Why are bassists either the most chill people you'll ever meet, or obnoxious fags, who are lost up their own ass?

Why are bassists either the most chill people you'll ever meet, or obnoxious fags, who are lost up their own ass?

Attached: WhatsApp-Image-2020-08-15-at-16.09.06.jpg (900x646, 65.5K)

Shows the clear line between talent and untalent.

Attached: JacisBac.jpg (1988x1131, 1.19M)

Singers get the most fanny, so they can be noisy just to get noticed

It's one of the easiest instruments to play, yet one of the hardest to master.

Definitely one of the coolest looking Alembics. Well done, op.

Most bassists get their ego trampled early on. Most songs don't benefit from intricate bass. Obviously there's a market for that stuff, but 90+% of music just needs a groove or subharmonics

Attached: 1634572347351.jpg (1936x2592, 580.01K)

By Master I assume you just mean play it like an electric guitar which is what all the famous bassists do

lol, coping bass players

>obnoxious fags, who are lost up their own ass?
I'll gladly lose myself up the Maneskin's bassist's ass

Bassists tend to dislike and avoid the spotlight. It takes a trained ear to appreciate bass. Most bassists accept that fact and are comfortable in that space. Some feel the need to overcompensate in other areas to make up for lost attention. Rarely are the cocky annoying bass players good.

>Chill
They don't mind playing behind the scenes and know the limits of their abilities
>Fags
Envy from the rest of the band
They're not as appealing as guitarists/vocalists
They're easily replaceable unlike drummers which have noticable differences when there's a talent gap while bassists are interchangeable since everyone can write a good bassline

Because the pinnacle of electric bass playing was created and completed already, 60 years ago

Attached: 84FD0D28-344F-41B3-9668-74DC4D2E6893.jpg (2244x2827, 489.01K)

yeah sureeee.......

Attached: Jaco-Pastorious-GettyImages-74314081-1000x600.jpg (1000x600, 121.24K)

Who do you think he learned from

reminder that Gayco Pisseduphisass got 1 shot by a gay dude in a fight

>The endgame of bassists is to play guitar with 2 less strings
>There hasn't been a bass feedback / noise abuser like Pete Townshend yet
>Every modern "genius" bass player just slaps and pops and does nothing else
What the fuck happened man?

Attached: 1644005466465.jpg (750x926, 55.91K)

Because bass players know they're really only needed for live shows as most guitar players can just play the bass parts themselves for the recording. It's quiet acceptance or malding jealous rage.

LOL. You're fucking clueless.

You can tell when a bass line was written by a guitarist, it’s boring as fuck

It takes a certain mindset. I don't really pay much attention to Nirvana, but Krist was on Beato with Thayil from Soundgarden, really interesting interview, and him talking how he aproached his arranging and playing into Kurt's vocal melodies, and adding "bounce' to the song. He's not a virtuoso, but he's a bass player. He augmented the song, not drive it.

A good bass player is someone who loves the sound of the bass, and approaches it seriously.

A typical bass player is a failed guitar player.

(As I said, i don't really pay much attention to Nirvana, but Krist's personality was not what I expected. He always struck me as a snotty, edgy try hard - but he's a total huggy bear. Funny, too.)

Great interview, btw. Some real "how the sausage was made' about Soundgarden and Nirvana.

And? He was a virtuoso on his chosen instrument.

but that describes all people, OP

>while bassists are interchangeable
Replace John Paul Jones
Replace Geezer
Replace Geddy
Replace Les Claypool
Replace Entwhistle
Replace Flea
Replace Bootsy
Replace Waters
Replace John Myung

Now look at bands that replaced good players, like Metallica. Jason was a good player, but he could never replace what Cliff brought to the table.

Most bass players can be replaced. Motley Crue could hire a 1 year old with one year of instruction and replace him.
But the good ones - not replacable.

because they're either

a) a friend of the singer/guitarist who picked up an easy instrument to help them out. just along for the ride, no ego

or

b) really a guitarist but got bullied out of it by the more dominant members and is bitter