This is the LAST pink Floyd album ok? And what a way to go out. “AND HOLD ONTO THE DREAM” gets my everytime

This is the LAST pink Floyd album ok? And what a way to go out. “AND HOLD ONTO THE DREAM” gets my everytime

Attached: B9CD1054-7091-487D-A127-3A1A411A8DCC.jpg (325x323, 26.33K)

I love Roger Waters, but I don't know what happened to his songwriting on this album. It's all so corny. The Wall is the last Pink Floyd album.

he forgot how to write a vocal line halfway during the wall and just started rambling in his speaking voice not even rhyming half the time.

literally what the fuck was paranoid eyes/get your filthy hands off my desert/southampton docks?

Last Pink Floyd album is The Division Bell
The Final Cut and A Momentary Lapse both don't count

The last Pink Floyd album was Saucerful of Secrets. Anything post Barrett is not Pink Floyd. Change my mind (you can’t).

Arnold Layne makes me want to kill myself.

this is the real last pink floyd album

Attached: animal.jpg (300x300, 149.5K)

They went on to make the greatest five album run in history.

They shit on Barrett because "*scoffs* he wanted girls playing saxophones!"
20 years later the 80s with girls playing saxaphones.

I really wish they had just kept on making albums like this.

But honestly, there's no way Barrett would have been able to put it into effect the way Pink Floyd did on Dark Side. Barrett really wasn't supposed to lead a band. According to his sister he just randomly started making music a few years before going crazy. Music was an excursion for him. That's why he was never fully committed to Pink Floyd and never had the same work ethic as the others. He was a whimsical, drug addled "free spirit" who dedicated himself to perusing sensual pleasures while Pink Floyd worked their asses off until they achieved greatness. It all worked out in the end.

That’s not true at all lol he was the main creative force behind pink Floyd during the beginning and it took 6 years after he left for them to be as big without him. His sister was a dumb cunt I suspect

Pink Floyd started getting good with Atom Heart Mother
First albums are absolute crap
Fuck Syd and fuck Syd fanboys

He was fully committed to pink Floyd until he got addicted to mandies that’s what destroyed similar thing happened with Brian Jones. Qualaudes literally destroy brain matter and can cause complete changes in personality. Syd was aj outgoing womanising extrovert who loved being the leader of a band and then pretty suddenly he became the exact opposite a solipsistic introvert. He wasn’t doing drugs in back in Cambridge lol he was smoking fags and reading the daily mail opening his door in only his pants.

A Saucerful of Secrets was an instant improvement over Piper. It's the first time Pink Floyd resembled the band that would make Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, and Animals. Having him as their leader wasn't a good match. He would have been a better fit for some sunshine pop band like Jefferson Airplane, not a band of intellectual, upper-class cynics. Also, knowing Waters, I highly doubt he would have put up with simply playing bass to songs about hobbits for fifteen years. He would have found a way to get rid of him eventually so that Pink Floyd could make the music they needed to make.

Roger literally worships syds artistically albilties I mean shine on your crazy diamond is literally a whole 30 minutes of music about how sad he is syd isn’t being an artist anymore

No they literally had zero idea what to do without syd lol listen to atom heart monster does it sound like they know what there doing. They wanted syd as a Brian Wilson style lead songwriter but he just wasn’t functional

I think he still realizes that the music he went on to contribute to is better than Syd's English nursery rhymes, although he'd never admit it.

>listen to atom heart monster does it sound like they know what there doing
Ummagumma and Atom Heart Mother was Pink Floyd clearing a pathway. The melancholy that permeates their later work is fully present in the title track on Atom Heart Mother. The only real flaw with that album was Ron Geesin's contribution. Pink Floyd wouldn't have used it, but the release date for Atom Heart Mother was already set and they didn't have time to change it.

It’s different I would say better syd was a pretty unique creative force. Depends what mood I’m in which I prefer

What the fuck are these riffs bro. They sound like they were made by and for deaf people.

Actually the last Pink Floyd album was The Endless River lmao. It wasn't great, but it was an album.