Grunge clicked

Grunge clicked.

Attached: Superunknown.jpg (316x316, 11.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/heYbV4GehV0?t=1195
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

More of a prog metal album desu.

Even Flow is the only good grunge song.
Nirvana sucks! and sound garden are even worse!!!
There’s a reason why all of these fuckers kill themselves lol
it’s bc they can’t stand playing their own music lmao
They know it FUCKING SUCKS!!!

It's funny that Soundgarden play down their metal influences and play up the punk ones, because their sound is much more hard rock/metal than punk

>grunge clicked

Attached: 1648426185168.png (500x500, 76.42K)

nice bait.

I think you had to be there to appreciate it.

Nirvana/PearlJam/etc. were 6/10 bands at best, but they sounded like gods next to:
>picrel
which was 99% of rock music at the time.

It's the same idea as shitty food tasting great when you're really hungry

Attached: fagswhocantplay.jpg (1500x1500, 235.64K)

Kim Thayil has some weird thing against metal. Dunno what it is: maybe because Alice in Chains got flak as glam metal from their early aesthetic?

>I think you had to be there to appreciate it.
>Nirvana/PearlJam/etc. were 6/10 bands at best
Eh I can't agree, grunge was before my time but I still really enjoy it and think some of the bands are great
>sounded like gods next to:
>picrel
I also really enjoy some glam metal too, just as much or more than grunge depending on the bands in question (no not necessarily Poison)

I also think "grunge" is kind of a weird genre, the four big bands from the scene alone all sound so different from one another it is hard to think of them as the same style

It clicked.

Attached: 0CE30709-9BA2-4F15-BBF9-18B3D5EC4358.jpg (1200x1200, 394.46K)

a lot of gen x guys seem to love black sabbath but hate everything that came afterwards. lou barlow is the same way.

can't tell if bait or not

its funny that the top four grunge bands aren't quite grunge. The genre is more dirty, funky , funny and low fi than those bands.

Watching Krist on Beato recently he said Kurt didn't like the production of Nevermind and so I listened to a few mixes of the Vig mix Cobain did prefer. Vig's mix are way more dirty, low fi and 'small' sounding than Wallaces, big band mixes. And when you think about it the bigness production doesn't really suit their aesthetic. It's an odd blend.

oh fuck off; Nevermind is one of the best produced rock albums ever.
although in a fucked up way, Vig's clean production almost certainly helped Nirvana become huge and the success of the band almost certainly led to Cobain's suicide. So in a sense, Butch Vig killed Kurt Cobain. I wonder if he thinks about that.

youtu.be/heYbV4GehV0?t=1195
>although i was acquainted with zeppelin and sabbath, i really wasn't oriented towards those bands
Lol he says this right after a bunch of people compare them to zeppelin and sabbath

>mentions Nugent
Based

The way I read it Vig did his mixes and they were the dirty ones, label didn't like them, Kurt did, label brought in big guy Wallace and released his mixes

Hey you don't need to tell me, odd that Kurt felt different isn't it. But that was the contradiction, it sounded like 'we're a big important band' mixes. This from a Kurt who wears third hand knitted sweaters, kids don't get the time, it probably sounded garish to him

yeah he's full of shit. they even covered a black sabbath song.

my bad. didn't know that.

I FELL ONNN
BLACK GAYS

MOONMAN
SAVE THE WHITE RACE WITH YOUR PLAN

BLACK HOLE SUN
WON’T YOU CUM

Attached: C8EBF4C4-1490-4D27-9732-53158167B5E1.gif (412x304, 2.79M)