Wtf? This is like Metallica but better

Wtf? This is like Metallica but better

Attached: 1649072573627.png (320x318, 125.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XRVCPujpBpw
youtube.com/watch?v=QsdG4EpDQoc
youtube.com/watch?v=kTXUu2YvGsQ
youtu.be/0sVT9UtGstg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Everything is better than Metallica.

yeah listen to any band from the NWOBHM and they're better than metallica

but Diamond Head is one of the best, fuck yea

nah, i always like the mtallica versions of songs more than the originals, no exceptions
yes, even seger

Their '80s/early '90s covers were based. Their covers after that suck.

turn the page is their best cover & the rest of the album of newer covers was great as well

Literally nothing like Metallica at all retard, that's NWOBHM, Metallica is American Thrash . If you want a band that's Metallica but just better listen to Laaz Rockit
youtube.com/watch?v=XRVCPujpBpw

Attached: file.png (640x640, 766.71K)

>he called the band metallica was ripping off "nothing like metallica"

Attached: bush cheney.jpg (281x266, 19.76K)

Sorry I posted the wrong album.

Attached: cover.jpg (950x950, 255.35K)

yeah diamond head is the pinnacle of NWOBHM, them and satan. there's a lot of them out there, but sadly most of it is mediocre. as far as nailing metallica's sound there, that's a lot harder. i can think of some more recent examples

early man
youtube.com/watch?v=QsdG4EpDQoc

wildhunt. these guys are virtually unknown but they nail the master of puppets sound so fucking well. more people need to hear them
youtube.com/watch?v=kTXUu2YvGsQ

laaz is more like anthrax imo. still good though.

Only recently listemed to the album and was blown away. Always written them off as one influental song wonders, and I never particularly liked Am I Evil. To me the rest is so much better. One of the great singers in Heavy Metal. Soul!
And no, they're not better than tallica - they couldn't be as they're working in a different quarry - but probably best of the NWoBHM bunch.

youtu.be/0sVT9UtGstg
This is such a grower. Starts off like a decent 70s speed rocker a la Budgie, stays that way for the most part, maybe getting a little more intense with each revolution, until the final stretch... all voice, drums pick up, gives up the main riff - it is not needed here, not needed for breaking through into pure expression. Soul indeed.
This is much closer to Thin Lizzy than to the 80s machine rock of thrash.

Holy shit this really is good. Just listened to the PBTHAL

I like Diamond Head but I hate metal songs about blowjobs

I actually saw Diamondhead a few years ago.
It was disappointing.
They played well, but treated the audience with disadain, as if everybody was there to hear the Metallica covers.
That was disappointing to people who knew who Diamondhead were/are, and prefer the original versions to the Metallica covers.
Still like 'em, though.

I like both versions of Am I Evil, but I thought Metallica's cover of Helpless was better than the original, and I'm a Daimondhead fan.

Oh, no.
Nothing like Metallica.
I mean, Metallica only cut their teeth in L.A.s heavy metal concert circuit by playing Diamondhead covers at open mics and Battle Of The Band nights at dive bars.

I guess Budgie, Tigers of Pan Tang, and even Killing Joke don't sound anything like Metallica, either.

What's your take on The Scorpions?

Angel Witch debut mogs it

i "saw" them 9 years ago in a tiny dive bar. i was mainly there to see Cauldron, but i got too drunk, realized it was close to midnight on a sunday night and i had to work in the morning, and started to head to my car. as i opened the door, brian tatler was there with his guitar and said "oh hello!" in cheery british. i smiled and drove home blacked out. i resumed consciousness at a wendys a minute down the street from my apartment. i ordered 2 baconators and was yelling because it was taking too long. thanks for reading my blog.

Attached: Cool story bro.jpg (571x570, 54.28K)