Classical music hot take

Vivaldi is the *real* greatest composer of all time.
Highly innovative, incredibly colourful and heartfelt, inspired by a genuine, inextricable religious sentiment derived from his priesthood.
The only reason it hasn't been quite cemented as the absolute top of the top in the collective imagination of the artistic intelligentsia and was not cited by the likes of O. Spengler as the ultimate height of all Western Music is probably because his music was literally only recently rediscovered. What's that that I hear you typing? Bach? Literal plagiarist (no, as much as you want it to be true, other great composers didn't just straight up dump a note-for-note photocopy as his own), and literally documented to be "deeply influenced" by Vivaldi himself (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Vivaldi?wprov=sfla1 This is accepted knowledge, and the reason it's not talked about that much is likely due to the same reason as above).
All bow to the Red Priest.
Discuss.

Attached: Vivaldi.jpg (1284x1533, 147.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tOjQ4j9bLvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vivaldi is #3 after Schönberg and Josquin.

Nisi Dominus and his Stabat Mater are top-tier.

>One critic joked that Vivaldi "wrote one concerto and copied it 500 times" and even the vaunted Four Seasons contains lengthy sections where nothing is happening. He produced 46 operas in the conventional style of the early 18th century; these were rapidly obsoleted by the opera revolution Gluck started and none have survived.[4]

tchaikovsky mogs

I prefer Boccherini over Vivaldi but I'm glad mentioned Josquin, because Josquin is miraculous.

>ADHD seething unnamed """"critic""""

Nah, Vivaldi didn't write in enough different genres, not for several instruments, and not nearly diverse enough; Bach is unequivocally the GOAT.

Based critic, that comment about copying the same concerto 500 times has survived until today as a common joke about Vivaldi.

>jealous faggot burns down all of his operas
>oh they didn't survive because they weren't good enough :^)

Not a hot take, in fact a very popular take with plebs and tourists
He ain't bad though
Based Josquinchad

Pugaldi

Attached: 9B824D6E-CABE-47D4-92CA-C6B497FAECB2.jpg (841x1004, 255.37K)

unequivocally btfo by debussy
>not classical
neither is vivaldi

What composer should I listen to tonight? I can't decide.

Agreed Josquin is really underrated. Some of his pieces have mindblowing stuff behind only experts know and there might be more secrets we haven't found yet. Literally the Bach of his time.

Scriabin obviously. This: youtube.com/watch?v=tOjQ4j9bLvg

Literally everyone knows Bach was influenced by Vivaldi.

You also can't expect Bach to worry about plagiarism when he has to pump out a work every week.

i am gonna listen to the planets [holst] on surround sound...finally got it all set up

Wagner.

You guys took too long to respond. I settled on Dvorak.

good choice ^_^