of it

Oh sorry no you can’t actually I got tricked by some fake Spanish instrumental version lol

Jimi used a tonne of mixo-dorian stuff which sets him above your standard pentatonic noodler.

AND THE WIND BEGAN TO HOWL

look, I'm all for sucking Jimi's nuts as much as possible, but how is he underrated? Pretty much anyone who's not a massive baiting faggot agreesnhe's the greatest guitar player of all time and one of the most influential artists in all of rock music, which he accomplished before he hit 27. The man is goddam immortalized for as long as there are guitars around.

open.spotify.com/playlist/6KRLa9nymoziivhfLKtoLJ?si=c6969b43ea4246c6 [Best of Jimi Hendrix]

I think what OP is saying is that Hendrix often gets talked about just as the greatest guitarist of his generation (which he was), and often in somewhat technical terms, rather than being admired as a fully fledged musician

Yeah everyone knows he was the an amazing guitarist but I don’t hear people talking about his albums or songs. As I said he’s just fast guitar guy to most people when he was so much more than that

All my life i've been hearing JH is the goat. He did amazing things, but i don't like his music. For me EVH is the goat.

Knopfler is the GOAT

You will never feel the light of heaven in this life or the next.

Your just a stupid moron who only cares about how fast someone can play the guitar. Hendrix played the music of the gods.

exactly my views. i understand how influential he was, but he never wowed me. eddie was on his own level and was mindblowing from the very start with the sounds he got out of a guitar.

knotter was a proficient player and had some great hits, but that's it. wow, he played pickless, so did many others.

Is all you care about how many notes Someone can play? It’s not about how many notes you play it’s about which you play. EVH never had any soul

Eddie was an unfathombly good guitar player but a shit songwriter. Van Halen only has a few masterpiece level songs.

Completely and all of those good songs are down to David Lee Roth. Like hot for teacher is one of the most fun songs I’ve ever heard but it’s Roth’s baby. It’s why he left the band immediately stopped being any good. Listen to VH3 if you want a taste of what Eddie Van Halen’s artistry was

>jimi hendrix
>fast guitar

I'm certainly a stupid moron, but i don't care about speed. It's all about the sounds one pulls from a guitar. Also, there are no gods so ur argument is very dumb.

Hendrix created the gods with his music. He’s like Coltrane with a guitar he’ll make anyone with open ears a believer