I don't care if he could play every instrument on earth. I don't care that he produced his songs all by himself...

I don't care if he could play every instrument on earth. I don't care that he produced his songs all by himself. His albums are riddled with weak sauce, and always prioritized quantity over quality. I mean, how many albums does this man have? 50?

Attached: WEB_Image Prince_Prince_(LP)_-1963641716.jpg (500x500, 34.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7mWtZTjCzo
youtube.com/watch?v=D9s2nqF4hOI
youtube.com/watch?v=aoSK7vju_l8
youtube.com/watch?v=lJjno4pTO4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=B3j4pgqdwNA
youtube.com/watch?v=dWRCooFKk3c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sneed

Attached: Prince.jpg (1000x750, 80.73K)

Weak bait.

Dickriders.

I still like Prince, but let's not pretend that most of the stuff he made was even remotely good.
People will always gravitate towards good music, no matter what, and numbers don't lie. Look at his album sales. Look at his streams. People aren't interested in listening to most of his discography because it's uncapturing and boring. And this is why I'm bringing up the fact that he could play all instruments - because people use it as some sort of argument towards why Prince is the best. As if that mere fact is supposed to automatically make you like someone's music. The only thing that will make me like someone's music, is if I actually find the song good. No amount of facts about how he did everything himself will make you like it. If worked like that, then everyone would be going CRAZY over Jacob Collier's music. But who is doing that? Yeah, literally no one, because he doesn't know how to make a good, compelling song.

I've never understood the hype for prince either, people act like he's the most tough muthafucka on earth playing really hard tight funk but then when you listen to his music it's just whiny and boring and soft as shit.

tl;dr
post Prince bangers youtube.com/watch?v=Q7mWtZTjCzo

no

find god
youtube.com/watch?v=D9s2nqF4hOI

Attached: Kiss.png (1170x859, 1.4M)

youtube.com/watch?v=aoSK7vju_l8
youtube.com/watch?v=lJjno4pTO4Y

great production on the drums there

Diamonds and Pearls is underrated

this colab with Kate Bush is stellar
youtube.com/watch?v=B3j4pgqdwNA

In dutch we have the word "suf", which I can't really translate properly, but that's what his music sounds like to me.

And none of his songs are that "good", they always have a layer of cheese ruining them

Attached: Grilled-Cheese-Sandwich-SQ.jpg (1200x1200, 99.06K)

Never liked Princess, even his guitar skills are very overrated while fans keep saying he's underrated. All flair, no substance.

He’s the original ween, he based

Attached: ween.png (958x1009, 1.19M)

Yep, pretty lame

Alright, name some 'weak sauce' examples from his albums.

I thought this was just weak bait earlier. I am also sensing a lot of contrarian cringe in this thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=dWRCooFKk3c

wish this would be remastered though it never will bc of the rape line

Why do people on this board act like you have to enjoy what everyone else does? It’s cool not to like Prince music

What’s weird is listening to all of his stuff so you can discuss how much you don’t like it. Life is too short to get hung up on what you don’t like

>Admits to liking bad music
>Wants to be taken seriously

Nigga what